Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

MECCA MAXIMAS EVERYWHERE!

49 posts, 14 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
Well just in Auckland intitially, in ONE MONTH! BUTTTTTTTTTTT the IG post they shared says they have lots more stores planned for NZ. I can't waiiiiiiit.

My money's still on one opening in the Sylvia Park expansion or the new Britomart mall expansion. but anywhere is good! I love Sephora but I love MM even more <3
Kimrose
1416 posts
We are pretty lucky in Auckland Trudi, aren't we?  All the options out there for us, hopefully they will be opening throughout the country so everyone can shop like we do!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Wellington and Chch got them first ;)
trudijoy
8375 posts
Wellington and Chch got them first ;)
Kimrose
1416 posts
Hehe, opps! Lucky them :]
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Mecca is great for christchurch since we don't have a sephora here. There's ballantynes and farmers which carry quite a few high end brands but you don't see the likes of too faced or urban decay. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
There aren't any Sephora stores in NZ (and they don't carry UD and TF anyway, at least in Aussie and the NZ online store) but..... I def agree that it was great to see a store like MM go into Chch :)
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Oh really? I thought there'd be a physical store in Auckland or Wellington (where everything seems to be) that would carry a full range of products. Well at least I'm not missing out on anything then!  
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I saw this on IG so awesome to see the beauty industry growing in NZ.
Macs
5351 posts
Im trying not to look because I really want to pan things before I buy again. It's so awesome that we have more beauty stores in nz.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I've spent a fair bit of time in the Wellington Mecca. It's been nice to be able to buy Urban Decay and Too Faced in store.
trudijoy
8375 posts
It'll be on Queen Street - not surprising :) That puts it up around about where Farmers, TopShop etc are
Mecca Maxima Auckland

Can't WAIT!  No more Soap & Glory in the luggage haha I can go down the road <3
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Ooooh I wonder how it will compare to the Wellington store? I love how competitive the prices are here compared to Australia and even the States so really no need to stock up overseas now (although we don't get the full range here)

l've added Mecca to the list of places I get a little something from each time a go into Wellington (along with Lush and T2) I'm enjoying trying new things and I'm determined to get a beauty loop box in the next year!
trudijoy
8375 posts
loop boxes are amazing soozie <3 can't wait to be able to get them in NZ and not have to luck into the Oz timing (although i've done that twice recently).

Eventually Aus and NZ points will count for the same account like Sephora does, but it hasn't happened yet
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I've worked out I just need to spend an average of $30 a month in there to qualify for a beauty loop box in one year! I'm obsessed with the minis bar so easy enough to do. And so far I've managed to just buy things I've run out of like cleanser, pressed powder etc so not actually adding to my stash (not in my mind anyway lol)
trudijoy
8375 posts
yep the minis, plus soap and glory and the odd UD/TF/Frank product; easy!
MissQT
1547 posts
I love the mini's! They have such a good range. I also love the soap and glory products. The body butter is my fave.
Macs
5351 posts
I've been having this inner fight about going tommorow, but I've decided to sit it out . Maybe go when the craze dies down.
Imoshen
461 posts
Macs you should go!  You might get some awesome deals on stuff you have been wanting to buy or try.

Take a list with you so you aren't pressured into buying anything on the whim.
Macs
5351 posts
I have money put aside for it lol I'll keep building on it and do a mega big blow out there . I'm tempted 
trudijoy
8375 posts
drove past half an hour ago and the lines still two blocks long, but they're doing giveaways and GWP. If I didn't have work to do I'd have stopped but.....

I'll go at the weekend, I think
trudijoy
8375 posts
argh Auckland ladies you HAVE to go check out Mecca Maxima! The line actually moved pretty quick today and although it was chaos inside it was all pretty happy chaos! They're still pretty well stocked and they have literally EVERYTHING I normally buy in Mecca Maxima just readily available and priced pretty much the same as Australia.

I went in for my HG foundation and picked up a few treats/restocks as well, and picked up a Beauty Loop box (I'm eligible in Australia but not NZ, so the chick I spoke with hooked me up <3)

It's also next door to Lush, (and close to Topshop and other lovely places) so def worth a look.

Can't wait for the crowds to get over the novelty so you can spend longer browsing - word has it the girls working there are all mid-qualification in artistry and you'll be able to get your makeup done there in future as well.

SO PLEASED I made the effort today - well worth it.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Great customer service at Mecca Maxima today! The powder I bought last week, which I was colour matched for instore, was way too dark when I used it at home (I suspect the sales assistant picked the wrong one up off the shelf) They happily exchanged it for me for the right shade, as I'd only used it a couple of times. I don't think many of us take make up items back when they are wrong for us as we assume we can't (and not all stores will do it)

So happy customer who then went and spent twice as much money again, lol. Gotta get on that beauty loop soon!
Macs
5351 posts
Oh that Beauty Loop sounds cool. If you get on it , let me know what it's like soozie.
Julieal
915 posts
Great I am up in Auckland next week so will be worth a look.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I'm almost half way there Macs and it's only been open three months lol. There's always something new to try in there. And I'm mostly buying things I've run out of too, not stuff I already have multiples of. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
I've been on beauty loop for a couple of years. The boxes are always pretty epic and easy enough to reach the level for when you have holy grail things at Mecca! My must-have list includes lots of Mecca goodies; I can easily spend $300 a year on those
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
It's $400 for the NZ loop but yeah, easy enough to do in a year. Especially once I get on top of my enormous skincare stash and can start buying again. I tried on a lovely Korres perfume in there yesterday too.....
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
What's 'the loop'? Is it like sephora's vib rouge but for mecca?
trudijoy
8375 posts
Yeah 4x a year they curate Beauty Loop boxes for those who have spent enough. they email you and you go in and collect. There are three levels - in aus Level 1 is for those who spent $300 in the last year, Level 2 is $600 and 3 is $1200. In Nz I think you have to spend a bit more but things cost slightly more. I've had 3 level ones and a level three so far; all with some lovely things. I think my fave so far is the Too Faced bronzer
Macs
5351 posts
That sounds mean . I still haven't been into the city to see the store. Going off my wish list I'd probably hit those amounts.
trudijoy
8375 posts
you really should Macs... its easy to spend ages in there!
tannygirl
3392 posts
I wonder if levels 1, 2 and 3 all have the same goodies in the Beauty Loop boxes? I know all three levels qualify for the box but levels 2 and 3 also have more perks, so maybe the boxes are all the same. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
No, each level has a different box. Plenty of pics on instagram if you search #beautyloop. They're pretty good. 
MareeB
5241 posts
Wow - that's a good incentive to shop shop shop!
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I should make a trip in my lunch hour that would limit my spend or I would just get as much as I could carry and then some
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
And......they've announced they're opening another one at Queens Gate in Lower Hutt! Might need to compare it to the one in town. 
Macs
5351 posts
You've gotta go check it out soozie ;) 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Soozie not doing the comparison is just plain inconsiderate:p I did the welly/Akl one the other day after all! I still think we will get one at  Sylvia Park in the new extension  
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Ok, I'll take one for the team and check it out when it opens. I don't go that way very often but yes, it needs to be done! I think you could be right about Sylvia Park considering how often they are opening up new stores. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
we appreciate your sacrifice for the greater good, soozie ;)
kirstyj
1732 posts
Haha good work Soozie!!! Love it, except the temptation...

Because of Soozie and because BR have added plenty of Soap and Glory bits to the site I'm totally going to do a haul soon.... luckily I need a new primer so at least it isn't completely unjustified :P
Julieal
915 posts
Thanks for letting us know -I was up in Auckland last week and went and had a look -really busy and as I was in my lunch time just had time to look but next month will gowith a list and hopefully won't be as busy.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Kirstyj I love that I've now become the Mecca enabler, lol. Although I think you're sending a lot of people there with the sleep spray!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I will admit that seeing those Soap and Glory items added for review has given me an excuse to try some of them. So cheap, especially the minis. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
EVERYONE NEEDS SOAP AND GLORY <3

I think those minis will feature heavily in this years xmas gifts :D
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Haha me too....part of my 'How can xmas get me on the beauty loop faster" plan. I've also been thinking about what limited edition stuff they might get in.  Two Faced do some really cute ones for xmas. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Soozie yeah the LE Xmas minis are a good time, I'll be stocking up :D
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Haha yeah stocking up for myself as I only buy xmas presents for a few people now. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!