Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR - the election! When are you planning to vote?

21 posts, 10 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
** no party political chat, just raising the topic **

This year, you can vote early. I didn't 100% know - I'd heard something but didn't realise that ANYONE can vote before the actual day. I did today and it took seriously like 3 minutes, so much easier than lines on the day!

Have you voted yet? Will you be voting early, or waiting until Sat?

And will you watch the election coverage next week? I won't be watching that but I'm interested, of course, to know the result :)
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I had a guy at the mall try and get me to vote yesterday, but I haven't 100% decided yet. But I'll probably vote early because I have lots to do on election day. And election night, it's tradition for the family to all watch the election coverage together while having a few nibbles and political debates.

trudijoy
8375 posts
Being undecided is def a good reason to wait a few days :)
MareeB
5241 posts
I'll go on Saturday. A friend and I usually vote together then go and have coffee.
trudijoy
8375 posts
that sounds like a nice day Maree!
Macs
5351 posts
I only just enrolled this week. Probably Thursday at the latest. I can't wait for it to be over. I'm sick of seeing it on tv and social media. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
its the ones on the side of the road shaking placards and yelling that drive me nuts, Macs!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I'm with you Macs. Sick of it!!
kirstyj
1732 posts
I love elections! Particularly I like getting into a good debate at work about these things. Not because I agree with one side or the other but because I like to get people thinking about what they really believe and why they believe it.

I'll be voting on Saturday. I really believe that we are truly lucky to live somewhere like NZ where we can have a vote that counts. So whether the party I vote for gets in or not is beside the point - to me voting is appreciating the past and the people that have fought for me to be able to vote.
MareeB
5241 posts
It is a nice day Trudi. The best thing is that we don't discuss any politics - just vote then get on with talking about food, tele, celebs, and work hahaha. I'm sick of all the chat and lies already too!
Toni-Lee
503 posts
I voted today as I won't have time this week.
Julieal
915 posts
I think it is great you can vote early but I like to wait for last day.It is helpful for busy people to be able to choose a time to suit their life style so hopefully a lot more people will get out there and vote.I am also over all the blah!!! so will be good to get done .
tannygirl
3392 posts
I had a few errands to run and I'm still recovering from the flu so I decided to take a walk for some lighter exercise and vote today.
MareeB
5241 posts
Did y'all vote then? because I don't have my address on the electoral role, I had to cast a special vote which meant I ended up in a queue behind two people who were totally bewildered by the process and had to have it explained slowly to them several times. I was verrrrrrry frustrated and using profane language in my head by the end of it!!!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Voted a week ago and over the last week I've become surer and surer I voted right (for me)
trudijoy
8375 posts
That sound abominably frustrating maree!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I also voted over a week ago when I was in my local mall. I knew I wouldn't change my mind between now and then. So excited for the results to start rolling in!

I'll be watching it all night. Just waiting for my pizza to arrive and wondering if it's too early to crack open the bubbles! I always feel really hopeful at this stage. It's been such an exciting election campaign. Anything could still happen really. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
i don't think i'll watch the coverage but i'll chip in and out between other things. and i'm into a glass of Lindauer summer ;)
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Nice one Trudi. I've got a four pack of the mini Linadauer because one of those is usually enough for me these days. Hurry up pizza!
MareeB
5241 posts
I'm not watching it either - I'll tune in before bed to see who won, but I'm sick of it now. I've been reading about the impending volcano eruption in Bali - I hope none of our lovely women are there right now. Very scary.
Julieal
915 posts
Interesting end so we will still have to wait for a resolve.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!