Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Mums: what presents do y'all like? [maybe NBR]

20 posts, 12 members
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
All the mums (and everyone else) on here, what sorts of presents do you REALLY want to get? I feel like my present every year is either some sort of hand/foot/nail cream, moisturiser, chocolate, necklace or the like. What's the best present you've gotten without asking for it? What's a good fail-proof but not cliched present? Beauty related or not!

Uhh totally asking for a friend!
MareeB
5239 posts
I always like perfumed things like bath/shower products, talcum  powder and perfume. My sons often buy books or DVds that they know I'll like. I'm an avid reader so I drop a few hints that way sometimes.
Ringy
825 posts
I've never recieved anything I actually like without dropping mega hints. I've got lots of total surprise presents and let's just say I'm a good actor! 
Beauty88
29 posts
Perfume
Imoshen
461 posts
Mum's I know love photos of their kids and grandkids in beautiful frames, blocks or canvas.  Just don't go overboard and get them a calendar every year with "special" photos of them in it, that gets a bit much :).
Macs
5351 posts
I love to get slippers, robe, perfume, Lush  and Make up :D for presents.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Ahh yes I was big on the photo frame/album thing when I was a kid, they were cheap and super easy to put together. Probably half the photoframes in the house are from me lol. I did gift a perfume last year but I don't think she liked it as it still looks pretty full. And my mum never drops hints on anything, so it was a mega gamble buying perfume.
trudijoy
8375 posts
i usually get my mum clothes, makeup, pretty flowering potplants and food/drink treats. Usually it's things she wouldn't buy herself but i think she'd like; for Xmas I got her a makeup storage unit that spins so that her things weren't scattered all over the place and were easy to see and access. I've also introduced her to beauty blenders, Sephora and any one of a number of other things.

She seems to like my choices :)
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Oh pot plants seem cute! That gives me the idea of maybe like a mini row of herbs in cute pots? Like coriander and parsley and rosemary and stuff.
JessB
219 posts
Cute herb garden idea - they really are so useful! I love getting bath bombs and basically any Lush products. I also really enjoy reading, and there are particular series I read once or twice a year but I don't own them, so getting any of them is great.  
JessB
219 posts
Oh and as for purchasing for my mum: beauty products can be a real hit and miss for her, because other than hand lotions she's not so worried about that kind of thing. Unless there's a special lipstick she wants, or a specific face cream she's seen. Books are always good, date gift card things for her and my dad are always appreciated. 
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Date card things @JessB? Like a restaurant booking? 
JessB
219 posts
Yeah, like restraunt bookings or vouchers off deal sites. I use GrabOne and GroupOn, that way they have (I think) 90 days to make a booking for a dinner or activity that lines up with their schedules. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
mini herb garden would be awesome for a mum who likes cooking! don't buy the 'plants' in the supermarket though, they never survive. Better to just get them at a garden centre and plant them in something like vege soil
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
As a Mum of 3, if someone were to get a present, it wouldn't be an actual physical present, it would be something that is done for me. Breakfast in bed or a nice hot coffee, dinner made for me or heck takeaways as long as I don't have to cook ha ha ha.  Someone to draw me a bath and put Lush bath bombs in it. Then a nice massage, roaring fire and being surrounded by my family, playing games oh and of course chocolate ha ha ha. The perfect gift.

But if you are looking at physical gifts, then definitely a pamper package or a nice gift basket with all their favourite things - favourite chocolate, favourite lollies, favourite coffee, favourite chips etc.  Maybe add in a homemade voucher book for IOU's in the future.  IOU Massage, IOU Dishes done for the day, IOU Dinner cooked etc.

Sorry for the babble lol
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Mumof3 the diy voucher book would be really cute! But sadly I don't see my mum everyday so she'd have to cash them all at once when I visit lol. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Maybe you could do a Mum and Daughter day where you get to pamper her? Maybe take her out for breakfast/lunch/dinner and just spend some quality time with her.  Then you can give her the voucher booklet as an IOU for when you see her next he he he x

I don't get to see my Mum that often either and we are in the same town ha ha ha, but we are planning to have a day together soon.  We are going to go out for lunch and then go secondhand shopping as we both love to do that and pick up some wee bargains.  Then I'm going to head out to her place, we're going to cook dinner together, maybe watch a movie and have a couple of drinks and just have a really good catch up.  Can't wait lol.

Hope you find something lovely to give her or do with her x
Emily-jane
314 posts
It can be tricky to buy gifts. I love receiving gifts that I usually wouldn't buy for myself. Spa treatments, scented candles or aromatherapy stuff. Make up is always nice too or a meal out somewhere nice. I love the herb garden idea.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I'd personally love socks or a voucher (in store or online) for bras and gruts. The latter is one thing I'm always saying "oh man I need more of these" but I never do anything about it. Other gifts I would enjoy is chocolate, scratchies and gardening supplies like dirt or seeds. Or again, a voucher so I can buy my own supplies! :-P

The best present I ever did get was my stand mixer, though. Oh lawdy I love it.
Kimrose
1412 posts
My kids usually get me a gift card for a massage or pedicure, I actually have one to use from mothers day, Husband will get me something sparkly.  I love to give gifts that I know they will either use, or that I know they really want.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!