Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR (but can be) Nervous Habits

19 posts, 13 members
chikoboo
3402 posts
I'm having a little bit of a nervous moment at work, well kind of frustration as I hate having to wait on other people to do their part before I can move, but that is a rant not suitable for BR ;)

Whenever I get nervous I do one of two things, I either suck and bite at my inner cheek or I pick and rip the area around my cuticles so that the wick is exposed and gets damaged, sometimes I pull it back so far it bleeds and gets all nasty.  I used to have a habit of biting my nails which I think I still do absent mindingly at times but not as near as much as I used too since I tried that bitter solution or started to play with acrylics. 

Have you got any habits be they triggered by nerves or not that are bad for your health and beauty?  Off now to coat my nails in Trilogy everything balm to heal them up.

Pifithrin
1243 posts
I grind my teeth in my sleep when I am really stressed. It's awful. Hope your workmates sort themselves out asap!
chikoboo
3402 posts
Oooh that gives me a cold shiver up the spine when I hear people grind their teeth. 
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Bruxism. It's even an awful word.
Mila
1209 posts
I pick at my hair or even worse and it drives my partner crazy I tap my foot/leg I've always done it when ive been nervous stressed to busy I don't notice until I see his face haha
Macs
5351 posts
When Im anxious I  start chipping away at nail polish thats chipped. 
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Oooh yes Macs that is so hard to resist!
trudijoy
8375 posts
i pick at my nails/cuticles unless theyre freshly painted but like Macs once it starts chipping I'll pick at that too.  I also touch my face a lot when i'm stressed which is bad for bacteria and makeup smearing.  And I cry, which is bad for health and beauty
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I tap my foot or twirl my hair.
Rezee
1964 posts
I play with my hair or pick off my nail polish when im nervous, its so annoying!
chikoboo
3402 posts
Oh yeah the whole picking and peeling off the nail polish is up there with picking at the skin around the nails, normally that is when I am bored though more than nervous :)
MareeB
5239 posts
I twirl my hair and sometimes pull it right out - which isn't good because I have an issue with thinning hair as it is! I sometimes bite the inside of my cheek too Kirsty! I also have facial and muscular tics that come and go but I don't know if stress actually causes it or just exacerbates it.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I pull my hair out and half the time I don't even realise I'm doing it. I've made huge progress this year though, my bald spots are starting to grow out which is amaaaazing! But I still catch myself doing it more often than I'd care to admit, not cute!
Macs
5351 posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one chipping my nails. I don't feel too bad about it now lol
I have a few, pull at my my nails, generally rips them :(
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I was waiting until today as it was surgeons visit and knew I'd freak out. Oh boy I sure did and I discovered my nervous habit is sitting on my hands! Didn't realise that's what I did until hubby made a comment. Other than that my tummy was doing flips, my nerves were all singing heavy metal. So my nervous habit all happens deep inside of me
MrsO
196 posts
One nervous thing I do is when talking on the phone to a stranger or someone I don't know very well, I keep saying Um this Um that which must be quite off-putting. I didn't even know it was that bad until hubby pointed it out.
pintsize
1072 posts
I hope your appointment went well Farmers-Wife :)

I tend to scratch at my jaw by my ears when nervous (creates sores) and also I bite the skin on te inside of my lower lip... it's gets quite bad at times.
I used to be a teeth grinder but stopped after I had my unerupted/impacted wisdom teeth removed (teeth grinding post surgery hurts... a lot!) When I am angry I clench my teeth but that is as far as it goes.

I can't think of other quirks that I have but I know there is a long long list haha
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Thanks pintsized xx we have a answer now so one more test for the final answer and result

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!