Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Make Up Brushes

44 posts, 31 members
Macs
5351 posts
What make up brushes do you like? I've got Bossy, but I'm wanting to try some other brands. Whats worked for you's?
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Real techniques are my fav so far. I have bossy ones (not a fan, they feel soft) and elf and a mix of other brands. Haven't tried high end yet
mariaeolsina
46 posts
I have Real Techniques and Sedona Lace brushes and I really like both brands!
AmandaJane
1147 posts
I have some Nude by Nature brushes, their professional brush kit. They are lovely and soft and are synthetic. Here's a link - $35 in case you're interested. I think they do free shipping too but I can't find the details atm.
mariaeolsina
46 posts
I also own some e.l.f. brushes from their studio line and I use this on a regular basis. My favourite brushes from this collection are the e.l.f. Studio Powder Brush, e.l.f. Studio Fan Brush and the e.l.f. Studio Angled Blush Brush.
Ringy
825 posts
I have a heap of Estée Lauder and Elizabeth Arden brushes and they are great, just the perfect amount of softness and easy to handle, same with the real technique brushes. I was convinced to buy some Smash Box brushes, told that they were really good, but I end up with little dark hairs all over my face which i can't stand. 
Rezee
1964 posts
I dont really think you can go wrong with real techniques brushes. The quality is excellent,  I've had the eye set for over 18 months with heaps of use and there is no shedding. They are soft and easy to use plus reasonably priced if you buy overseas. Jessup are good chesper ones but I have had shedding isues and loose tops with those.iherb have 20% off beauty products right now too.
ChristineHoll
152 posts
I have a set of bossy brushes and carousel brushes. For face I prefer bossy, for eyes I prefer carousel.

Does anyone know why people seem to prefer synthetic? I hear people refer to synthetic like it's way better, but the Wayne Goss brushes are natural fibres and I hear good things about them too!
Lutece
1849 posts
I have a mixture, Real techniques, Bossy cosmetics, BH cosmetics, Wendy hill & Christian Dior and for price I recommend the Real technique sets (online) or the Pink collection of Bossy cosmetics, I really want some Sigma or Zoeva ones that I have started putting a few bucks away a week
trudijoy
8375 posts
Isn't it the cruelty free thing, Christine?

I have and adore the Bossy ones, supplemented with a great elf one and a couple of lil Maybelline ones.

I think it's all about what works for you :)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Cheistineholl is it because they are cruelty free?
ChristineHoll
152 posts
It could be the cruelty free issue. Wayne Goss brushes are natural and cruelty free though so it can be done... just wondered if they applied makeup better/worse than synthetic brushes. I've got so many different brush brands on my wish list so I don't really know where to start!
AmandaJane
1147 posts
It's the cruelty free thing. I don't know that they perform better than real hairs though as I've never tried any.  
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
100% Real Techniques. I have had mine for four years now and they truly look brand new, after being used EVERY day. They are affordable, amazing quality and perform really well. If you are wanting something more luxurious, check out reviews on Sigma and Zoeva. xx
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
I have the bossy brushes and I really like them
i might venture to some different ones now after reading this thread x
Mila
1209 posts
I have Elf ones, Real Techniques, Artiste ones my favourite to use are the Real Techniques ones.
MissQT
1547 posts
I agree with real techniques! They are so soft and really easy to use. I bought mine off iherb.com, but I saw a post a while back where someone bought them from fishpond and they were a great price.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
My fave brushes would definitely have to be my Artiste brushes, but they're not the cheapest, so I've just got a couple for very specific purposes and I supplement them with some Bossy, ELF, RT and Eco Tools brushes. To be honest I use a couple of each brand daily, it just depends what you need them for as to what I'd recommend :)
chikoboo
3402 posts
Bossy has a new stippler brush and it is by far my favorite brush after my sigma f80. I've got a weak spot for it cosmetics brushes though. Real techniques is a perfect all round brush set for beginners and experts though I'd recommend them 110%
chikoboo
3402 posts
I haven't got any yet but I'm itching to try morphe brushes too a lot of bloggers have said that they blow sigma out of the water so it has me really excited. However the shipping from their direct site is ridiculous have seen them on beauty bay but not the full sets
Toni-Lee
503 posts
I mainly use XO Beauty brushes and I also have the real technique brushes and bossy cosmetics.
Kimrose
1412 posts
I have a set of Bossy bbrushes which I really love and I also have a Real Tecniques blending brush, love that one too.
kirstyj
1732 posts
I also love my Real Techniques brushes ...like everyone else. I also have some really good MAC ones. My Sigma ones are lovely too.

Not talked about nearly enough is the Carousel Cosmetics ones. They are super cheap and I actually really like them. I am planning on doing a clear out of my makeup brushes soon and I think the Carousel ones will definitely be staying! Their contour brush is a fav
charly
456 posts
I have the Body Shop ones. They're good (and synthetic so good for everyone including vegans!), but they are expensive to get the set.
Macs
5351 posts
Interesting brush options ladies. I was reading reviews about some of the suggestions on here.
chikoboo
3402 posts
Fingers crossed Macs, going on the FB clues for the next save and splurge it is looking to be makeup brushes.   Real Technique and Bobbi Brown. 
Macs
5351 posts
When I saw that I was so excited, I can't wait to find out what it is.
Rezee
1964 posts
That brush trial will be so good! Jealous of whichever heroes get to trial them both.
chikoboo
3402 posts
To be honest and fair, as much as I want to be on a review again as it feels like forever hehehe.  I would bow out of this one if I was selected as I already own every brush (except the bold metals collection) that Real Technique has brought out, so that someone who hasn't tried them gets a slot.  As much as I would love to try a Bobbi Brown one =)
RachLouise
218 posts
I have Real Technique Brushes and I love them. I wouldnt mind getting some Morphe Brushes or Jessep brushes as I have heard good things about both, especially the Morphe Brand.
alikat
423 posts
I have most RT brushes, some mac brushes and some other ones from Bare Minerals, Lancome, ABH etc, but I don't have any of the RT metals collection and I really, really want those, but my sister swears by her Bobbi Brown brushes. If I don't get selected, I might just fork out for a set while I'm over in LA next year. If the dollar comes back up!
I have a set of Crown that I got on the cheap and huge set of Lancome ones I inherited(still good after 25+ years somehow!). I also have a few elf ones on the side and a real techniques kabuki brush which I use almost every time I use makeup
pintsize
1072 posts
I am on the hunt for some new brushes so I am reading this thread thoroughly :)
I have the Oasis BB brush and I love that one but otherwise my old Revlon set is looking a bit worse for wear and in much need of replacing. 
Macs
5351 posts
 I would be over the moon to be on that Save or splurge trial. If I don't get selected I'll definately start putting money aside to get xo or RT brushes.
MareeB
5239 posts
I don't have many brushes. Yikes - it might help me if I used more brushes and less sponges and fingertips!
Julieal
915 posts
I have a few however my favourites are real technique.
neninoir
210 posts
I really love my Real Technique brushes, they are multi task and easy care. I also have a few ELF brushes I can not live without.  Ive been getting more brushes from the art store of late  and they are really good ( and cheap!) and I use them for beauty make up and body painting ect. I dont often reach from my more expensive Ben Nye and Kryolan brushes, they are ok but RT are better :)

k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I'm digging my RT brushes & I've returned to using them for my liquid foundation application, like I said I'm digging them. They're bringing justice into my routine. Of course I'd love to trial higher end brands I'd love to try the Goss brushes? Or even the IT cosmetics brushes. The trial looks really interesting too. Another brand I'd love to own is Morphe & Zoeva, or even Mac si many choices. However these choices are way out off my budget for the price you pay RT give me a satisfying finished look. :-)
Not guna lie, the $20.00 Jessup brushes I brought of Ebay are my got to's on the daily! Some of the best flat top brushes I have used. 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I've always just brought a cheap set of whatever brand. But I may look at the Real Techniques ones after hearing reading this.
Kelly_A
38 posts
I bought my real techniques brushes off iherb ... its super affordable and the quality is great. had mine for over 6 months now and it hasn't shed one hair
Kelly_A
38 posts
Eco tools are also realy good quality ... i also bought these on iherb for a super affordable price ... NZ sale always has brushes on their website... i would check them out :)
Rezee
1964 posts
Yes, eco tools are good. I have a mini face set and I do use them quite often but I forget I have them. I've had mine for ages and quality wise, they are lasting really well.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Like everyone, i love real techniques. However, i also think some brushes are worth investing in like the MAC217 which i love, and its the best eyebrush I own

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!