Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Most Favourite Beauty Review Trial Product

33 posts, 26 members
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I have just placed a couple of product reviews and it got me thinking about what my absolute favourite trial product was.  I've been lucky to trial a few products now but one that I have trialled that really stands out for me and has done amazing things for my skin would have to be the most recent one - A'kin Rosehip Oil with Vitamin C.  I am just totally in love and am thinking perhaps I should trial their other products in the range. Sadly I only have a couple more uses before it is gone and will definitely be repurchasing just as soon as the kids and Mum's birthday are done and dusted lol.

So what has been your most favourite trial product and why? Perhaps you now use it on a daily basis......
Koni
444 posts
Thank goodness for the "My Reviews" page because I was struggling to remember what I had trialled!  My favourite as well is the A'Kin Brightening Rosehip Oil with Vitamin C. I will always hate the smell but I'm happy to put up with it because there is a huge improvement in my overall skintone. I never would have tried this out if it wasn't for BR so thank you!!

Macs
5351 posts
My favourite was Reversaderm Skincare system. I wouldn't be able to buy that kind of skincare outright or repurchase. The Scholl Pedi coming in a close 2nd . 
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Mine is the Radiance ageless beauty collagen caps. Really made a huge difference for me and is something I have repurchased.
MareeB
5241 posts
Oooh, I didn't get on the Radiance Ageless beauty trial Lisa, but I've gotten them from the vault several times, and I really like them too! I was hoping there might be some in the vault this time, fingers crossed :)
JessB
219 posts
I absolutely love the Sub24 trio. It has made the biggest difference to my skin in the long run - if I hadn't already given it five stars I would now. Originally when I reveiwed the cleanser it wasn't my favourite product in the trio, but it is now. I've completely run out! :( :( 
kirstyj
1732 posts
Mine would have to be the wild ferns eye cream that I got as part of a trip of products recently. Adore a thick eye cream. Makes me feel like it is actually doing something.
Qweenkaren
313 posts
this is a great question, so I took a trip down memory land to look at my reviews and wonder if I could remember my first Trial review - pretty sure it was a foundation & I have been so lucky to have been able to trial 3 foundations over the few years I have been on here.

Foundation is a product I find very hard to step outside my normal products and see how others perform, so getting to trial them without the cost has been fantastic!

I say this as I have just accepted a trial which will probably become my favourite - so excited to be on the Sally Hansen trial, I keep eyeing them up on the Farmers website, but cant fit them into my budget at the moment.

itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Probably the max factor foundation because it introduced me to a fabulous product I probably wouldn't have brought otherwise. The Sub 24 and Rosehip trials would also rate highly in terms of their effect on my skin.
MareeB
5241 posts
It's a hard question, because I've been lucky and gotten some great trials. The Scholl nail care system was pretty awesome, but due to having a life long love for Max Factor, I'll have to choose the Max Factor foundation and primer.

Great thread - it makes me remember all the fabulous opportunities I've been lucky enough to have been given xx
tannygirl
3392 posts
     I really liked the Clinicians Rejuvenate that I got to trial last year. I take it every day. Another trial I enjoyed that sits on my table is the Lakoko balm, it got me into using balms for red post shower blotches so I don't feel all itchy when I sleep. I'm glad that it was included in the Best of Summer Beauty Box. 
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Just went and read some reviews for the sub24 and I'm intruigued! I've never seen them at farmers or life pharmacy though, maybe I'll have to go take a look next time I'm shopping.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I am excited to be on it too queenkaren. Just happened to check my emails at smoko and boy I am stoked I did. BR you rock :-)
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
This is such a good question. I remeber being selected for the Maybelline Nude palette and I was super excited because I'd never tried an eyeshadow palette before (to this day, I struggle to part with it).
My fave would be the Dr Lewins Reversaderm complete system. This skin care saved my skin! I'll forever be thankful to be chosen for that trial.

Thanks BR for the awesome opportunities we are given!
Ringy
825 posts
I loved the yellow diamonds supplement tablets- they are a bit pricey to get regularly but I feel really good when I do take them. I definitely think I need them at the moment - feeling so blah!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I loved all the trials I was chosen for, regardless of the fact some didn't love me, but none of them really stood out for me sadly. If we were talking about vault products though, there are some definite stand outs!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Hands down the Vidal Sassoon hairdryer. I'm always grateful for trials ( haven't had one since I was selected for the panel; was hoping for a few but it happens! :) ) and like shaz some haven't worked for me but I'm always stoked to get the offer.
Kimrose
1416 posts
One of my favourite products I trialed was the Loreal Paris Elvive Arginine Resist Shampoo and Conditioner. It really did what it says which is to reduce hair fall.  I have recommended it at work to many customers as well and have had great feedback. 

We are so lucky having Beauty Review xx
Head Pixie
569 posts
Love this thread - reminds me of how many cool products we've had the opportunity to introduce to you wonderful ladies! 

We had a marvellous response to the review panel - and we've now over 2000 fantastic reviewers in the system who are on the radar for reviews, so it may take a little longer than previous for names to come up for trials. As always, people are chosen based on their preferences matching the product - but the pool has grown substantially. 

Now if only you knew what we knew about future trials... so many goodies coming your way!

Julieal
915 posts
De Winns reversaderm treatment as really great to recieve and awesome products. Expensive but really did wonders for my skin
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
I have loved every trial 
as it opened me up to trying new products that I would not have even looked at 
also to give them a good go because a little perseverance has made a bit of a difference other wise I'll try stop if I don't like it then go back down the track and if I still didn't like it that would be that 
-Bex-
611 posts
What an awesome thread!! I've been so lucky to trial some amazing products over the years. Candy lipz, Reversaderm, Akin rosehip oil. I loved the Clinique chubby stick from a save or splurge trial. I have been introduced to some awesome products I wouldn't normally buy.

I still remember my very first trial which was the Pantene 3 minute miracle hair treatment, almost 5 years ago!! 

I love reading reviews on trial products, we are pretty spoilt. 
MareeB
5241 posts
My first product was  Za True White Cleansing Foam. I was sooo excited! I'd never even heard of Za before that, and I love it now. And my second was Pacific Goddess solid perfume - mmmmmm.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I agree all the trials have been really great for me, especially letting me try brands I'd never heard of before. My absolute favourite is probably the loreal cushion foundation, because it's opened up the world of cushion foundation for me and now I love cushion foundations! 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
He he he I actually couldn't remember what my first trial product was so used the My Reviews page to go and find it - Neutrogena Naturals Facial Cleanser - loved it but sadly cannot use it anymore due to my annoying skin grrrr.
MissQT
1547 posts
I think my favourite product trial was the max factor foundation trial. I've never used a would to liquid foundation before and I really like it. I was hoping I would be lucky enough to get on the Sally Hansen nail polish trial but I didn't get an invite. I looks forward to reading those reviews and if it sounds good I might have to go and buy them.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I've had a few fabulous trials, but I remember my first ever Trial product was Camille Co. Blackcurrant & Vanilla luxury soap. I'd never heard of them before, but after that trial I bought and tried two more of their soaps, Warm Amber & Peach and Cape Gooseberry & Musk. My favourite is the Warm Amber & Peach. Thanks, BR, for introducing me to this brand! 

My strangest trial was the Crea Clip. I still have it and hubby still uses it to cut my hair. 
BeautyGirl
162 posts
=14pxMy most favourite beauty review trial product would have to be the Sigma Spa Express Brush Cleaning Glove!! love it
Chaotic82
522 posts
The Lansonn Salt Scrub was pretty awesome.  The first time I used a salt scrub, would use it again but the price tag is a little high for me.  Love getting to try things I might never be able to otherwise.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
My first ever trial I received was the loreal eyeshadow crayon stick it was a good trial and so soon into signing up. The one I enjoyed would be the loreal age defying face cream. It was a gokid size pottle and did expose to the world of thick cremes foe night time use
JessB
219 posts
It's so amazing to read how happy and grateful everyone is! My first trial product was the Artiste foundation brush - and I still use it!  Thank you very much BR for making all of this happen :) :) :) 
trudijoy
8375 posts
good to have clarified kellie - that's slightly different to what I had thought was happening based on what had been said so good to know I guess.

Side note - there are two ads on the side for the max factor lippy trial. One goes to my profile when I click it and the other to the info on trial teams, but i can't actually find a place to comment/put my hand up etc?
ree_nz
247 posts
Even though the trial isn't over yet, my favourite has to be the current Sally Hansen Colour Therapy trial! I really wanted to try this as my nails are terrible (break easy, ridgey beyond belief and peel) and I almost went out to buy some myself. Luckily I got on as a part of this trial! The colours I got aren't something I would choose for myself normally which I think is a good thing as it makes me step outside my beauty comfort zone - and turns out the colours aren't as bad on me as I thought! Would never have picked these colours if it wasn't a trial team - now I want to go out and buy more!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!