Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR health kick... And this time I'm really doing it

32 posts, 14 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
now that I'm getting my head back on after the chaos of the last wee while ivevdecided it's time to take my body back. I'm happy with who I am and howls I look for probably the first time EVER but I like being fitter and more toned than I currently am and I would like to regain the body I had in 2013 when I lost 30kg in 360 days.

so.... Winter challenge. Lose 10kg, regain tone, feel strong, and be able to wear the smaller clothes in my wardrobe again! I know how to lose weight, and I know why I put some back on, and I think I got this

anyone else tackling winter this way?
Kimrose
1415 posts
Good for you Trudi, I have been thinking the same thing. I honestly have never been heavier in my life, even through all 3 of my pregnancies.  I have bought a size bigger clothes and although I sometimes think I dont look too bad, a lot of the time I wish I wasnt this size. I have lost weight before so I know I can do it...
MareeB
5239 posts
Same here, but every time I've tried to get it under control in the past couple of years, I've failed miserably.  I'd like to commit to getting fitter...
trudijoy
8375 posts
Time has shown me that when it comes to losing weight and getting fit it will either work or it won't, and for me something in my head has to click before it works. I clicked and now I have all sorts of plans and goals again.

I hit goal weight just before xmas 2013 and never properly maintained it. I know why and I can fix it this time.

I also think it's gotta be about more than a scale number if it's going to work. This time my goal has a number attached but the non-scale victories will feel just as good
MareeB
5239 posts
That's so true - the click in the head thing! I wish I knew how to make it happen. You're the only person besides me who I've ever heard refer to it that way tho!
-Bex-
611 posts
Good on you Trudi, no better feeling than getting fitter. 

Im still on my junk free June mission and LOVING it. I've lost weight and feel better. I didn't go into it wanting to lose weight but I have. The first few days were the pits I've actually had to learn to eat properly again. I used to only eat dinner (sometimes not even dinner) but have chocolate, lollies or a couple of biscuits around 2pm to keep me going till dinner. Now I have 2-3 meals and snack on fruit and nuts. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Maree I think it's just my life coming back into balance now that the stress of dads illness (and his passing) is beginning to be able to be put behind me a little at a time.

Bex I can't restrict categories because I've gone down the self starvation/ED route before and for me it's a slippery slope. I'm not hugely reliant on sugar anyway, more on cheese, crackers and coffee lol
MareeB
5239 posts
That makes sense - bad habits creep in when you have your mind elsewhere! I never got back on the wagon after getting sick and taking hormone blockers. They're not stopping me now though, it's just something in my head keeps letting me forgive/minimise/justify my bad (usually sugar and dodging exercise) behaviour..(addiction voice..)
-Bex-
611 posts
No Trudi you don't want to go down that slippery slope. Fully understand what you mean. Haha yep I still need my 8 cups of coffee even if it isn't the same now that I use green top milk and no sugar compared to cowshed full cream milk and sugar. I do miss cowshed milk though 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Full cream milk would have me super full but I have a sedentary job and actually don't need to eat a lot really.

I'm planning on having herbal tea every time I think I'm hungry while I break the snack habit
Kimrose
1415 posts
For me, when I am lighter in weight everything seems easier. Walking, working and just every day things. My head space is better as well. I am more positive about life in general.
MareeB
5239 posts
Me too Kim - being heavier really weighs me down psychologically as well as physically. I think eating better leads to better mental clarity along with everything else. I'd love to quit sugar, I can see how it leads to nasty brain disorders. I need to take a leaf out of Bex's book...
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Yes I need to do this. I went to the doctor the other day and found on their scales I weighed 5 more kgs than I do at home. I need to cut down on sugar and carbs and increase exercise. But it is a lot harder to do that than I realized.
trudijoy
8375 posts
lol good start to the health kick. my scales were being odd (weight shifts of 40kg in one day aren't a thing) and it turns out i already weigh 2kg less than i thought after being sick haha
2lilmnkys
106 posts
Goodluck with your journies ladies. I need to get myself sorted as well. That will be my goal. To be healthier and fitter by the end of the year.
Macs
5351 posts
That good to hear your getting back into shape. I definitely need to get back into eating healthy again.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I'll be trying to lose 10kgs this winter.  I was last at my goal weight 5 years ago and I'm tired of feeling uncomfortable in my own body.  I know I'll be happier once I start toning and feel less "flabby" and my clothes aren't as tight.  The scale number is there as additional motivation and I only weigh myself once a month, otherwise it's easy to lose motivation when my weight flutuates during the month due to water retention or hormones (I retain up to 2kgs in water when suffering from PMS!  It's a lot and it feels awful).  

I finished reading the book "Skinny Me" by Charlene Carr over the weekend (the Kindle version is available for free from Amazon, for those that are interested) and even though it's fiction, I found it to be very motivating ... I even went for my first 3km walk this morning!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hopefully moving out of this dump of a house will be just better for my health in general, as I seem to always have a cough or the sniffles or just something that is generally unpleasant. Not really jumping on the weightloss train though, as I am happy in my skin :-) Good luck to you though! I hope you meet your goals for you xx
Kikikiana
52 posts
wow trudi, this is awesome! I'm feeling quite inspired from your post!!! good luck and keep us posted!!
Rezee
1964 posts
Yep, this is how I'm tackling my winter. 14kgs down since March and still going. I've turned into a cray gym person though. I love it so much and I'm really enjoying feeling some hard muscle amongst the flabby parts lol. I can't diet as such.I get too deprived and just binge, so I've been focusing on just eating a bit better but not counting anything.?I have had a few weeks lately where I've gone up and down on the scales but I think my headspace is better and I'm not going to give up.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I've just uploaded the MyFitnessPal app to my tablet ... hopefully it'll be even more motivation to lose weight.  I've just added my day so far and what I plan to have for dinner and it's really easy to use, the barcode scanner function is great too - it makes adding meals or foods really easy.
trudijoy
8375 posts
14 is epic Rezee, go you!

Kikikiana, thanks. :D

Silvene MFP is awesome, I love the feeling of control over what's happening it gives me. I link it to my garmin sometimes too.

Shaz I'm happy in my own skin but want to change how much of it there is is all :D
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahaha I love that attitude Trudi :-D 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Good luck with your health kick Trudi xx I'm trying to stay in shape this winter and not let myself go like u usually do during the winter period lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
good day! I'm trying to get into healthy habits like a wee walk at lunchtime and after work, and making my lunch so that i know what i'm eating. Todays lunch was broccoli, chicken and almond salad with honey mustard dressing, and tomorrows just came out of the oven; slow roasted butternut squash with the seeds scooped out and the hollow refilled with (cooked) chicken mixed with sundried tomato and cream pasta sauce, topped with cheese <3
trudijoy
8375 posts
cooking up a healthy storm! Tried my hand at cauliflower pizza, and will have broccoli rice on the go tonight <3
Lutece
1849 posts
YOU GO GIRL!!!!

I will join you <3 Since I broke my fibula Ive gained extra weight so Id like to remove that plus more, wishing you the best of luck Trudi, youve come a long way, youve got this :)
charly
456 posts
Good on you, ladies!  

I was doing really well a couple of weeks ago but I tried to start working out with a friend and our schedules did NOT mesh (well, our three toddlers' schedules did not mesh!) and my exercising went out the window!  

So I need to get back into working out, too.  I'm less concerned about the weight (got a few kgs to lose, but nothing major), but when I strengthen my core I fix my back problems.  When I don't exercise if I get 7 or more hours of sleep I wake up with my lower back all seized up, so it's pretty clear my body wants me to get off my ass and start working out!!
trudijoy
8375 posts
so in two weeks i'm down 3kg, and because I actually weighed 3kg less than i actually thought, i'm 6kg down on what i thought i weighed 2 weeks ago, which puts me 5kg off my goal range. I've hit my calories for two weeks, hit my steps for two weeks, and am feeling good.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hahahah I love that you didn't know your weight so magically lost extra hahaha well done Trudi :D
trudijoy
8375 posts
haha my old scales were broken Shaz so they fluctuated wildly and I kinda estimated where I thought my wight was, but overshot by 3kg :D
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Congrats on losing 3kgs, Trudi!

My weight loss hasn't been as much as yours,  I've only managed to lose 2kgs in 12 days.  I still have another 8 to go before I reach my target, which will then put me back in the "healthy" weight category for my height.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!