Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

24 posts, 16 members
Macs
5351 posts
After seeing the article about scrunchy versus crimping , I thought what era make up do you like? I'm really liking the 90's look at the moment and the Kardashian Countoured and highlighted look as well.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Definitely the 80's and 90's :3 Mostly due to eye make up.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
For me it would be the 20's I love the elegance of the eye make up and bold lips. The clothing was pretty gorgeous as well!
Rezee
1964 posts
I think the 80s and 90s too. Ok they may have been the most embarrassing years to look at but I feel like people could express themselves more with makeup and hair.
in saying that, I will not be channeling my inner mimi and wearing blue shadow to my brows! 
MareeB
5242 posts
Oh Macs, it would have to be 70s and 80s - loud and proud! I loved everything big and bright, it was a wonderful time to be young :)
MareeB
5242 posts
And the 70s and  80s fashion - big shoes, big hair, big flares, big shoulder pads... I get very gushy about it!!
chikoboo
3402 posts
I'd say the 60's for the mod look, monochrome, bold eyeliner, big lashes. But also the 70's for the glam rock era, all the colours, artist expression and glitter
trudijoy
8375 posts
i feel like the current era is a mix and match, anything goes kinda era, which is cool :)
Macs
5351 posts
Maree when my mum was alive she had her flare jeans as well as her Platforms. I used to walk around in them lol
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
80s and 90s fluro tie dye rock wash jeans trucker hats then evolved into the baggy but tight jeans origins the creepers scuffs starter throwbacks flights yeah 80s and 90s Era lover it... big hair side pony tail actual pony shoes Adidas tracks snap pants
MareeB
5242 posts
Oh Macs - words cannot explain how much I loved flares and platforms. Although I was stick thin at the time, I could appreciate how nice a shape they gave people who were not so thin. So did shoulder pads, they were a great corrector for round or narrow shoulders.
MareeB
5242 posts
Funny, I've just been watching a doco (I have it taped and have watched it a hundred times) about Agnetha from ABBA (retro celebrity crush, also major retro crush on Benny and Bjorn) and thinking how absolutely amazing their clothes were. Also their make up and hair. I so totally loved that era....so colourful...
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Great question. I love the grunge look of the 90s but I have always loved the makeup and style of 80s punks.
kirstyj
1732 posts
I love the 50's. The classic makeup, winged eyeliner, red lips, Marilyn Monroe, dresses that suit my shape. Everything is perfect for me.
chloednz
217 posts
Yup I too am obsessed with the 40-50's era of hair and makeup, so polished and put together. Have been lucky enough to have been in a few local productions which were themed in that era so got to break out the bold lips and flawless skin with winged eyes, so fun!
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Interesting question! I was a rebellious punk back in the 80's but I grew up with Siouxi and the banshees and Toyah Wilcox. Memories. If I were to go for an era style now it would be Liz Taylor in her hayday and Marilyn. Not sure I could pull it of though but they were so elegant back then :) 
MareeB
5242 posts
Yeah that's ture - 40s and 50s were very classy and elegant - Liz Taylor pulled off a good look. All of her life really.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I like the elegance from the 20's-50's, then also the rocker eyeliner and the today looks. There's something I like in most eras I think.
Macs
5351 posts
Oh I loved that era Maree brings back fond memories..of watching mum and sisters make up styles. Also the 80s-90s grunge is another make up era I enjoyed.  I like putting my music on from these eras, while doing my make up, gives me a boost lol
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I wish I had Elizabeth Taylor's eye colour, such a stunning shade of purple!

I might have a go at making myself up like they did that era, just to see if I could pull it off hah, could be fun too!

Lisa Eldridge does a Marilyn makeup video. :)

Julieal
915 posts
1950's to 60's -Liz Taylor ,Grace Kelly know how to WOW !!
kirstyj
1732 posts
Great link AmandaJane! I love Lisa Eldridge!!! I can't count the amount of times I have watched her video on travel skincare. Her voice is so relaxing.
Mila
1209 posts
I love the 50's-60's era for makeup the more classic type of makeup looks :) - but I like lots of other different parts of different era's aswell.   
I found the 40s absolutely gorgeous. Keep it simple and beauty was not about looking thin or something like that but looking healthy above all. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!