Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR - What Did You Get for Christmas?

30 posts, 19 members
tannygirl
3392 posts
   I was soooo lucky with my Secret Santas. I participated in three Secret Santa groups this year and loved putting together gift packs for my recipients. But I was really lucky to unwrap four items off my wishlist, the EOH goddess pencil in Sapphire and Benton's Bee and Snail Essence from one Secret Santa and the EOH goddess pencil in Selenite White and Jeffree Star's Masochist Liquid Lipstick. Which were all on my wishlist. Honestly I would have been grateful if I got just one of those items from my Secret Santas but I got four. I'm so spoilt! Other gifts I got that I'm really happy with were:

- A Body Shop Frosted Cranberry gift set

- Some pretty handmade angel decorations for the tree ( I love those)

- A Black Coconut and Amber scented soy candle

- Ecostore Lip Balm

- Jimmy Choo scented body lotion

- One of those tote bags that you can zip up to like wallet size

- Chocolate! Lots of white chocolate (yum yum yum) and gummy sour lollies (yum yum).

I'm so grateful! What did you lovelies get?
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Merry Christmas :)

I got a fair few practical gifts and a lovely amount of gift vouchers. 
In terms of beauty I got the new make up brushes I'd been wanting and some brightly coloured LA Girl gel eyeliners.
I also got a couple of Christmas decorations to add to my collection. And of course sweets and nuts as is also tradition.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Weee I love being nosy about what people got! From a friend I got a tea box and a box of Lindt creation dessert chocolates, good lord they're delicious. From Fiance I got S1 and 2 of Suits, S3 and 4 of The Walking Dead, an Artisan Cheese making kit (up to 10kg of cheese!!!), OGX shampoo/conditioner and ninjabread men cutters! From his family I got a roll of coloring in pencils - like a makeup roll thing for brushes! And a really nice photo frame that will hold several photos. Also a belated birthday gift of a deep dish toastie machine. From my parents I got a cake decorating kit and a worm farm. I had a really good day, was spoiled with everything I asked for and now I'm off to bed! xx
ladythorn
108 posts
I was really spoilt this year!!! I took part in a SS gift exchange and received a Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette (still very blown away!!!), Purple Orchid candle, LA Splash lippie and some yummy chocolates...  Quite proud of myself that I still have some of those left! I gave my SS receipent a miniture Marc Jacobs Dot perfume, LA Girl Matte lipstick, OPI nail care polish and an Hourglass Ambient Palette.
And from my family I received GHDs, Smiggle gel pens, artist pencils pack, Bossy Ginger Snap Body Scrub, Bossy Raspberry Bath Bomb, Lush Godmother Soap & Snow Fairy, beauty giftpack from my Mum, a pair of leggings & Charlie Gold perfume from my MIL, vertical planters & soil from my sister. Had a really good day, it wasn't as stressful as I thought it would have been considering I was slaving away in the kitchen for most of it :)
Rezee
1964 posts
From my lovely secret santa, I got an ecoya candle (lit it last night and it smells great), a covergirl lippy, collection mascara, nicole nail polish, bossy scrub and some chocolate,  the hugest box of maltesers!  From my partner, I got some perfume, lush products and a bracelet.
I wasn't feeling well yesterday so I didn't go with my family for dinner but I actually enjoyed the couple of quiet hours I got so that was almost like a present too!
My kids seemed to have a great day and even though we bought them much less than last year, they didn't seem to mind at all.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
So awesome seeing the goodies that everyone gave & received. My family didn't really do xmas this year due to our family being spread out around the world but I got an amazing present from my secret santa.. a candle crush candle, body shop goodies and one of my favourite bath bombs! Felt really spoilt. I gave my SS an EOH brow pencil, An essie nailpolish and nail file, and Becca's new Glow on the go. 
I also got an awesome Diary for 2016, and I am so unorganised so the person that got that for me knows me very very well! 

Shaz, I am obsessed with suits! Such a good show
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I was spoilt rotten this year. From my other half (cause we only do little gifts for each other) he got me Batman sleep wear! His Mum got me Katy perry's solid perfume on a Necklace, it smells divine! super mum oven mit and apron lol, electric fry pan and new pot set :) Then my Mum and Dad got me clothes, jandals and flats. L'Oréal mascara, Max factor lippy, argan oil?, $100 voucher to have my hair did, Tattoo adult colouring in book, a beautiful bracelet, cutlery set, and a big pan anddddd Britney Spears Curious Perfume. My other halfs brother and partner also got me a bottle of Britney Spears Curious lol. I love being nosey and seeing and hearing all the goodies everyone got. Hope u all had a good day!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Does anyone know if Nat got the ultimate gift? (Milky mark 2) :-)
Rezee
1964 posts
I was wondering too. A friend had her beautiful little girl yesterday morning. A baby would be the perfect present!
MareeB
5244 posts
Funny, I was wondering about Nat this morning too!!!
MareeB
5244 posts
I got tons of Skinfood, the By Nature Masks, and chocolate, wine, and DVDs. Yay!! I ate too much tho...
Julieal
915 posts
I had a wondeul xmas -lot of lovely pressies and too much food but most of all a lovely day with my family with lots of laughs and no tears. Very special day and I am so very lucky
kirstyj
1732 posts
Had a lovely day! Managed to not even eat too much :)

Got very spoiled this year. I got a Argan Body Shop kit which is beautiful and has lots of lovely products in it to try. Also got the Lisa Eldridge makeup book that I really wanted to read, can't wait to have a good look at it. A wee kit of 3 Ecoya candles was also lovely, can't wait to try them out as I haven't tried Ecoya before (I can feel a new addiction coming on already).
trudijoy
8375 posts
I got two days of playing with my one year old niece haha. Also lots of great food and drink. Gift wise I got an overnight case, the Chelsea Winter cookbook, some Clarins Scrub, 3 liquid liners and a gorgeous metallic pink pencil liner, mosaic nail polish, earrings and a necklace, mascara,a candle, central otago pinot noir, a beach bag, a shopping tote, cleanser and moisturiser.

I tried to spoil my family... always do
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Shazatron I'm like you - I LOOOVE seeing what people got! I was super spoiled this year. I got some amazing gifts from 2 beautiful friends xx I also got a heap of authentic Mexican ingredients so I can replicate the food I ate overseas here, as well as a drink I loved over there called horchata. I also got 3 books (sooo lucky!), some socks (which I'm super stoked about randomly haha) and 3 beautiful Mexican skull bottles with tequila imported from Mexico. So stoked and grateful! His Xmas was one of the best ones I've had yet - I got to spend all day with my family and celebrate my nieces first Xmas. I'm feeling super blessed today even though I'm at work hehe. 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I got a huge candle out of the gift draw for work, glasshouse amalfi coast smells completely awesome but I don't want to bring it home from work since I will want to use it.
First Lady
957 posts
Sounds like everyone got lovely pressies and had lovely days - I adore Christmas so love hearing the festive spirit prevail

I am still very much with child, ha, Milky Mark 2 is showing no sign of budging, although Milky was 9 days over, so we could be looking at a 2016 baby, but as long as he's all good in the baby hood, I can cope with be mahoosive for another week or so!

xox

shazatron101
5112 posts
Weeeee little bebe come out already! Be the first baby born in 2016! (that'd be so cool!!)
Rezee
1964 posts
That's kind of cool that you can't really predict which year your baby will be born in! I'm feeling for you in this heat though, I felt like a beached whale when I was pregnant with my almost 7 year old, it didn't help that it was the hottest summer back then.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Shazatron how about last baby of 2015, also a pretty awesome option. Only if Milky mark 2 wants to play game for you Nat.
MareeB
5244 posts
The 29th would be a great day for it Nat. Not for any particular reason....
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I was quite lucky this year, my 3 munchkins all made me handmade gifts so they were the most special.  I got chocolates and jewellery from my sister and her hubby, and a UE megaboom speaker in purple from hubby he he he, been amazing being able to play music again while I'm in the kitchen.  But the best thing I got was to spend the day with all my family, it was such a wonderful day.  So lovely hearing of what everyone got for Christmas and what they did.  Merry Christmas lovelies xx
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Awww Nat, hopefully not too long now hun, just enjoy having bubs in your tums, I miss feeling my babies moving around and kicking inside, okay maybe not the big jabs lol, but that overall feeling of knowing you are growing another life, is such an amazing feeling xx
MrsLissy
301 posts
I was really lucky on the beauty product side for Christmas this year! I got an Antipodies face serum, a big ecoya moisturiser, a lush gift pack, a body shop gift pack and a few other great non beauty related things. Hubby gave me a voucher to spend anywhere on the internet so I got some stuff in the Lush sale yesterday too! Nat I hope Milky part 2 is born tomorrow (28th) it would be a pleasure to share my b day with the cool new dude :D
First Lady
957 posts
Haha Mrslissy - no sign of bebe yet, but I suppose the odds go up every day, so tomorrow could be the day!  And if not tomorrow, there's even more chance he could be birthday buddies with maree!

I read your body won't go into labour if you have unfinished business...so I'm settling down to watch The Apprentice (uk) final.  YES I am that cool.

xox
MrsLissy
301 posts
Ahhh that's why they couldn't induce me I had sooo much unfinished business it wasn't funny! I'm crossing my fingers and hope he gets the eviction notice soon. Enjoy the apprentice, whatever works huh!
idomakeupnz
150 posts
I feel really spoilt this year, I got some really amazing gifts and I'm so, so grateful for them all!
Surprisingly I didn't get any makeup! Which is a first I think haha, although I did buy myself quite a bit in the last few months so I count that as a Xmas gift to myself :P
My beautiful friend Shannon gifted me a HUGE, very unexpected parcel of goodies. It contained the Johana Basford Lost Ocean colouring book, a BBW Spiced Cinammon Pumpkin candle, an assortment of samples from lush and other skincare goodies, a little hot chocolate "kit" which included a mug, marshmallows, hot chocolate mix and a small bottle of Baileys! She also packed chocolate spoons, pumpkin spice mnms and toffee apple mnms (american ones) and some herbal tea!
My other gorgeous friend Jess gifted me a cute little cat shaped dish in a mint shade (which is my fave colour right now), she also gave me a pug cross stitch kit, a desk planner, some notebooks, a giant pencil case (which I really needed!), lots of pens, pencils, highlighters, erasers and other stationery goodies and also an awesome mason jar mug with a straw!
From my parents I got a giant bag of gourmet jelly beans (my fave!!), 2 large framed pictures which are these amazing creepy historical images that are holographic (is that the word?) they change when you move. They also got me a pretty white resin deer head with gold antlers, a compact mirror that has an insult on it and some creepy labratory stickers for labeling jars and bottles.
My sister got me my favourite chocolate and my step sister gave me a gift card to the Plaza.
Lastly, my grandparents gave me some money and a gift set which included a towel, body wash, bar soap and tissues.
Macs
5351 posts
I had two secret santa gifts one wasn't anonymous. I was lucky to recieve them . I posted them on the photo wall. My sister got me a t shirt and chocolates. Was a lovely xmas and I really love all my gifts.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I got lots of great practical things (including a new diary and huge USB drive), a new board game, lots and lots of candles (something I rarely buy for myself), lots of yummy food treats like ABC butter and dukkah, and a super relaxing day with my family.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!