Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR 90's music!

19 posts, 15 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
at work we're on a wee obsession with playing 90's music to each other on YouTube... what did you love?

We've been through some kiwi music, some boy bands (our junior assistant hadn't heard of 5ive, can you believe it! :p ) and just discovered this cover of MMMBop by Hanson, but 20 years later

I've been through some Nirvana, Pearl Jam etc too haha

SO what were you into in the 90's?
shazatron101
5112 posts
I was born in the 90's BUT I loved Aqua and the Spice Girls, oh how I loved them. I also obviously loved N*Sync and the Backstreet Boys, and it's awesome when I hear their songs and still know the words bahahahahaha
Artemis
311 posts
B*Witched was the first pop cd in our house - we weren't allowed Spice Girls! 

I don't believe in the term 'guilty pleasure', so i'd say that Savage Garden are my PROUD pleasure, even today. Most of the music I listen to is heavy metal with band names I can't mention on here, and song titles that would make a sailor blush. But when "I Want You" comes on, well, I know every single lyric even the bits that dont make sense...and I even dance a little! ;)
Artemis
311 posts
Have to add, the other week I played 'Two Princes' By Spin Doctors to my son, its the most '90's-feeling song I can think of!
Also "How Bizarre" by OMC, brings back playground memories - "Stole my car, stole my car..." we used to sing.
And Jagged Little Pill by Alanis, can't believe thats 20 years old now!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Artemis i instantly just played 'I want You' by Savage Garden haha. That reminds me of silverchair too! I loooooved that Alanis album.

I'm so there with you re the guilty pleasures... I don't believe in them either. You like something, or you don't. Whether other people think I should like it has nothing to do with it; i don't care haha
Macs
5351 posts
Some of my favourites were All for One, 3 the hard Way, True Brown. I always go back to listening to 90s music somehow.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm proudly stuck in the 90s. I lived in the UK at time and it was house music all the way! I still listen to it most days. One of my students has an amazing knowledge of 90s dance music thanks to his mum. We have a dance party in my classroom Friday lunchtimes, just because it's Friday lol. 

I may have been dancing in Kmart earlier today lol. I love the music in there and often stay longer than I need to because of it lol. Always lots of 90s on in there. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
'Cuddly Toy' by Roachford was ear worming me the other week and I had to play it every morning as soon as I got up. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I could only remember a few off the top of my head and had to think back to what my CD collection consisted of back then:  Roxette, Indecent Obsession, Alanis Morissette, Savage Garden, Skunk Anansie, Placebo, Blur, The Cardigans, The Cranberries, Tal Bachman, Sixpence None the Richer, Shania Twain, Faith Hill, Texas, Sheryl Crow and Mean Mr Mustard (although that may have been early 2000's).
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I was born in the 90s as well, but I grew up listening to artists like Shania Twain and Faith Hill.
shazatron101
5112 posts
OMG!!! B*Witched!!! How could I forget!! They were awesome!!
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Since highschool was the start of the 90's for me. I have fond memories of
- New Kids on the Block step by step in 1990 on cassette getting ruined from overplay.
- Take that before the big Robbie Williams bust up/kick out.
- All Saints. Never Ever was huge.
- That Bryan Adams song 'Everything I do I do it for you'. You couldn't turn on the radio and not hear it, along with the rest of the songs on the album 'Waking up the neighbours'
- Boyzone song 'Picture of You' from Bean the movie
MrsRosie
214 posts
These last couple of months I've been having to drive an hour to work and a couple of the radio stations have a 90's hour - gosh the memories! Its great fun cranking them up and singing along...can't think of any specifics off the top of my head but isn't it funny how songs put you back in time to people and places gone by.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I listen mostly to rock and heavy metal these days but my guilty pleasure was Ricky Martin lol given he was more late 90s but I loved his music! I owned the livin vi da loca single and had my wee boom box in my bedroom and would crank it and dance away hahaha. Oh and spice girls and Hansen. Sclub 7 more late 90s early 2000

I love Sound garden and listen to them regularly along with Metallica, Nirvana, pearl Jam, live.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Color me bad, black street, backstreet bous, boys 2men, Redman and method man , cypress hill, Bob, Wutang clan, tlc,2pac, gwen Stefani, Alanis Morrisette loved her Pink, SWV, Tevin Campbell, Kris kros, gnr,2pac,Puff daddy, Missy Elliot, Timbaland, there's so many I loge the 90s born in the late 70s my genre shifts these are just a few
MissQT
1547 posts
I was born in the 90s but I was a huge spice girls fan. Stop Right Now on full blast and singing into a hair brush, yeah that was me...
Rezee
1964 posts
I just wrote a big post and it got lost in sending! I love 90s music, I have heaps of my playlist. nirvana, blink 182 (maybe 00s?), offspring, eminem, green day.In the actual 90s, I was obsessed with Backstreet Boys and 5, plus before that it was spice girls. I went to see 5 when I was 14 with a friend.I love, love Korn now who were around then but I didn't like them in the 90s cause I thouight Korn was a stupid name haha.I still know the words to all the ones I loved back then and singalong when mtv does their 90s music.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Savage Garden! Yes I loved them

Radiohead, Placebo, Alanis, Missy Elliot. So good.
Toni-Lee
503 posts
To this day I swear the 90's have the best music ever. Especially r&b like brandy, Monica, tlc, blackstreet etc. I always revert back to the old skool sounds :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!