Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

NBR- Pokemon go

20 posts, 18 members
alright so it's been all over the news has anyone here downloaded the app, my poor children have only been allowed to play it in the yard so they don't use all my data but it's so funny watching them. We had fish and chips the other night and they had their phone on the counter, another lady ran into the garage and said don't mind me I'm just catching pokemon

have you come across any Pokemon players or are you one of them
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I've heard about it but I haven't seen anything. That is an interesting encounter. 
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Nope and nope. Seriously how do people have the time??

Not a hater, just not able to justify the time suck.
trudijoy
8375 posts
haven't, won't, don't understand it at all. Just totally beyond my realm of comprehension lol
shazatron101
5112 posts
I would rather play the old school way on my gameboy or nintendo DS, personally. The man came home and told me that all the apprentices at his work are focusing on Pokemon rather than their jobs - and people that sell him his electrical equipment have been ignoring customers to play, which I think its just ridiculous. It's a hype that will be forgotten just as fast as it started.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Vaguely tempted as I have a shiny new phone that would actually be able to handle playing it! I reckon it would go through data like nobody's business though. So gonna stick to playing around on Instagram instead. 
Macs
5351 posts
Oh crack up Pokemon made it to beautyreview :D My facebook newsfeed has been going crazy with it. Im usually a gamer and like to give it a try. I remember when flappy bird was out I was terrible at it :0 . I am tempted by it .
MareeB
5239 posts
I'm with you Trudi - zoooom - straight over my head!!!
Head Pixie
569 posts
When it first came out I thought this kid was casing our house. He was just hovering, and looking at his phone, and looking suss. Then saw the young fella and a mate, as well as a whole bunch of other kids all wandering round our local park looking obsessively at their phones - went home, read about it on the news - click. 

I missed the Pokemon craze the first time, and can safely say it'll be passing me by this time too :) xo
Kimrose
1412 posts
So apparently there are Pokemon in the pharmacy I work in and we get kids popping in all the time with their phones, funny watching them.
  I love the fact that it is getting kids out and off the couch, fresh air and excerise.  I do imagine the phone companies are loving the extra data they are selling.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I wonder how the Pokemon get put in these places?

There was a story on the news about a young guy who's quit his job to chase pokemons across the country for the next two months. Part of me thinks good on him getting out and seeing NZ. I just hope he's looking up from his phone and enjoying the scenery. 
MissQT
1547 posts
I don't have it and have never played it. It's a pretty big craze at the moment. I've never really plays the old school version either. I was on the bus home today and two people in front of me were both on their phones playing it.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
It's on my phone.......I have children.......They love it.......And maybe just maybe you might see me on it lol
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Yes I'm curious as to how they decide where to put the Pokemon too. To a non-gamer like me it doesn't make much sense.
Rajvee2588
221 posts
I know Pokemon craze going on. Know some of people they play when they walk, talk, and when they do shopping. Personally I hate and annoying too. I neither bother to look nor play. But now I want. Why people are crazy for that.
Lisa-
79 posts
I wont lie... I'm a little bit hooked! Haha I always loved pokemon, used to watch the tv show and play the games on gameboy as a kid and again on nintendo DS in high school. I dont think i'm as into it as some others but if i have to walk somewhere I will have it open!
Lutece
1849 posts
Its going crazy! Ive seen so many people walking around my neighbourhood (more than usual) holding their phones up while they walk, my household isnt playing it but my daughter has started watching Pokemon since the school holidays started.
I'm torn between playing this and my regular PC games right now. I have 9 eggs that need hatching and one needs 10km so it's going to be a very rare Pokemon inside. Thankfully my gps has been acting stupid so I get a few hundred metres from doing absolutely nothing haha
Artemis
311 posts
I was a huge Pokemon fan back in the day but am going to sit this one out - heaps of reasons why but to be perfectly honest, if I play a game, I just wanna chill and crash in the comfort of my home, not having to run all over town! Looks like a cool game though but my phone can't handle it either so I won't get tempted by it anyway 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Personally I don't get it. Marketing wise it plays a little on childhood memories a sure fire way to get a successful game, most of my coworkers are playing it as they grew up with the tv programme. They all seem to be enjoying it.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!