Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR - Inversion Therapy

14 posts, 8 members
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I went to the Auckland Home Show this morning and one of the exhibitors there was selling inversion tables.  I've never tried inversion therapy before and I'm in pain on a daily basis, mainly across my lower back and into my hip joints, which always seems to be worse in the mornings.  So I paid the fee that they were asking for a treatment and was inverted for 10 minutes.  As soon as I was inverted, my pain eased up completely but once I got off, it returned but was drastically reduced and I feel I may benefit from ongoing sessions or a longer session. 

I don't want to buy an inversion table or chair (I don't have space for one) but I'm looking for somewhere that offers inversion therapy on the North Shore.  Has anyone been for inversion therapy? Where or who do you recommend? 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Some chiropractors might have them. I've never tried it, but I looked at it once for my Mum who suffers chronic back pain. It didn't seem to have long lasting effects, but did provide temporary relief. Good luck finding someone and I hope it helps :)
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I haven't but I probably should look at this for myself.
Maybe you could also look at hanging yoga classes or check with a pilates or gym too. I used to go to a gym that had a back extension bench where my feet were the same height at my hips. Rather than exercise on it I would just hang for about 10 minutes, for me doing this was relaxing. It may not give the relief you need on the legs and hips but it should do on the back.
MissQT
1547 posts
interesting topic as I had never heard of this before but it sounds interesting (just did a quick google). My dad has back problems and I know he does stretches on the stairs (lying backwards down it), so perhaps these stretches could be something you could try at home as it sounds like it could give a similar effect?
RamblingRose
1280 posts
MissQT, I'm interested as to how your Dad does the stretches on a staircase. The only staircase we have is outside but I could possibly try using that on days when it's dry (just put a towel down). I'll have to google it, as I can't quite figure out what to do on the staircase without landing up in a heap! 
Macs
5351 posts
I had a quick look at this online. Never heard of this before. I'm reading an article about it now.
MissQT
1547 posts
Silvene you sit at the top of the stairs and then slowly lean backwards and lie down on the steps upside down. You start sitting quite far in at the top of the stairs and move down as far as you want (e.g kreep down in instalments). When you go all the way down you might want to get someone to hold your feet for you so you don't slip.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Thank you, MissQT!  I'm keen to try this once my staircase is dry (it's raining at the moment and the stairs are outside). 
MissQT
1547 posts
You're welcome. Hope it helps :)
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Wow I've never seen or heard of this before. Do they sell these in shops in NZ? Or was it just a kind of mobile store? It looks really cool and would be great for relieving all the tension in my body!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Charmmy-Kitty, it was a stand at the Auckland Home Show.  Looking at their website, it looks like they'll be at a few more expo's during Sept & Oct. 
kirstyj
1732 posts
A friend of mine bought one and loves it! I don't know if anywhere has them that you can use though, sorry!
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Have you tried sitting with your legs up the wall? I really enjoy that pose at yoga, and it's meant to be really good for you.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I do a variety of yoga poses to try ease the pain, including the one with my legs up the wall. It helps to a certain extent but doesn't give the same relief that being inverted does. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!