Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Mecca Beauty Must Haves

40 posts, 10 members
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Hey lovelies, so I've just been introduced to Mecca Beauty and wow, so much on there.

I've seen a few things I like the look of and have created a wishlist for future purchases. There are so many brands and products on there I've never even heard of (yes sometimes I live under a rock lol). So my question is:

WHAT ARE YOUR MUST HAVES AND WHY? - GO!!!!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Omg, mumof3, I've created a monster lol. Things available at Mecca that I've tried, loved and will keep purchasing:
- Mario Badescu facial sprays. Super cheap and perfect in this weather especially when kept in the fridge. I liked the glycolic eye cream too. 
- Ren glycolactic face mask (best mask ever!) and Rosa Centifolia range (gentle and smells amazing)
- the minis bar! Especially Soap & Glory (Hand Food is a must) and Korres minis
- Mecca Max make up rage - super affordable
- Too Faced eye shadow and melted lipsticks
- Hourglass ambient lighting powders
- Billion Dollar Brows universal brow pencil (also like the Bare Minerals one)

Other things I love about Mecca is the customer service both online and instore (super helpful but not pushy or snooty -every assistant who approached me yesterday offered me samples) and of course the Beauty Loop loyalty programme. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
There's are also many other things I've liked but still have so much to try from there that I tend to keep trying new things rather than repurchasing. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I knew I'd keep remembering things lol. I've just started using the Mecca Cosmetica To Save Face sunscreen. It is great under makeup as it just feels like a moisturiser or primer on. This will be my go to facial sunscreen from now on. 
courtney95
15 posts
I would highly recommend the Mecca Cosmetica lip-de-luscious lip balms!! 
I have both a day one and the night lip treatment one. 
They are definitely a holy grail of mine especially in winter when my lips tend to get soooooo dry! 
They're not cheap but they last forever. 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yes I like that lip balm too. I got a full sized one in the last beauty loop box. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ba ha ha yes you have created a monster @worldofsooziewong lol. But I'm super excited to try some new things. My wishlist is certainly filling up, will share it with you soon so you can see what I mean lol.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
thanks courtney95 will definitely add these to my wishlist, can never have enough lipbalms, especially as my Daughter tends to permanently borrow mine ha ha ha.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
So just officially made my first Mecca Beauty order thanks to the enabling of worldofsooziewong and BR Kellie (just had to get that Glitter Pop lippy you posted in your article).
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Haha couldn't wait a week? Lol. Did you get anything else?
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ba ha ha I tried but then the weather was super hot and I was like I need a spray to keep in the fridge and saw your recommendations for Mario Badescu lol. Then I really wanted the Glitter Pop lippy that BR Kellie was talking about and was worried it would sell out.

No doubt there will be other things I can be enabled with in a week and with free shipping and samples thrown in, how could I resist lol.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Would it also be terrible if I told you I had already made up another cart and was also surfing on iHerb ha ha ha.
trudijoy
8375 posts
Haha weighing in anyway...

- Mario badescu aloe, rose water and herb facial spray. I keep it in the fridge and use it for toner, as an after-sun spray and just before bed to cool my face off. It’s super cheap too

- urban decay Vice lipsticks (current faves by a mile), perversion mascara (hg) and coloured eyeliners

-Stila stay all day foundation and concealer - also hg

- soap and glory clean on me shower gel, righteous body butter, scrubs, hand food and hand sanitiser

- Frank lip scrub and lip balm

- glamglow glowstarter mini trio in bronze, nude and pearl. I’m obsessed with this, I’ve been wearing the bronze one instead of foundation and it’s everything

- either bare minerals or BDB brow pencils

- this works deep sleep pillow spray
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
He he he Trudi :-) I have a few of these on my wishlist and I purchased the Mario Badescu toner sprays in both scents, but in the small bottles because I want to see how they react with my skin first. At $10 a bottle, they are priced pretty good. 

The Glamglow I am the most excited about after seeing tabucutie's picture on the photo wall - that silver shade eek lol.
bronjenks
253 posts
Hey there, I walked past Mecca on Queen St when I was down last weekend... I had to go in and OH MY!!!  I have never been in a place like that before!  Excuse all the !!!  but it was like WOW! Incredibly overwhelming, I didnt know where to look first.  The staff were amazeballs and made me feel super comfortable.  I had my daughter with me and she got in to it trying things out which was so cool :-(.

I caught sight of the Too Faced Sweet Peach pallette... LOVE! But was a tad anxious to ask for help to try it out.  Geez I want that palette, lol.  Would love to go back again and have a really good look and play.  I will go check out the website in the meantime and start my wishlist.

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I've got both of the sprays and love them both. Must take one to work tomorrow. Since I have no air con at work, only at home lol. 
EliseMM
120 posts
Mecca is my all time favourite beauty store. I love their branding, their vibe, their range of products, and I always have good service when I go instore. The single downside is that they never have sales. 

I agree that the minis are a great way to test new products before purchasing full size products. But to add my two cents, here are my Mecca faves: 

- Nars radiant cream concealer
- Bumble&Bumble; dry shampoo
- Too Faced natural eyes palette 
- Mecca sunscreens (they have tinted, gel, SPF lip balm, and gentle sunscreen for the eye area)

Hourglass is also a stunning brand, but very very expensive! I don't actually own any Hourglass products but I always sample them when I go in store hehe. 

Have fun shopping!!
bronjenks
253 posts
I looked at the Hourglass stuff *sigh* it is so pretty.  
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
he he he Bron, so jealous that you got to go to a store, next time we're going together lol. That peach pallette sounds nice, I've seen a few Too Faced items I would like to try - one being the Unicorn Tears lip stick balm thingy.

Ahhh that is a good idea worldofsooziewong, I should take one to work too, we have no air conditioning there either. Just a hot sauna of an office and surrounded by dust and dirt lol. And at $10 for the small size, they are perfect. Would be great if they had some other scents to try too as I get bored easy he he he.
MissQT
1547 posts
Such a hard question as there are so many great products!!! I love soap and glory products. The righteous body butter is my favourite, but almost all the products in the range are worth buying. Is also recommend: glam glow face masks, billion dollar brows universal pencil, bare minerals brow pencil (recommendation from Trudi), Nars orgasm and Laguna mini duo, frank body scrubs, stila liquid lipsticks.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
trudijoy - just on Mecca now (ba ha ha oops lol) and I'm looking at that Deep Sleep Pillow Spray by This Works. Its this one aye?

What is the difference between that one and the Sleep Plus Pillow Spray which is about $10 dearer?
trudijoy
8375 posts
Hey hon that’s the one. I think the plus is stronger (?) but this one does the trick for me. One bottle lasts me about 5 months used every night
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Wow, that is pretty impressive, thanks hun, it is now on my wishlist he he he. This wishlist is getting bigger and bigger yikes. Such a shame that some are not available online, will have to go through my personal shopper for those ba ha ha :-)
Macs
5351 posts
I’m going to remember these . Ive never made a purchase from them or Sephora. Hopefully one day .
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
You definitely need to create a new account and start a wishlist in the meantime Macs lol. I have so much loaded on there now its not funny and I'm only a newbie shopping with Mecca. So many wonderful products available eek.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
It's here, it's here eek. The packaging is adorable and super fast shipping too.

Can't wait to try and order my next lot ha ha ha.
bronjenks
253 posts
Ohhh!!  Cant wait to see :-)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
We need to have a catch up babe and then you can have a play with it all he he he xx
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
After seeing your soap and glory pic I just had to place an order! Never tried any of them before.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
He he he ooooh exciting, what did you order?
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Just a wee order. The body butter, hand food, body wash and sugar crush body spray. Yay excited!
trudijoy
8375 posts
i LOVE Mecca customer service, just called their help line and spoke with a lovely girl - i didn't get a bday email bc my birthday was in the online system but not the store one, so she's sorted it so I can pick up the bday gift and the loop box at the same time <3 <3
bronjenks
253 posts
Thats awesome Trudyjoy. I got to say, when I went in there they were so nice and it really made me feel ok about going back in sometime.  Happy Birthday!
trudijoy
8375 posts
thanks Bron - it's still a week away but #birthmonth :p
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Just curious as to how often Mecca update their online store vs in store products?

I've had my eye on a couple of things from the online store but its been weeks since it was updated.

I may have to call upon my wee personal shoppers to grab me a couple of things......ba ha ha ha xx
trudijoy
8375 posts
chances of me going to Mecca this weekend are fairly high :p
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ba ha ha Trudi :-) Oooooh may have to take advantage of you this weekend then he he he x
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Mumof3, some of those things on your Mecca wishlist were limited editions for Christmas or Mecca's 20th birthday so I don't think you'll sre them again online. Some of them are still instore though. If Trudi doesn't have any luck finding them for you, I'll be going in the next couple of weeks. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
He he he yeah I had a feeling some wouldn't be coming back. Thanks hun, will definitely let you know for sure x
tannygirl
3392 posts
     For me it's the Frank Body Scrub and the Soap and Glory Body Butter. I also really like the Kate Somerville Exfolikate, it's pricey but gives me baby soft skin in 2 minutes. Definitely worth trying. I think they have a version for more sensitive skin.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!