Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR Have had enough

36 posts, 18 members
mallomiss
569 posts
Ever get the urge to just get up and bolt? 

I love my job, I really do but I've just had enough this week! 
So super busy & so super tired and this is not nice but I have to say it, there's just too many dumb people in my work place... 

I literally just got, out of almost no where, the hugest urge to get up & run out the door! 

This is new to me... 

Bring on wine o'clock!! 
chikoboo
3402 posts
EVERY SINGLE DAY!! hehehe I hate my job and being in a small town other opportunities just don't come up and I like having money to spend so catch 22.

However I am joining an international makeup academy that will give me a masters in makeup qualification, and while I do that I would be happier just woking in Farmers to be honest.  I finally feel I have a goal to become an actual makeup artist to go freelance and build my own business which hopefully will see me creating my own NZ based education program for makeup.  One step at a time though. 

I've started getting into my blog more as I love doing that in my spare time to keep me sane as well as re-joining as an Avon rep and becoming a consultant for Jamberry nails so I hope to evolve all this to a stage where I can at least support myself part time and can say bye bye to the 7am to 5.30pm, 5 days a week stuck behind a screen in a pokey back office with not very much natural life that it makes me feel as if I am going to a prison cell each and every day.

I have been going home in tears out of sheer frustration and despair, my anxiety and stress levels are shot and I am just not a happy bunny anymore when it comes to making a living.

You need to find what makes you happy, a wise person said to me find something that you love and you will never work a day in your life, that is my ultimate life goal right now.   I am so lucky that I have my hubby who is 5000% behind me in any choice I make we have even this week been discussing the option of moving nearer to either Dunedin or Christchurch so that I have more career choices. 

Phew, sorry you tapped a nerve and it just kept coming out hehehe xx
mallomiss
569 posts
Exciting on the goals!! You will get there! I know you will aaaand you'll be fabulous!!! 

Don't be sorry! I wouldn't have popped this thread up if I didn't want people to share their own frustrations!

I feel a bit more normal when other people say "me too" 

I am doing a job I love, just need a few things to be tweaked but I'm not overly "well" at the moment so everything magnifies in my mind.
I'll get there...  
chikoboo
3402 posts
Aww sounds like you just need a cuddle =) at least you do enjoy your work that is a positive.  It'll all fall into place soon enough.

But I do agree that the clock needs to hurry to wine o'clock time!
mallomiss
569 posts
I've just emailed the Boss Lady to see if I can at 4... get that wine down my throat! 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Hugs hun, and yes I feel like that when I'm at tec, many times I've been tempted to either bolt or just throw the towel in so to speak.  On a positive note, its Friday, so you get to relax for the weekend xx
Rezee
1964 posts
I don't work but I have days like that with looking after the kids. My youngest is almost 3 and my eldest is 9 so aside from a couple of part time jobs totalling about 1 year, this has been my life for a long time.
I think it just is showing me that I'm desperate for a change. It's just hard trying to work out what exactly I want to do!
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Sounds like a round of hugs is needed. Kirsty I vote dunedin!
SandieNZ
424 posts
I definitely feel ya!  Roll on wine o'clock - although hopefully by now (unless you have a big commute) you're home with a glass in your hand.  Hope you feel better soon - try and fit in some pampering this weekend.

Oh wow Kirsty - that is an amazing goal!!!  Way to go, you will be incredible at that, you already are so talented with makeup.  Go you! xx
Qweenkaren
313 posts
Really feel for you girls... kind of in the same boat, gah dealing with stupid people is the worst!
Can't even have a wine tonight due to my girl needing a ride to and from a disco tonight. sigh. Hopefully she will let me do her makeup?!

My get-out-of-work plan is to bear this for just a few more years - max 4 - then I'll buy my mum's craft shop. In the meantime I escape mentally by designing embroidery that I can plan classes in.
I too am lucky I have a wonderfully supportive man :)
chikoboo
3402 posts
Of course you would Ong ;)
pintsize
1072 posts
Sending virtual hugs xx
Have been there at a couple of work places in the past and I am now happy to be a full time stay at home mum with a part time career in photography.
Also very lucky to have extremely supportive hubby but I also encourge him to follow his ambitions too.  We have a small businnes that is his [wants to say baby but it doesn't make it sound manly lol] and he had a contract that provides a base income.  
It is not always easy but both of us had been where you are too many times and decided to be our own bosses; I do understand a lot of careers don't allow for this though.  

A good rest, and a chat with friends... as well as a glass or *coughs* few to settle the nerves is beneficial as are snuggles with bubbas and pets.

xx
Qweenkaren
313 posts
Oh and Kirsty - If you ever want someone to practise your skills on... other than youself of course - just holla!!
Macs
5351 posts
Aww firstly big hugs for mallo miss and chikoboo xxxxx

Might be a rough day missmallow? If it keeps continuing might have reassess and go from there.

Aww thats a beautiful life plan you have there chick. I think you would make a great make up artist.

I've watched my partner be in a job he his hates. Its not a fun thing to watch anyone go through.

I hope things gets better for you both x 
chikoboo
3402 posts
Thanks Karen that'll be awesome I'll definately be looking for people to makeup.  The course even has male makeup so my poor hubby going to have to pinned down for me on that element mwahahaha
Ringy
825 posts
I hope everyone is into their wines by now and feeling at bit better! 
MareeB
5241 posts
Hearing you there ladies! Qweenkaren luckily has me to help her through her long boring days teeheehee
MareeB
5241 posts
You're right there Kirsty - Oamaru has little to offer us. I've been considering Dunedin too....
kirstyj
1732 posts
I love your dreams Chikoboo! It is so cool that you have figured out what you want to do and are working towards it. Inspirational!!!

(Also you need to know I'm totally free for you to try out your makeup skills on if you are ever in town)
Toni-Lee
503 posts
I'm in the same boat as you. Every day I want to leave because it bugs the hell out of me when it feels like your doing ALL the work and everyone else are just being useless and lazy. And u don't get a thanks for all the work you have done!
Macs
5351 posts
Aww thats no good Toni.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Thanks Kirsty x it's lovely to have you girls support and will definitely take you up on it I'm going to need test subjects.

Hubby brought home chocolate so that and the red wine is making me feel very relaxed now xx hope everyone else is chilled xx
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I feel ya, girls!

Pintsize, you've got the idea! That sounds ideal. Kirsty that's the way to go! I've always said I'd happily take a pay cut to do something I loved, rather than work in my current role. The extra money just isn't worth having the joy sucked out of your day...although it is handy for my hideous beauty addiction. Haha

I enquired about the Farmers thing but was essentially told I'd have to start somewhere like homewares and work my way up lol the makeup counters are quite coveted it seems! What I've since realised is that my interests lie within the products themselves; skincare, makeup, nail polish, all of it! Not necessarily applying it to people's faces...still trying to figure out how to make a job out of it though!

BR and Insta are great distractions in the interim :)
MareeB
5241 posts
Being a rep travelling around selling beauty products would be awesome!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah. . . esp as I resigned and have been hanging out for the new job since June.  I totally feel ya x
Lutece
1849 posts
Awww darlin I hope you had your fair share of wine to take away the stress tonight, I feel for you so much, I hate seeing the BR babes down :( And I give you so much credit for not walking out when you could have, what a strong gal!

I hope tomorrow is better for you, sending the biggest hugs XXX
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I was reading this thread yesterday and thought I'd sleep on it. Then I get up and the first thing I come across on FB is this from Emerging Women (which is just awesome btw) and it reminded me of you guys - it's only a short video. I hope it helps.

Chikoboo - you're there already I think :)

Find Your Native Genius

Just in case anyone is interested here's the Emerging Women FB page link.
kirstyj
1732 posts
Awesome video AmandaJane. Has given me real food for thought. I think I have this at my work... but can't really pinpoint what it is... hmmm. Love the idea of "Native Genius" though.

Just remembered, off to watch that other video you linked to the other day.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I'm glad you enjoyed it Kirsty.

I like her concept of native genius and I'm trying to identify mine too. 

What I've come up with so far is that I love to create, mostly things of surreal beauty and whichever medium that may be I do recognise it's part of who I am. 

You know when you look at something and it takes your breath away because it's just so beautiful - that! That's what I want to create. I'm sure it's connected to the spirit. Sorry, getting all philosophical now :)

The other video is so moving too although very sad.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Aw that's really sweet of you Amanda. Definitely food for thought, there are aspects of my current role that get me excited so it's just a matter of honing in on that for the moment :)
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I hope I'm not hyjacking the thread, I thought it was so applicable though to the theme. I'm glad you enjoyed it too :)
Macs
5351 posts
Interesting clip there amanda.
janini9
341 posts
Oh, I loved that Native Genius clip Amanda. Thanks for sharing.
mallomiss
569 posts
aww thanks everyone for the messages of support & virtual hugs! 
I got home & got into the wine & basically just checked out - had a nice long shower with the fella & we spent the night chatting & eating, it was just what I needed! 
Back to work today but Saturdays are fairly relaxed so I'm good today! 
I've so far spent the morning actually decorating with "Backing Black" bunting flags & Black & White Balloons as National Office sent us down a huge amount of All Blacks decorations! Has been quite theraputic... 

I love my job & I love the stuff I'm learning but it's just been a really busy few weeks & my Boss (is just the 2 of us) has been trying to get our other Store's Showroom finished after refurbishment & that has been super stressful for her. She thanked me yesterday for the extra I've been putting in which meant a hell of a lot! 
mallomiss
569 posts
I'll check that clip out when I get home & onto wifi later on Amandajane :)
AmandaJane
1147 posts
No worries ladies, glad to be of assistance :)

Mallowmiss - it's great to see you are feeling better today even though you have to work. I hope you enjoy the vid too :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!