Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR - help parts needed

10 posts, 5 members
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Does anyone know where I could get washing machine parts in NZ? I've looked online & on TradeMe and can't find anything. My washing machine broke yesterday and we need to replace the spider arm flange (I don't know if it's called something else in NZ) ... it's a Samsung top loader and this is the gadget that makes the drum spin, ours has cracked! 
Priestess
18 posts
If you can find the model number which shpuld be easy from Samsung website and pop into your local electrical wholesalers with that number they can get it in for you. I recently bought a part from Ideal electrical for my wall oven. They can source parts from most common brands pretty easily.
Priestess
18 posts
If you can find the model number which shpuld be easy from Samsung website and pop into your local electrical wholesalers with that number they can get it in for you. I recently bought a part from Ideal electrical for my wall oven. They can source parts from most common brands pretty easily.
Macs
5351 posts
My partner said from any Appliance repair shop. We purchased the drum holding brackets from a store to repair ours. Hope you find one.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Thanks, ladies. I popped into our local appliance store this morning and was told that I won't be able to find Samsung parts in NZ and that I'll have to order from overseas?! 
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Surely there's someone in NZ that services Samsung appliances and manages to source parts? 
Qweenkaren
313 posts
that sounds rediculous to me. I would recommend you find a local fix it man type. They used to be around and able to fix nearly anything, sadly they seem to be disappearing.

Jump on the phone and call around plumbers, or another local hardware store - ask if they know who to contact for washing machine repairers.

Samsung are a big enough brand there must be places around that will service them and able to get parts - where do you live? alternatively, do you have a recycle centre near you? could you find the part there?

oh, also, most second hand stores have a service guy who fixes things - check with them to see if you can get a contact name.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Thanks for the suggestions, Qweenkaren. We'll try some of those. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
i don't know how much help this will be, but there's a website called needapart.co.nz. they have all sorts of bits and bobs for appliances - maybe your machine is among them.

also, sorry i can't link. im on a stupid tablet and this is my third time trying to type this out!
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Thanks so much, Shaz.  I tried looking on that site for the part we need, but I couldn't find it, so I've left a message using their contact form and hopefully they'll get back to me.  Fingers crossed.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!