Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Meet and Greet

129 posts, 51 members
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
So I had the pleasure of meeting a BR babe Shazatron (I think that's your BR name lovely lol) today on my lunch break!  I was so nervous but so excited.  Despite my shyness you made it easy to talk and you are so awesome besides you enabling a candy addiction in the local candy store hehe!!!  So it got me to thinking.....would any Taranaki BR babes or any BR babes really be willing to have a meet and greet in a casual setting?  I'd love to meet more locals on the website!!
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I was wondering the same thing today about Auckland! Good timing. It'll be interesting to see what the outcome is :)
MareeB
5239 posts
That's really cool! I saw KirstyP at Countdown one day but I didn't say anything cos I thought she'd think I'm a twit :) Funny, it's like seeing a celebrity!!
Kimrose
1412 posts
It would be awesome to meet fellow Beauty Reviewers, I sometimes wonder if I have served anyone already as I have worked in retail for ages! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I'm AKL Amanda Jane :)
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I'd love to meet some of you here in Auckland!
trudijoy
8375 posts
OK now I'm tempted to start a BR meetup group hehe
shazatron101
5112 posts
Bawwwwwww I'm blushing Shana haha you're the sweetest! I wouldn't have thought you were shy either, with the way we just jumped into conversation like we did :P also, the way your eyes lit up at the mention of the candy store, you enabled yourself mwahahaha (its a pretty great candy store though so I will take the blame :P) Best lunch date with an internet friend EVER!! And I won $15 on a scratchie haha it was destined to be an awesome day!
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Oh we could do it - I wish there was a 'like' button on the forums :)

I was thinking this morning about a Meetup group. I'd be happy to help get it organised but probably talking to the team here would be a good thing first. What do ya think? Hmm I'm being too brave maybe lol
trudijoy
8375 posts
I already co-organise a meetup group but I would be okay with helping with another...there *is* a small fee per annum I believe.

I def think we should check with the site first. They even may wanna meet up for a drink or something!
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
If someone can get a meet up organized I would LOVE to go!
trudijoy
8375 posts
or we could do it as a closed FB group with an admin or 2 or 3 for each region?
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Yeah I was thinking that too - so I just emailed BR Natalie and sent her the link to this thread. Hope I'm not getting above myself here though. I'm a very nervy person in reality. It's easy to get brave behind a screen lol
AmandaJane
1147 posts
FB is an interesting thought too but it might turn into a lot of work for them and be a bit hard to contain lol

Edited to add - yeah a closed group could definately work better. I'm used to admin on forums etc, been doing it for years and I would be happy to help out :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
nah wouldn't expect the BR team to maintain that. I run another national FB closed group page; it's not that hard to set up
AmandaJane
1147 posts
We're cross posting I think. I'll pull my head in for a bit hah.
1139 posts
I've had a meet up with a couple of BR members in Christchurch! It was so awesome seeing people in person - even though I knew what they looked like, it was a little surreal seeing them sitting next to me after chatting to them online for so long. Was really fun though :)
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I'm also a Taranaki girl and I'm currently located in Eltham. I would also be nervous but all the ladies on this site are lovely. If you were to make a group try to make sure that it is private and also that people have to be accepted because you don't want any creepy men on the site especially if you planning on doing meet ups. Also, if someone does make a page it would be lovely if you could create a new thread with a link so if others wanna join they can.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Yeah too true. I agree with all you said there. It's good to see how this thread is panning out, as it were.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
I have been lucky enough to meet some of the babes from here in both Christchurch and Auckland and it was a blast. It was so much fun meeting ladies you talk to regularly, and everyone was awesome and sooo gorgeous irl. Meetups are awesome. 
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I've met a few from here In dunedin. When I was in hospital I had girls from here popping in to see me. It was amazing!! They even brought in wee hospital essentials. Even my real "normal" friends didn't come in.
It's blossomed into amazing friendships now. Even tho I live hours away from some. Heck one BR lady even sent me flowers!!
trudijoy
8375 posts
farmers-wife didn't realise you were down there! I lived in Dunedin 6 years and oh my GOD do I miss it!
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Wellington sounds like an ideal mid point for everyone ;) haha, no one seems to live here!
chikoboo
3402 posts
I've been to a few meetups even did a Christmas dinner one for some of us.....shopping and food. But I don't want to pee on anyone's parade but there was a bra group set up but due to br new social aspect on the new site coming up the fb group isn't br connected anymore so that it can be done within the br site safely. I think if we all wait a few months for the roll-out before exposing personal details on fb. I'm all for meet ups that are fab.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I've seen reference to a BR facebook group before but when people have asked about it it hasn't really been answered chikoboo - I just thought it was a private thing that newer people weren't part of. . .
That was the impression anyway.

ETA if i'm wrong, great :)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Trudi yip most of my life I was around dunedin. Down by balclutha now on a farm. Did u go to uni there or t col whatever it's called?
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I'd do a meet up in Auckland
trudijoy
8375 posts
@ farmers-wife nah taught for the first 6 years of my career down there (2005-2010) :)
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Ohh there we go, questions answered. I didn't realise there was a new social aspect coming up on the site, I'll pull my head in now for sure lol :)
chikoboo
3402 posts
Nope Trudi it was open to everyone but because it had people's address details on file for raok and secret santa I kept it secret to keep those creepy types away. I didn't reply on here as I felt it was against the forum rules in self promoting a group and was planning and getting as many br members to get into that group who wanted too once the new br site is working which supposedly will have more freedom to contact br members :)
shopaholic
24 posts
Ooh even though I haven't posted much on here, I love meet ups. I'm a Welly girl. :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
@chikoboo fair enough in some ways but for those of us not privy to info about (and therefore left out of) stuff like secret santa etc it comes off a little differently...

Hopefully with the new site *all* people who want to be included in things like this (which sound awesome) can be :)

ETA I'm not trying to stir up trouble here - genuinely good idea and I'm just trying to get across that it's cool and like many I want in, but everything I write looks slightly pissy atm coz I had a bad morning and I'm tired now
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Trudi can I ask what school? Primary or secondary? Don't answer if it's weird. I had kiddies going to school there as well :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
FW without being too obvious, BHS on the edge of the peninsula in Andy Bay
chikoboo
3402 posts
It was a big hurdle to balance both sides and the only way we could add people was via fb or IG contact which is what we were doing if people put their details in the footer of their signature on the posts. I always try to abide by forums rules
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Hahaha I went there! Owned a house in Waverley. Also lived in Andy bay
trudijoy
8375 posts
FW (post #900 go you lol) I lived in Andy Bay, Mornington, Waverley, Kenmure, City Rise and on the Peninsula over the 6 years. If I went back I'd wanna live in Saint Clair :D And I wanna go back <3
1139 posts
All you Auckland girls should come to Christchurch. We have lots of empty lots and half destroyed buildings to look at if you're keen ;)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Elena I looooove Chch
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Yay shopaholic! Glad to know I'm not alone haha we can just have our own 2 person meet up x
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Oops, I'm sorry, I didn't see it as self promoting. I thought it was a nice idea for all of us that were or are interested :)
Macs
5351 posts
I'd love to meet up with someone one day.
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
I'm welly, too - well Kapiti but close enough lol.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Wahoo thanks trudi. I didn't even notice,
Ellie I wanna come! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
makes sense chikoboo - I can't put my details in my footer because of my job and not wanting people to have access to private info (like my IG which has pics of my life and things that might be considered bad for my professional image in the wrong hands...)
trudijoy
8375 posts
accidental double post ....

..which I will now use to float the idea of a BR girls Lush pamper party haha
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Ksjc - Kapiti certainly counts! The Welly group is growing by the minute :) 
sam_clarkson
205 posts
so keen for something like this would be amazing, im in shakey ol chch
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
I've had the pleasure of meeting a couple of the BR ladies and beautiful people 
just so lovely x
Chaotic82
522 posts
I am painfully shy, but still be keen to sit in the corner and stare at how beautiful everyone is  ;)  haha

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!