Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Make Up Crimes

15 posts, 12 members
Macs
5351 posts
After seeing that article it made me think about it .What make up crimes have you commited? I admit too overdoing blush and caking on foundation. 
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Black eyes, but I feel like it looks good on me? Maybe I'm just nuts!
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Mine are definitely the same as you Mac!
Koni
444 posts
I make it a point to go crazy with blush but that's just how I like it, got a lot of cheeks to cover you know haha.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Some of those crimes I think are only crimes when not done right, if that makes sense hehehe.  For instance I think glitter is amazing and would cover myself in it but I hold myself back and only apply it in either a eyeliner or accent of the eyelid form, occassionally I will have a little fun and actually put it everywhere but that is for only the confines of my room and heck makeup is fun, play with it! what's the point in being serious with it 100% of the time.  The overly done smoky eye or black eye effect, again if done right looks sultry, I like to think I get this right and do a double crime at time by popping on some light glitter to the centre of my eyelid to just put a bit a sparkle into the darkness.  Overdrawn lips, again if done right where you can't see that you have overdrawn them look plump and lush, the perfect place for a hyper gloss look. 
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I know it's one that pretty much everyone does, but the wrong foundation colour! All these years I've never been 100% happy with the colour match of any foundation I've tried. Everyone has always told me I'm pink undertoned, which made sense, I'm freckled, pasty as heck and burn easily. 

I walk in to MAC the other day for a tester of the Studio Fix fluid, she matches me to NC15. Every other time I go to MAC I get matched to NW15, but thought hey lets see how the NC goes. It matched my neck perfectly! What the frankfurter. Maybe the paler I get, the yellower I get? I dunno. But I'm so excited!
chikoboo
3402 posts
I get you Sarah I was told I was pink undertoned until I accidentally got a yellow undertoned foundation and was like wow this looks amazing.  Turns out I am neutral toned, or as they call it in foundation terms classic ivory or porcelain hehehe yay for being translucent.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Haha yeah I have a feeling I'm in the same boat as you Chikoboo as I don't think I have full on yellow undertones. The struggle!
Rezee
1964 posts
Ive overdone blush for sure! Its hard if you get up early and think youre being lighthanded but really you are not!
I think people get confused with thinking that redness in your face means you are pink toned. Im yellow toned but I get redness in my cheeks. 
Macs
5351 posts
I remember glitter gel eye shadow. I used to proudly wear to concerts back in the 90s. I dont know what I was thinking lol ( you wont catch me doing it in public now haha) Also the smoky black eyes I might be delusional about how it looks . 
AmandaJane
1147 posts
The smokey black eyes for me but I've backed off since I got older lol. Oh and shiny face syndrome. I remember being told by a 14 year old that my skin was shiny and I said "yes it's supposed to look like that" um not!
MareeB
5244 posts
Foundation lines - blah! I'm so careful and paranoid with foundation nowdays!
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Probably too tanned foundation.
chloednz
217 posts
I love me some blush- it brings some life into my deathly pale skin. People always ask me if I'm sick when I'm not wearing it so I really slap it on and I'm cool with it. I totally think some people can rock the full on black eye thing (although I'm not one of them).
pintsize
1072 posts
Wrong foundation shade! It's like I don't even own a mirror :/ lol
but seriously I am having a hard time with foundation... I thought I was onto a winner just this week but I don't know... still feels hit and miss even after beauty counter consultation.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!