Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

20 posts, 17 members
MissQT
1547 posts
Just saw this ons tuff saying that new wold, pak n save and four square stores won't be selling any products with microbeads. I think this is awesome! I threw out all my exfoliators and scrubs with microbeads in it a couple of months ago. Here's the article.
siouxsannah
261 posts
Yeah, I heard that on the radio. I think it is great news. Lovely that large companies like that are being eco-conscious.
MareeB
5241 posts
Nice one! it gives me faith that big companies want to do the right thing :)
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I think our supermarkets are actually leading the way for businesses environmentally. This is great to hear, so was the plastic recycling they started to offer a few months ago (not sure if that's throughout NZ yet).
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I saw on Facebook that New world's going to run this promo thing where if you bring in a product like a facewash or something that contains microbeads, they'll give you a free facewash. Think it was by essano or something. I think it's super awesome of them to do that, and I recall having this microbead scrub somewhere in my cupboard so perfect opportunity to get rid of it!
Julieal
915 posts
I think our supermarket have upped the anti in so many ways with social consciousness -They are now selling ugly fruit ( would have been rejected for shape etc) and also I know Pak n save in Tauranga  is giving short dated food to the food banks  -Really awesome stuff.
Macs
5351 posts
I saw it on facebook too. It's a good idea
SandyGedge
394 posts
It's great to see positive changes
MissQT
1547 posts
yeah just saw that on fb too charmy kitty. Too bad I already chucked mine out!
Kimrose
1416 posts
This is such a great thing, just imagine if they did this with all products that have been proved to be bad!
trudijoy
8375 posts
i like that the stores are taking responsibility for this. I'm too busy and honestly don't care enough to look into alllllll the things we're 'not supposed to' support. If the stores are taking that need to read and research away from me I'm all for it.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
That's really awesome to see! I saw an article on Facebook about it but didn't get around to reading it. I hope everyone gets on board and stops selling the products with Microbeads in them too
ragingfrog
1289 posts
The removal of microbeads can't come soon enough. There were a few products that I had wanted to try but with the beads I just refused to buy them. Voting with the dollar.
That's so great of the supermarkets to do that!  Would be awesome if we can prevent microbead products entering NZ at all!
Julieal
915 posts
We can all help by not buying products with micro beads and not point using if they are not being sold.
Ngahew
152 posts
Microbeads in products was one of the biggest cons! They never did didlysquat and polite our oceans. Such a great move to have them removed from supermarkets, I only hope everyone follows suit. But yes, we vote with our dollar so stop purchasing
Ngahew
152 posts
That was meant to be *pollute*... :)
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
This is really fantastic. About time!
JessB
219 posts
Really love to see this! Here in NZ we have a "clean & green" image that we should be working hard to keep.  This is a step in the right direction for sure. 
Beauty88
29 posts
Nice one!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!