Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

27 posts, 25 members
Natzz
13 posts
I would like to start a thread asking when you put your makeup on what is your favorite part of it? What I mean is what is the part of your roytine you enjoy the most? For me it is putting on gel liner. After many year of practice I feel confident to do it and enjoy the process. 
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Mine would definitely have to be the lipstick application.  I love making sure I follow the contours of my lips and getting a perfect line every time.  My least fave would be foundation application.  It's hard in some lighting to get it perfect.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Hmmm this is tough for me! I don't wear it often enough but my favorite part... Probably lipstick, as I always feel it completes a look, and I like how the colors make me feel. Pinks make me feel girly and reds make me feel powerful and like I can take on the world! A new favorite now that I'm using it more is eye shadow - it's weird seeing myself with it on as I'm so used to not wearing it - but I do like what I create/copy from tutorial and I can only (hopefully!) get better! :-)
trudijoy
8375 posts
highlighter, or mascara. Finishing a look and bringing it all together always makes me smile.
Rezee
1964 posts
No hesitation for me in answering this question.  Eyeshadow without a doubt. I love using new colours and figuring out a look as I go. I prefer doing my eyes last so I have something to look forward to while I'm doing boring face stuff.
Lutece
1849 posts
This is a great thread! For me it would be foundation, prepping the skin before the foundation and applying the foundation, its amazing for me to watch my problem areas just dissapear before my eyes!
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Tightlining. It makes such a difference.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Mine is eyeshadow also, I have a lot of fun trying out new looks :)
Kalee
31 posts
My favorite is eyeliner.
astylecollector
204 posts
I think it's lipstick for me. I love choosing what colour to wear and pair up with my makeup that day. I don't wear lipstick at work as I'm behind a desk all day but when I'm going out in the weekend, I really enjoy it. 

I'm also starting to enjoy putting liquid eyeline as I think I'm getting better at it!
Macs
5351 posts
For me its eye shadow and lip stick . I get the most comments on these. I wish I was good at liquid eye liner Natz. Im literally winging it when I do it lol.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Mascara all the way! It's really relaxing somehow and the results are so amazing every time. I love magically having eyelashes lol
Sylvia
149 posts
Even though I don't wear it every day my favourite thing to apply is probably lipstick - I love actually putting it on and I love how it pulls everything together. Makes me feel like a grownup haha.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Definitely not brows! Haha. I love it all really, but think I'd have to go with blush, one of the quickest parts of the whole process, but has such a big impact and gives my face life! Plus I'm obsessed with making sure it looks blended out. Loove it.
mallomiss
569 posts
Foundation is mine. Like Lutece I enjoy watching my flaws disappear.
MareeB
5239 posts
Probably my tinted moisturiser or BB cream, because I can see a few years disappear off my face when the lines get smoothed out hahahaha
Filoaha
67 posts
I love applying foundation and watching the redness in my cheeks dissapear!
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
My favorite make up item is eyeliner. But the most fun to play with is eye shadow.
itskaz_xo
199 posts
Definitely foundation! My skin has been awful for months on end now and there is nothing more satisfying than seeing my foundation cover most of my blemishes :) It makes me so much more comfortable to leave the house, so yep definitely foundation for me at the moment x
pintsize
1072 posts
Good on you Natzz for stepping up into the forum :) I hope you can enjoy BR to it's fullest now.
As to your thread, I have learnt so much over the last couple of years but still have so many aspects I am not happy with or very good at. I am yet to try certain techniques out too.
But I am loving when an eye look comes together and really enjoy using bold eye shadow colours now (having very hooded eyes meant I had been doing it all wrong or not bothering at all)
And brows... I enjoy doing my brows now that I have the right tools/products.

:)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ummm it would have to be eyeliner I think with a second being the application of my BB/CC Cream.  I don't really do anything else other than that lol
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
If I was asked this question say 6 months ago I'd say foundation. Watching all my blemishes and red cheeks dissaper is amazing. But now I have to say lipstick! Before BR I never owned any I now have 6 with more on their way. I haven't quite got the hang of the perfect application but practice I shall! I can't believe how much it transforms a look :)
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Aw that's so cool to hear, Amy! I must admit, I'm getting more and more in to my lip products. They sure can change a look!
trudijoy
8375 posts
amy i'm the same. I genuinely believed all lipstick, but especially red, didn't suit me! now i plan my looks around my lipstick sometimes haha
StayClassy-xo
240 posts
Natzz I love your comic book makeup look in your profile photo!  For me it's eyeshadow, there's something about blending it all together and making new looks that I find really relaxing and enjoyable :)
kirstyj
1732 posts
I think I vote mascara for this, I like how quickly you can make a big effect on your face, and it is a fun product to try lots of different ones of :)
tannygirl
3392 posts
For me the part I enjoy the least but makes the most difference is winged liquid liner. It's really tricky for me despite using a marker, because A. I have monolids and B. I wear glasses so the wing has to stand out enough under my eyelid and extend up and out enough to suit my eye but not too much that it goes outside of the line of the frames. My favourite part is lippy because it's easy and finishes my look and my collection has increased this year. I think it's the makeup item type I've spent the most on this year. My collection used to be like six colored lip products at the start of the year. Now there's quite a few and more diverse colors and brands like Mac, Limecrime, Chi Chi, Younique, Bare Minerals, Inika, Karen Murrel, Bite Beauty and Jeffree Star.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!