Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR - The Joy that is Man Flu

16 posts, 11 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
Fiance currently has man flu (I'm sarcastically dancing with joy). And it's definitely a thing because there is no way in hell I am as sad, mopey, and as noisy when I sleep when I have the flu as he is. I actually wanted to smother him last night to end the noises coming out of his face hole. How do you ladies deal with the man flu in your house? 
trudijoy
8375 posts
by staying single? ;)
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
You poor thing!! I have a friend who laughs everytime her man has the man flu. She takes the mickey so much about how he's dieing because that's how he acts, it's really amusing. My partner doesn't really get 'man flu' when he's crook he let's it be known haha but sucks it up and carrys on. I hope your partner recovers soon! Mostly for your sanity haha
RamblingRose
1280 posts
When my Hubby gets Man Flu, he snores even louder than usual and I find the usual elbow in the ribs does nothing.  A cup of Chicken Soup before bed seems to help, especially the Continental Hot 'n Spicy Chicken Noodle, it seems to help open up congested airways and the hot spices really help clear the sinuses out.  

If the heavy mouth-breathing and snoring persists, a pair of ear plugs helps me to get a little shut eye, although they take a bit of getting used to.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
If you have a bath, run a fairly hot bath and add 5 drops of lavender oil, 4 drops of tea tree, 2 drops of eucalyptus oil and 1 drop of peppermint oil to the water.  Swish the water around well to mix all the oils before getting him to hop in.  Get him to lie there for 10 - 15 minutes, inhaling the steam.  This mixture helps with chest infections, coughs and congestion and is something I did for years when I had a bath.  

If you've only got a shower, you might want to try the shower disks that I mentioned in the Homemade thread

Macs
5351 posts
Amy my partners the same. Never shows hes sick. He the type to say harden up princess.  Normally I can tell when he looses his apetite. Im used to him having plate loads every meal. I give him a BRATS diet when I suspect somethings wrong. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha Trudi... If only it were that simple ;-)

Amy I hope he recovers soon too otherwise he will be getting smothered later tonight. He is currently in the bedroom being heard and not seen so that bodes well for me (I am also a lot less angry so it's win win!)

Ooooh Silvene the spicy chicken sounds good!! He doesn't like spice but oh well, I'll make it to annoy him but ultimately make him better! And those shower discs... if I had proper oils I'd be all over that like white on rice. Also with snoring, my elbows don't work either so I run my hand down his face, maybe sometimes its more of a slap cos I'm half asleep but he's also asleep so he doesn't know. It shuts him up though and he rolls over ;-)

-Bex-
611 posts
The man flu! Yep it exists I feel your pain. Whilst we are coughing, have temps of 40 degrees, throats that feel like they have been sanded with sand paper, noses dripping more than a tap, we are expected to carry on as per normal no sympathy, suck it up buttercup, yet when the shoe is on the other foot it's "but I'm dying" " no you weren't this bad" "you hardly coughed" argh not looking forward to flu season 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hah! Bex that's right on the nail. I was telling him something last night about how I wasn't as sick as him and he was like "But you're never sick!!!" Well I do get sick I just don't complain obviously. Men! Bigger women than women are. hahahaha
Rajvee2588
221 posts
oh shaza hope he recover soon...in my house when he is sick, he try to show he is not sick which is really good for me....lol....
i hate snoring really. reraly he does but he does snoring i just wake him up so he stop snoring. 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Bex & Shaz, I sympathise completely.  The last time Hubby had Man Flu, he spent 3 days in bed 'dying' because he felt so awful.  He refuses to self-medicate or treat the symptoms by taking any kind of cold or flu rememdy, he says it just masks the symptoms and won't get rid of it any quicker.  Personally, I'd rather treat the symptoms and feel a little better, even if I'm still sick.  He then passed his germs on to me and I was still expected to cook his dinner, do household chores, go out and buy groceries and continue as if I was perfectly fine.

Man flu = the world comes to an utter standstill and all that matters is how sick he is
Wife flu = life goes on, nothing is different

Shaz, I hope your man starts to feel better soon!
Artemis
311 posts
Have to be fair to my man here and say he hardly gets sick, and when he does it passes quickly! No man flu for us. We seem to be getting the nastiest bugs of our life since we had our son though, kids are such germ magnets, haha. Both had a couple of really awful bugs last year
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
What Trudi said! Lol. 
MareeB
5239 posts
Me too  - single is good :)
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
x4 what Trudi said. Haha
shazatron101
5112 posts
Lol being single would hurt my heart so not an option. Another night of no sleep - 3am found me playing The Simpsons on my phone. Not as much snoring last night but he did make a few weird sounds, like cats fighting. That was odd. 

I am lucky with the fact he will self medicate and that means eating packets upon packets of lozenges and I found cough medicine in the fridge, but otherwise he just sits there sniffling and coughing and snorting and grunting. Sounds like I live with an animal lmfao

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!