Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Micropigmentation... booked!

18 posts, 7 members
MrsRosie
214 posts
I finally took the plunge, saved the dosh and booked in for micropigmentation for on my (fair and thin) eyebrows. Im a little nervous, but super excited too. Will have feedback in April!

Have any of you lovelies had micropigmentation, and have any snippets from your experience?
Macs
5351 posts
Hey Mrs Rosie, 

I haven't tried this before. I ended up joining a group on facebook of people who do various treatments professionally.  I dunno how I stumbled across it but that's how I learned about Fibroblast treatment.

It was there that I discovered this treatment your having and many others. I'm fascinated by it.

Oh I hope to see some before and after pics. Pretty please lol
swamphen
73 posts
Well done saving the dosh it certainly is an investment! Would love to see pics of treatment. Good luck
MareeB
5241 posts
Oh that's exciting, good for you! I can't wait to hear how it goes!!

I'm trying to lose weight (with varying degrees of success) and  have promised myself I'll get dermaneedling when I reach my goal weight. I'm utterly terrified, but weight loss does horrible things to mature skin, so needs must...10 long kilos to go....
MareeB
5241 posts
What's fibroblast Macs?
Macs
5351 posts
Morning Maree, 

A fibroblast treatment is similar to botox but instead your using active stem cells to produce collagen in fine lines and wrinkles. I'm trying to find out more about it . I'm keen about trying it. 

This treatment that Rosie's getting looks awesome when it's done right. I have seen some blunders on it before. I think it can't go wrong if your going a light shade aye. 

Macs
5351 posts
Derma kneeling. Never heard of that treatment before. I might look into that. Well done on your weightloss.

I got heaps of lines on my forehead and under eyes. It hasn't been easy watching my partner and children enjoy Mc Donald's, Kfc, fish and chips lol But I've managed to stay hard. 
Julieal
915 posts
Good on you MrsRosie !! You do look like you have awesome eyebrows already though. Love to see the after photos
Imoshen
461 posts
I've done a bit of research on dermaneedling and dermrolling.  Not many places in Auckland seem to do the dermaneedling though which is the one I would prefer to try.

Check out this vid for dermaneedling.  The results look amazing.

Derma rolling is a bit of a contentious issue.  It looks like some kind of torture device full of little needles (you can get different sizes) that you roll over your skin with the theory being that the skin loves to heal itself and when you prick the skin you trick the brain into thinking it needs healing.  

Think of it like accupuncture where it encourages healing.

I read a thread here from about 2014 where people have used the roller and had good results with it but haven't seen it widely discussed here.

kirstyj
1732 posts
Exciting MrsRosie!!! A friend has had it done and loves it. My beauty therapist does it but I've started getting my brows tinted and I'm quite happy with the results of that for now.
MareeB
5241 posts
It sounds interesting Macs, I'd be keen to learn more about it too - maybe it'd be better for me than dermaneedling. A facelift would be ideal, but unlikely!

MrsRosie
214 posts
Of course ladies! before and after photos will be a must, so ill def pop some up on the photo wall, but wont be until April :)  
There are so many different types of 'tattoo' treatments for brows, and I too have seen some shockers.It was hard choosing what clinic and treatment to go with. My mother in law just had micro-blading done in Dunedin on her brows and it looks fab on her, but I will stick to what Ive researched.(remember Crystal from the bachelor she got hers done where Im going lol)

My brows in my profile picture are all pencil and drawn on, without makeup they are as thin and fair as can be (Joys of being a 90's kid - Plucked them all off *sob*) 

I would enjoy facial treatments too, especially for my red damaged skin, Caci clinic seems to have some good deals going at the moment...might be next on my list. Im so not ready to get older haha!
MrsRosie
214 posts
Good on you MareeB, it's such a good way to stick to your goals when you have a reward (like that!) at the end. Ive often done that and it is so much more rewarding. Good luck at smashing your goals - Im sure you can do it!  xox
MrsRosie
214 posts
Macs, Ive never heard of Fibroblast - Im so intrigued!
Macs
5351 posts
Yay I can't wait to see. Yeah well if I hit my goal weight this year, Ithink I'll indulge in a treatment. Just not sure which one yet.
MareeB
5241 posts
Thanks MrsRosie :)

I have seen some eyebrows done too dark and that doesn't look good. I don't know how they test the shade but it's sure important to get it right! Or do they start dark and soften over time?
MrsRosie
214 posts
Sorry MareeB I thought I had replied! 

Where I'm going they have around 3000 different shades of colour to use, so in the consult they talk and discuss which is right/suits you. They initally go 2-3 shades lighter as everyone holds pigmentation differently.The first week they will look darker and more precise and then the second week once it has flaked and healed it will fade significantly.
You then go back between 4-12 weeks later for the final consult and get a top-up which then can determine the exact colour desired.

I start a new job a couple of weeks before I go, hopefully when I come back they dont look to intense... *nervous laughter*
MareeB
5241 posts
Thanks MrsRosie - it sounds like they take a lot of care then. Good luck, I'm sure it'll turn out great :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!