Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Mineral Foundation Tip

14 posts, 8 members
Mila
1209 posts
Just a wee tip I got from watching some tutorials last night.

I am in the market for a new mineral makeup and really want to try the new Jane Iredale one so thought i'd jump on you tube and have a look (after checking here first naturally) along the way discovered a different technique of applying mineral makeup. 

I have always used a big khabuki brush (which I absolutely love) and buffed in circular motions but a few of the reviews on there actually tapped some of the product into the lid and then swiped it on and buffed it in with a foundation brush and sort of just buffed it back and forth a bit like you would a normal liquid foundation.  Then took a small brush and used a small amount on concentrated areas like under eye circles and spots etc.

I gave this a whirl this morning and the finish is amazing, its alot more natural and it doesnt sit in any creases or lines. 

I wish I had looked this up sooner !. 
BeautyCutie
130 posts
That's so interesting! Thanks for the tip, must give this a try
Susilia
484 posts
Thanks, I will give this a go!!!:)p.s. are you from Germany, Mila?:)
Mila
1209 posts
No im from little old Auckland :) - what made you ask that ? :)
Susilia
484 posts
Just the way you used the word naturally was very german-like.:) Can't really explain though, sorry for bothering u.:)
Mila
1209 posts
ha ha no bother at all :)
Mila
1209 posts
ha ha no bother at all :)
MicheleC
419 posts
Are you able to put up the links to the tutorials please?
Mila
1209 posts
Unfortunately Im a little challenged in this regard ! Not sure how to attach links ?!  If you could steer me in the right direction I'll glady link them here :)
Katee-xo
16 posts
thankyou for the tip, i am going to try this tomorow with my foundation , i use inika mineral foundation and swear by it , it is amazing with great coverage! also another amazing mineral foundation is youngblood :) check them out , these are my top favourites xx and they both give amazing coverage , which is often hard to find in mineral foundation x
MissQT
1547 posts
Thanks for the tip. I always buff mine in with a buffing brush too, will have to try your suggestion.
Mila
1209 posts
Thanks so much Katee ! :) - I might actually give the Inka minerals a go, I absolutely love the antipodes one I have now but I always want to find new and better ones thanks for the recommendation x
kirstysays
762 posts
Thanks for sharing will have to go this a go :)
margy
4 posts
Interesting..will give it a go :) Thanks for the tip

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!