Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR - What's everyone up to this weekend?

63 posts, 19 members
mallomiss
569 posts
Hope everyone is having a lovely Saturday so far!! 

I'm at work & quite hung over, struggling a little bit to be honest! 
Should never have got that second bottle of wine! 

I'm excited though as getting to meet my new niece tonight!! 
She was born on my Birthday so I'm thinking her & I are going to have a special relationship.... 
And I'm clucky teehee 

Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Aww that's so cool that she was born on your birthday! My friends son is born on mine and he's my favourite child as a result. Haha.

You have my sympathies being at work hungover! Those days are always soo long! I can't survive hungover at work these days, I'm far too elderly. 

I'm sitting in bed drinking coffee, watching YouTube and browsing the internets. My stock standard Saturday morning fun time! I looove it. I need to head in to work at some point, and go on a hunt to find The Innocent Man by John Grisham which I was recommended yesterday, has anyone read it?
Macs
5351 posts
At home packing. Doing house work. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I went to the Lantern Festival after work last night! Today I'm going to pop to a few shops soon once i finish recaffeinating, then later this arvo I'm off to a double stag night for a couple of important guys who are marrying each other next month <3 tomorrow depends hugely on the weather but will feature a lot of sleeping in!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm lounging in bed with a coffee and catching up with BR and social media. I'm loving that this is the first weekend I don't have to worry about studying for summer school since November! A guilt free weekend! I need to go and buy a new vacuum cleaner as mine blew up. I've been putting it off as I hate vacuuming! I need to look over some student work later. I won a copy of Tom Hardys Legend the other day so will be watching that tonight. 

Tomorrow I'm catching up with a teacher I went to Korea with. I'm going to go to Te Papa with her as I still haven't seen the WWI exhibit despite just finishing a history paper!

mallomiss
569 posts
Sooo wish I was in bed still! 

Coffee is actually a great idea! I'm going to go make one now.

I'm not a big fan of John Grisham books to be honest but my Mum loves them & swears he's never written anything terrible.

Double Stag night!!! How fun!! 
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Haha yes coffee is a must! I remember my hairdresser feeding it to me one hungover appointment and it changed my hungover life, perks me up just enough to function!

Yeah I don't read his books either because I can't get in to fictional stories, but this is one of his few (if not only?) non-fiction book he has written, so hopefully it's as good as the person recommending it says! :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
I'm going on a date with the man, the last 'part' of our anniversary. We're going to see Deadpool and then having dinner - And I get my phone back!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Mallomiss still being in bed is one of the perks of not having children lol. 
mallomiss
569 posts
Ohh non-fiction... let me know how it is Sarah! 

Aw yay Shaz!! Have a wonderful night! 
I'm thinking I need to give Paddy a reminder about dates... I'm long overdue!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Funny but I hard out crave sushi if I'm really hungover. Not that that happens much these days. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I never crave sushi... because i have it 3/4/5 times a week lol
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I'm busy alternating between BR and Goodreads at the moment.  I'm busy reading the synopsis and reviews of a few more books and trying to decide on which ones I want to upload to my Kindle or add to my "to read" list.  I'm a bookworm and read a lot of both fiction and non-fiction (usually a few chapters each night before I go to bed.  If its a really good book, sometimes its hard to put down and before I know it, it's 1am!).  

I've only ever read one John Grisham and found it very heavy and intense.  It was years ago and I can't remember which one it was.  Maybe I need to give his books another go.

I'm currently reading Gone with the Wind which I plan to try finish this weekend (when hubby goes fishing).  It's a really long book based on the Civil War (nearly 1000 pages, thankfully its on my Kindle), its taken me almost a month to read and I feel I'm ready to move onto something else.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Trudi I rarely eat sushi as there's nowhere locally that does what I would consider to be sushi lol. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Soozie... the beauty of Auckland/being allergic to seafood so having different requirements :p
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Haha, I did think, oh that's right, Trudi is allergic to seafood. So you wouldn't be looking for raw hotate or ikura lol. Damn it! Now I really want some!
Macs
5351 posts
Funny I woke up didn't want home made coffee. Went to my coffee house to get a large Mocha to go. I already want another one. Kids are going away today. This will be my chance to Spring clean top to bottom. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Or any other hotate and ikura lol! The Japanese sushi chefs would cringe at kiwi sushi but its perfect for me
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Oh I love sushi!  It has to be teriyaki chicken sushi though because fish and I are not friends at all ever.  Have the best date Shaz!!  I hope that man spoils you...glub glub ;)  That's soooo cool mallow that your niece was born on your birthday too so spesh. 
I am now laxing with a bourbon (not too early right? after weeding the entire vege garden and stripping the tomato plants.  I plan to make relish and chutney with them cause there are soooo many.  Lunch time now then gunna do some baking for the school week ahead.  Very busy day today.  Eeeww when did I start being good at adulting?!  Have the bestest day girls xx
shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha the amount of $$ hes spending on the phone is spoiling enough lmfao ;-) you have a good day too Miss Banana, and no, definitely not too early for burbon! 
kirstyj
1732 posts
I've spent the morning doing nothing much. But I love Saturday mornings like that. I think I'm going to write a few reviews this morning. I just tried a new foundation I bought and I think I love it... which is great considering my old one only has 1 or 2 uses left. 

I think this afternoon I might read a book. I haven't sat down and read in ages as my attention span is no longer what it used to be but I really want to get back into it. I know I have books on my kindle I haven't read but I'll prob just buy something new off Amazon anyway.

Then I want to do a bit of a clear out somewhere, I'm thinking of my spare bedroom cupboard. It is a mess and because I don't see it often I just forget about it.

Then tonight I have a hen's night to go to! Should be fun :)
-Bex-
611 posts
We are having a chilled out relaxed weekend at moeraki. been for a 4km walk along the beach this morning, now just chilling before fishing time. 
mallomiss
569 posts
Work stops me from sleeping in on a Saturday but Sunday is a different story! I'll stay in bed until I can't stand to anymore lol usually around 10am.. The kids are at their Father's on weekends so it's nice to get the chance for a sleep in.

The people we're going round to see/meet the bub/ cook them dinner have decided it's time to wet her head... I cannot face another night of alcohol!! so I'm gonna stay sober with Mama.

Also I'm planning on spending a wee bit at MAC tomorrow & I don't want to be hung over for that experience! 
mallomiss
569 posts
Enjoy your Hens night Kirsty!! 

Oh I love Moeraki Bex - I need to get down there again soon, it's been years!
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh Bex - I'm jealous! I love walking the beach between Hampden and Moeraki and looking for crystals - bliss!!!  I've been working outside all morning - cutting the hedges, gardening etc now it's break time - food and re-runs of Americas Next Top Model! Then it'll be more work outside followed by a well-earned soak in something Lushie - yahoo!

Enjoy your parties, coffee and japanese food ladies :)
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Ooo what are you planning on splurging on at MAC, Mallomiss? :D

Cute Shaz! Enjoy your date AND YAY FOR FIXED PHONE! Finally.

Kirsty that's exciting that you liked it on first impressions! Nothing quite like finding a good base. You tend to have such good luck with choosing the right foundation for you! 
mallomiss
569 posts
I'm thinking a Foundation & a Lippy. I have a $150 voucher for the Lesson. I have that booked for next Sunday but I want the make up before next Saturday as I'm going to a 21st where a lot of the girls are going to be stunning so I want to have a good face on.... 
I can apparently just spend the voucher without the lesson...
I have a new friend who is an Estee Lauder MUA at Ballentynes too, I thought I might pop in & see her for some samples teehee
tannygirl
3392 posts
Catching up on skype with my sister and then the usual weekend stuff. Usually there's a family dinner on Saturday. And now BR time.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I've been to the Art Deco festival today which was a little different to what I expected but fun all the same.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Deadpool was AWESOME. Getting my phone back was AWESOME (deserves caps cos I'm so happy about it). Even having Dominoes by the lake was awesome. What was not awesome was my brand new freakin' Lee Stafford hair stuff leaking all through the Farmers bag. Angry Smurf
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Very chilled weekend here. Took the kids shopping today which was an event and a half lol. Got bits and pieces for the new house that we needed and then went and took the kids to get scooters to ride around on. What should of been a 10 minute job turned into an half an hour 'I can't decide what one I want' job. In the end kids decided and we got the things we needed. This afternoon we went visiting family :)
Travel tomorrow :( Hope everyone is having a great weekend! X
chikoboo
3402 posts
Very chilled as always around this household, a bout of reviewing, photo editing for blogging and online shopping, sprinkled with beach walks with the dogs, cuddly lie ins and Assassin Creed marathon whilst it is raining.  Today is going to be a repeat of yesterday hopefully with the addition of a couple of baking/food shows and documentary watching.  I am such a home body and I love it over anything else
Rezee
1964 posts
Not much happening here. We had our movie night in the lounge with 2 of the 4 kids. I need to do some housework and baking today. It looks like it might rain today? Rain doesn't bother me but it does make drying washing more difficult.  (See this is my life with children, so much excitement going on!)
kirstyj
1732 posts
My day may be a bit quiet today. In need of some fried food as I'm feeling a bit squiffy this morning.

Also wanted to pop in to say CONGRATS! To Chikoboo on reaching 600 reviews. What a milestone!!
Macs
5351 posts
Procrastinating on the couch with my fluff ball. Waiting for the spca to open. Found some kittens in our paddock next door to us. Could hear crying. 
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Haha, Kirsty! Looks like you've taken Mallomiss's place today :P mmm fried food.

I can't wait to hear what you picked up Mallomiss! :D I redeemed my lesson voucher for product without getting the lesson, haha. I didn't want to wait for an appointment!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Today is movie day with a friend, it looks like it's gunna rain too so it's the perfect day for it!
Rajvee2588
221 posts
Weekend is all about household work, cleaning and making some nice food with hubby.
And ya some hour rest too
Rajvee2588
221 posts
And yes forget one thing which is very important.....makeup
i spent at least hour to learning and experiment.
it is really fun to do that on weekends.
Macs
5351 posts
I had a make up play too Rajvee. I tried green on my lower lash line. Make Up really makes me happy. Especially experimenting. I keep photos on my phone for reference.
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Today the hubby took us to a pooooosh cafe and we had iced chocolates with a slice of cheese cake which was uber yummy.  We then went for a swim at my sons school down the road which was awesome in this heat!  This afternoon the rest of my lawns and then a big walk to get my push play in.  Your day sounds more like what I want to do Shaz x
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I was silly enough to offer to help on the farm driving a couple of tractors and wrapping bales for the stock over winter. Never ever again! I thought it would be easy and all good on my back. Heck no! So I had to give up. I was determined to help as we have a friend wanting to go for a ride and stop at a couple of pubs.

Yesterday was a day of lots of visitors and baking up a mini storm.
Rajvee2588
221 posts
Macs Right now I am trying to corn horn which didn't get out well. Now my hands feel sore...... My husband just keep asking me what are you doing? I said I doing nothing...
where are you shaza...Lol....how you did it? 
Now I am tired....going for rest....
Macs
5351 posts
Aww good on you Rajvee for giving it a try. This may sound silly but do you have a glad wrap cardboard  roll you could wrap your hair in? Cut it down to size. Pin it down with hair clips. Fingers crossed it works.Thats nice of your husband to take interest in what your doing. I wish mine was interested. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Are you asking how I did my unicorn horn Rajvee? :-) Well, firstly I parted the amount of hair I wished to use. Next I teased it and then used a small elastic band to tie it in a ponytail at the front of my head and then into a bun with a long tail. I then wrapped the 'tail' from the top down around the bun and I pinned it behind the bun. I pulled it into a rough horn shape and I hid or pinned down any loose hairs, and I use a lot of hair spray :-) I hope that my 'instructions' make sense haha :-P

It never rained, its as hot as anything and I have a headache and a bellyache from movie day - easy dinner tonight I think!
chikoboo
3402 posts
Thanks Kirsty x
trudijoy
8375 posts
The stag night was amazing! Today has been a couch day though lol
Rajvee2588
221 posts
Hey macs do you know why because he wants me to keep long hair. That time he thought I am cutting my hair......lol.....
honestly he hates makeup....and I love it.
Rajvee2588
221 posts
Thanks macs And shaza
Next time when I have time.....
Macs
5351 posts
Rajvee Must be a guy thing, my partner doesn't want my hair cut either. Doesn't like my make up lol But he knows how much I love it.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!