Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Must Have High End Eyeshadow Palette?

39 posts, 27 members
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Basically I would like to buy one high end palette this year. Got my eye on stuff like the Naked palettes, Lorac Pro etc etc. I trust you ladies with my make up life so please, tell me, if you could only have one high end eyeshadow palette in the whole world, what would it be?
kirstyj
1732 posts
I have all 3 Naked palettes and love them all. I think they are a great high end palette. Just make sure that you do your research before purchasing as you DO NOT need them all. Figure out what colours you like and just get that one (if you like them).
I wouldn't recommend any MAC collections palettes as they can be so hit or miss, it is a product much better to buy in individual pans by them. But can be a cool way to make your own perfect palette.
I just had a look through my collection and they are the only larger high end palettes I own! Would love a Lorac palette though.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Ooooo now that's a tought one! I've got my eye on Smashbox full exposure and their on the rocks palettes, tarte tartlets, too faced semi sweet chocolate bar, Lorac ones too. The most used high end palette I use that I own is too faced chocolate bar and lime crime venus though
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I have my eye on the travel sized Smashbox Full Exposure palette, it's so freakin' gorgeous. Definitely love love love the look of the Too Faced Chocolate bar palette. And I'd say from the Naked palettes the one I'm attracted to the most is Naked 2. I want the Make Up Revolution Iconic palettes as they are dupes for the Naked ones but I would definitely buy one legit one and then buy the other two as Make Up Revolution.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Perfect timing for this thread. Iv also been thinking about which pallete to invest in. At the moment, the too faced chocolate pallete seems to be the leading item, but iv heard good things about some of the Stilla palletes, so i need to do some more research into it. It is really helpful reading the other comments too though! Iv seen the lime crime palletes around so might need to look into them aswell.
Jesse
745 posts
I love my Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette, although I actually use my Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 palette more - I love the colours! It's a dupe for the Naked 3 so I would imagine that being something I would use a lot of. I'm also lusting over the Lorac Pro palette 2 right now, definately on my wish list.
1139 posts
Stila in the Light!!!!!!! This palette does not get talked about enough - it is seriously so underrated!! And it's less expensive than most of the other palettes mentioned here too!
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Yes Elena, thats the Stilla pallete i had heard about!! Just did a google and it looks really pretty
chikoboo
3402 posts
OMG yes!! the Stila in the light palette is delish!! check out reviews on it, also don't forget to see if there is reviews on the other mentioned palettes, take advantage of the information already on the site =) I'm actually wearing the Stila in the light palette today, its super damp, dank, and miserable and I needed something to make my face glow so I got a mix of sunset and kitten and smudged brown liner all around its really nice and cheery  
1139 posts
It's seriously so good. I also own Stila in the Garden which is equally beautiful but it lacks some decent dark shades - in the Light is the perfect all-round palette. Pretty sure I have written reviews on both palettes :)
RC
162 posts
My vote is for Naked 2, not just for the colours and quality (the colours are perfect, I'm a gold lover), but the packaging is quality and closes tightly, good for transporting in the gym bag. But I haven't tried any of the others mentioned, so can't judge for comparison.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
@BadIndieGamer I am lemming the smashbox full exposure travel palette too! I would have bought it already bar the fact that it's $65 NZD here and $22 USD from Sephora but you have to YouShop it :(
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Eeee it's too hard to choose! I own two high end palettes but I don't believe that they're a must have, so I won't mention them, but there are so many that are must haves! Aka, so many that I want.

I am currently lusting after are the Lorac Pro, Too Faced Chocolate Bar, Stila in the light and Kat Von D Monarch. Dreams are free, haha.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I saw a couple of Stila in the Light tutorials on Youtube last night from Kathleenlights and honestly I'm in love with it. Ugh so so so many to choose from.
Rezee
1964 posts
The high end palettes that I have are Chocolate bar, naked 1, lorac pro 2, another urban decay one in purple packaging but I'm not sure of a name and nude'tude by the balm (is that high end or mid-end??).
Naked 1 is totally my fave but I've been using the choc bar palette pretty much every day for the past few weeks and I'm really loving it. The colours are beautiful, and there is a lot so you don't have to stick with the same eye looks plus it has a couple of colours too.
The lorac is my newest and I've only used it once, but the colours are super-pigmented and really nice to use.
What colours do you gravitate towards? If I could only get one highend palette, I would stick to nuetrals like naked1 or 2 or choc bar so you would get lots of use out of it and then use cheaper brands for colours. Wet n wild does really cheap palettes that are really nice to use, or there is chi chi and sleek which are around $20-$30.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I love the Too Faced chocolate bar and Lorac pallets. I use my Too Faced most days. You can create so many looks
Mila
1209 posts
I think some of these really need to be on my wishlist this year.  my eyeshadow game is severly lacking ....
Rezee
1964 posts
Oh and I forgot to say that my next eyeshadow purchase will probably be makeup geek shadows. They say on youtube that they are 'drugstore' prices but they are $7us each so by the time you make up a palette plus convert it nz dollars, they aren't really cheap. the pigmentation on them looks so good and the foiled ones look amazing as well.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I really really love neutral shadows, but I definitely also gravitate towards shimmery bronzes/golds. But then I also love the look of palettes that have pops of colour in them. I honestly have sooo many eyeshadows because they're my favourite part of my make up looks. I feel like there are so many palettes that if I had, I would use more than anything. Like with the Vice 3 palette I thought the green was absolutely gorgeous and wanted it so bad even though I never use green eyeshadow!
melly650
375 posts
If I had to buy one right now I'd choose UD Naked 2. It has the most versatile shades in my opinion. The Stila In The Light is definitely just as pretty!
StayClassy-xo
240 posts
Oh man this forum is dangerous ha I love eyeshadow palettes!  They take the hard work out of finding complementary colours.  I can vouch for the quality and colours in the Naked 1 & 3.  I use them regularly.  Make sure you read up on Naked 2, from what I've gathered it tends to suit cooler skin tones more so I don't think it's for me.  Stila: In The Light has been on my watchlist for a couple of years.  I own the single shade 'kitten' from the palette so I know if the other colours in the set are even half as pigmented and beautiful it'll be a winner.  I also have the 88 Original Palette from Coastal Scents which I don't use as often but I bought to cover all colours for all occasions!  The shadows are lovely and pigmented, and $14.95 USD you're getting a lot of colours for your money.  Their Metal Mania and Warm palette would also do well in my collection I think.  For some reason I've never heard much about the Too Faced Chocolate palette but it's officially been added to my wishlist...scented with real chocolate?! Get outta here :p ! 
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
You definitely came to the right place to ask! As many of the ladies have mentioned, the Chocolate Bar Palette is a beautiful palette that you can create heaps of looks from. As Ellie mentioned, Stila's In the Light Palette is highly underrated and insane quality and I also recommend Lorac's Unzipped palette if you want a rose gold palette. All of these are beautiful. Let us know which one you get!
Rania-alani90
106 posts
Honestly, my sister in law got the nicest shadow palette, although a bit expensive but the Chocolate bar palette from Too faced is incredible :) definitely a must buy!
kirstysays
762 posts
Omg I just can't answer this one haha!  I chop and change between all my palettes so often I love them all equally (It would be like picking a favourite child haha).

All of the Stilla "In the..." palettes are fantastic and as Ellie said In the Light is highly underated and is fantastic quality and value for money too!  

In saying that I love the naked palettes and the too faced chocolate bar palette too :/

Lorac Pro palette one would be one of my suggestions and a top favourite of mine, the shadows are some of the best and it has such a fantastic selection of gorgeous neutrals,  pops of colour and equal matte and shimmer shadows which is much more versatile.

It really depends what type of shadows you wear and what you are looking for in a palette.

You wouldn't likely be dissapointed with any of the palettes suggested in this thread though to be honest, they are all amazeballs!

Cesy
162 posts
It's lovely to know I am not alone in lusting after Full Exposure, only discovered that today, but man I have not wanted something so much for so long.

Would love to get Naked 2 and the Naked Basics (I already have Naked 1), and Lorac Pro 2 has been on my list for a while. 

EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Every time I look at the Full Exposure palette I fall in love all over again! But it's the same with the Chocolate Bar palette and the Naked palettes *sigh*
cushlaH5
178 posts
too faced chocolate bar palette is fab!
tannygirl
3392 posts
Speaking of high end eye shadow palettes. Has anyone who's got any of the Eye of Horus eyeshadow palettes got any feed back? It's about $70 a palette. I've been lusting after them for ages but am trying to pan off my current eye shadow palettes. I'm just wondering how good it is on stayability and being crease-proof.
Lutece
1849 posts
This is an awesome topic! I have started to hit pan in my naked 3 palette and I use it ALOT! It's a perfect palette for medium shade girls, I'm saving up for the tarte matte palette all matte shades :))
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Oh the Tartlette palette looks simply amazing! Naked 3 might not be so great on my fair skin. 
Kellie
570 posts
Argh, I read Ellie's Stila in the Garden review, and now I must have it!!!  But not until after August aka Dad's 60th in Oz.  If only he knew what my love and devotion as a daughter was doing to the makeup economy, heehee :)
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I want the smashbox full exposure and double exposure palettes
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I normally buy singles but this palette business is very tempting, I did have a look at several Stila, Naked, Tarte and Smash box. All looking very tempting especially with the buy now button beside it.
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
I haven't purchased too many palettes but the quality of the Naked 3 is amazing. I personally wouldn't reccomend the Smashbox full exposure if you are only planning on getting one palette.. whilst it looks beautiful in the pan, the colour pay off is terrible. I could only use it with wet brushes and you just can't get the shadows onto the lid as there is no pigmentation. Definitely do lots of searches for swatches, not just the product in the pan xx
1139 posts
Kellie I'm glad that my review worked ;) I can send you some swatches of Stila in the Garden if you like! It's such a gorgeous palette. I've been using it a lot recently and I'm really loving the green and blue colours (even though I used to hate the thought of using green or blue on my eyes). ;)
ChristieMJ
358 posts
I own Too Faced chocolate bar and natural eyes palettes, Lorac mega pro palette, Tarte after dark palette and UD Naked 2. While all are lovely, I would have to say the UD is by FAR my favourite and if I buy another palette I would go for another Naked because the quality and selection surpasses the others.

In saying that, I own the shade 'Kitten' by Stila after deciding I didn't need another whole palette and it is gorgeous, most beautiful shade, so if that is anything to go by then the In The Light palette looks like a great palette too

Shazzaali
45 posts
I would recommend the Naked palettes, although you may not need all of them. If you're looking for something cheaper, the sleek palettes are really good too.
Cesy
162 posts
Acccidentprone_x, I was talking to a girl who does marketing for Smashbox and she told me to wait and also consider Double Exposure (out next week I think she said?). Sooo tempting. 

She also told me she gets Smashbox lipstick for $9.00. I think I turned green at that point.
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I was just going to purchase one for my birthday in April from America and omg that is so cheap. What a lucky lady.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!