Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR - Do You Have That One Person In Your Life?

29 posts, 20 members
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
The one that you want to buy everything for? My baby brother's birthday is on Friday and I just bought him a $50 play mat with roads and stuff all over it because I know how much he wants one. I would've bought him other stuff too but I'm pretty low on cash right now. I buy him stuff constantly. 
Rezee
1964 posts
You must be such a great sister to him!
and yep I do x4 little munchkins.  Buying for kid is way more fun, well beauty stuff comespretty close! 
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
I want to buy everyone I love everything cause I would rather see a smile on their face than have something for me.  The one in particular that I buy for besides my son obviously would be my mama.  She is the hippest 51 year old I know so I love shopping for the most far out claothes for her just to see her smile.
Macs
5351 posts
You remind me of my Big sister. She used to buy me stuff, cause theres 13 year age gap. I remember when she got me my first make up. As for answering the question lol my two kids. My girl loves rainbow coloured clothes, art, shopkins and make up like me. My son is car crazy and loves superhero clothes.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I love Shopkins hahahaha I wanted to buy a set today but I couldn't afford it because my brother's mat ended up being so expensive and I needed to get other girly things (that time of the month, ugh). Honestly nothing makes me happier than buying for other people, there are a bunch of ladies here that I would buy stuff for all the time if I could to be honest. 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I love buying things for other people, especially when i know they would be grateful for anything i get them. Thats why i love buying my sister things because she appreciates it, and i can go crazy and buy things without worrying if she will even like it. Really takes the pressure off, even though i still try and find the right thing for her
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I have a few special people thst fit this category firstly ate my kids after this there a few. My love language is gift giving so I love to give gifts and receiving them if course haha.
kirstyj
1732 posts
I don't really have one person. I do like gifting things to people. There is something special about knowing you have the perfect gift for someone. I always try really hard to get the right thing for people... I often don't get it right though, especially with men! Fathers Day coming up is not great for me.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
For people that I know have everything ir when I don't have enough cash at the time I substitute by either making something or curating a bundle out of new things atm makeup of my own....... Most of the time it's about the thought & not the item... usually things I love to use that way I know they'll love it once they use it. :)
MareeB
5244 posts
That's nice TMUA, he's lucky to have you :)  I like buying things for my kids but now they're young aults I have trouble buying things I know they'll like. They actually like it when I give them skin care products!
Macs
5351 posts
Thinking back I've done a few different kinds of gifts. I've done a food parcel, baby shower, make up, clothes, household starter box, spca cat/dog food one given as random acts of kindness.
Kimrose
1419 posts
Enya, your pic is totally gorg!! 
I buy for my ddaughter who is studying at Massey in Palmerston north and I miss her heaps. Her money is tight so every week I send her a package full of good things, like hot water bottle, make up, her favourite biscuits and her favorite soup. It is really fun putting it all together.
You have a lovely kind heart Enya.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I spoil my parents, niece and good friends x Mum gets the most atm
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Kim_rose, that is so cute! I wish my mum did that lol she must love it!

I don't necessarily buy for one person, I really don't enjoy the pressure of buying things for people as I always worry I'll never get it right, but I do love gift giving. I'm forever sending stuff to one of my sisters (the other doesn't do the whole makeup thing) she loves getting packages from me when I have my clear outs. I'm also forever giving things away to friends when they mention they want/need something, if I have it spare, off it goes!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Yep it would have to be my kiddies but I also love buying things for my friends, as I feel so much from doing that than if I was doing it for myself.  I love seeing their faces light up, such a good feeling xx
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
You guys are so sweet <3 This thread makes me so happy :D I did a little package for a BR lady recently of Essence make up and she loved it so much and it just made me so happy like I can't even describe!
Ringy
825 posts
I have a friend in Melbourne - two kids, husband left her and refuses to pay anything (and he dodgies his business earnings to not have to pay much) so I send her bits and pieces all the time- it helps when I see something super cool I want online in Australia but it doesn't have international shipping- I can still buy it and send it to her to indulge in! As well as random grocery orders, beauty boxes, flowers and kids presents - I even have a stash of stuff in my wardrobe so when I go over and visit I'm loaded with goodies. 
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Ringfamily you are so kind.
Lovely thread enya. Shows so many kind hearted people
chikoboo
3402 posts
I used to spoil my brother too growing up and I always put others before me, actually despite all the makeup I buy myself I do feel a tad guilty if I don't buy for the hubby something I know he'd like.  It may only be little things like when I do the weekly shop putting in something that I know he would love to try and so on.  I also love to surprise people, it is one of the biggest pleasures in the world to gift something to someone especially when you know they have been having a rough patch and hope that the little something sent lets them know that they are loved, thought of and maybe give them a little smile,  All the warm fuzzies =)
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I wouldn't say I have one person in particular that I buy things for, but over time things probably my mum would win.
charly
456 posts
Definitely my baby girl. She is 8 months old, but a big 8 months. Kids grow so fast so there's always an excuse to shop for her. Plus kids stuff is SO COOL! I wish my wardrobe was half as stylish as hers!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lol charly aunty trudz needs to buy baby girl some more summer goodies ;)

Can't wait to see her in that jinbei!
charly
456 posts
I know, she's gonna look so cute! Jeff bought her a size 2 dress on Saturday - denim with a fox on it! It's a bit big atm but should fit in time for when she's getting mobile!
Julieal
915 posts
I love buying things for my grandkids -I just love them so much and they are so cool
charly
456 posts
How come kids' stuff is so much cooler than stuff for adults??
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Ah yes. My nephew (also my godson). He is turning one very soon and I will be overseas at the time so will miss his party :( Every time I fly up to visit him, which is often, half of my luggage is stuff for him. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
Well, maybe not everything, but a fair ammount of stuff. I buy and giveaway a lot of beauty stuff to my mom, sisters and friends. My mom has most of her collection from me as well as my friend and sister. They were all stoked with everything and the quality of stuff since I don't gift cheap.
charly
456 posts
I love that too Tannygirl. My sisters are always so happy when I gift them something lovely!
tannygirl
3392 posts
Yes, they like that I did the research and the spending for them. My friend overseas was impressed with the Inika, EOH, BDB and Younique makeup I gifted her. Lasted her all day in the tropics and even her fiance noticed how fresh her makeup looked at the end of day. I tell you those brands are some of the best if you want quality and are willing to invest.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!