Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

10 posts, 9 members
TillysMum
30 posts
Right ladies, I want some ideas for face masks.  Nothing expensive (not working), but some that are gorgeous and smell great.  I like the Montegne Jeunesse ones (have the lemon one and the smurf one in my bathroom cabinet), but want some other ideas.

So which are your favourite cheapies, what are they for, and why do you like them?

GO!
MissQT
1547 posts
I've only just started using mud masks to try and clean out my pores (I have rather large pores). So far I haven't seen any noticeable results but it has made my skin really soft. A great cheap option is homemade masks. If you have dry skin you can try avocado mashed or banana mashed with honey and oatmeal. Egg white and grapefruit juice is good for oily skin. I think there has been a previous post about homemade recipies so you could have a search on the forum if you wanted to look into that.
MareeB
5244 posts
Egg white is awesome, it cleans and clears your skin, and tightens, leaving you with a clear smooth complexion. Just separate white from yolk, and keep the white in a bowl covered with gladwrap so you can use it daily. Smear it on your face and neck generously, then leave as long as you can. It dries and tightens, then eventually settles into a powder that you can wash off with warm water. You can even leave it on over-night. Anyone who's in the forum regularly will tell you that I keep going about it!!! Good luck :)
BeautyCutie
130 posts
I really like the Freemans Avocado and Oatmeal mask. It's not too pricey, but works really well at clearing and moisturising skin :-) 
AmandaJane
1147 posts
There's a beauty sale on at Countdown at the moment and it will be on for the next three weeks. Most products are 20 - 25% off. Hope that's helpful. 
tannygirl
3392 posts
The Skinfood Mud Masque is really good. I think you can buy it at supermarkets or online with free postage, but if you're a real miser like me at times, who won't purchase something without a sale. There are sales on Skinfood products at times online and in store.
Ringy
825 posts
I got the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay the other week from iHerb. My daughter and I have used it a couple of times now and my clear skin has broken out in huge zits while her terrible skin has cleared up nicely! I'm hoping it is just drawing out the impurities so if I continue I'll end up with beautiful (pimple free) skin. My pores look good though. I also have an Elizabeth Arden Hydrating mask that breaks me out too. Neither smell fragrant though. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Lush masks are the goods. They're $18.90 so I'm not sure where that sits in your current budget, but they're worth it.

I have Mask of Magnaminty atm, and that has a longer shelf life than the others. It's fabulous. I also love Brazened Honey and Catastophe Cosmetic. My skin is oily. It used to break out a lot but it's pretty much under control now.

On the cheaper side, I picked up a sachet of Nivea pure effect Active Purifying Mask recently and it was pretty good for a cheapie. It's a white clay and magnolia formulation that clears out pores, mattifies, prevents and heals blemishes and fights impurities. it was about $3 for two applications, and its not bad at all.
Macs
5351 posts
I was looking on pinterest last night. Theres a few homemade recipes on there for facemasks. Theres Tumeric and Lemon, Oatmeal + honey and lemon, Coffee grounds and coconut oil. Kmart has alot of affordable face masks there too. I havent  tried Montagues yet. It looks good though.
tannygirl
3392 posts
Check out Postie they have a Power of Plants Botanicals range. I have used that brand before overseas. They have a clay masque and a moisturizing mask. I found them on sale for $5 for 50ml tube so it's a steal. I just bought two of the moisturizing ones the other day.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!