Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Lush mask for dry skin.

42 posts, 17 members
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Hey ladies, I want to purchase a Lush mask but am unsure of which one I should get. I have dry skin and rosacea - do any of you have suggestions as to which one I should get? Mostly I want to hydrate my skin as it gets super dry over winter. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
Next time you're instore ask the profesh behind the counter, they should be able to help and maybe give you samples :D Otherwise you could try this one, it says it helps sooth dry and sensitive skin :D
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I think the Oatifix one is for dry skin. But if you have a Lush nearby I'd pop in and ask the Lush experts.
idomakeupnz
150 posts
I would go with Oatifix and possibly Catastrophe (:
you could always heat up some honey and just slather that all over your face, it should help a lot with soothing and dryness.
trudijoy
8375 posts
absolutely go in and ask for samples, they're fantastic like that.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Ahh I totally forgot about going in and asking for samples - I think I'll do that tomorrow thanks ladies :)
tannygirl
3392 posts
I don't know if they do samples on face masques but they do let you try them on instore I think. At least that's the case with the Lush we have in Christchurch.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I must've tried nearly every Lush face mask (thanks to being able to get a freebie when you take five empty containers back). Most of them are clay based so I don't find them that hydrating. Oatifix felt moisturising but it felt like it had just coated my skin in oils that sat on top of it, rather than sinking in and nourishing it. 

You might like one of the new masks, Rosy Cheeks. That felt very gentle. Another new mask, Don't Look At Me, leaves my skin feeling amazingly soft. It is very scrubby though so I don't think it would sensitive skin or rosacea. 
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Yeah they don't do samples of the masks lol but they do give you a refund if you buy it and it doesn't end up working for your skin :)

I bought the Oatifix one and did not enjoy it at allllll. It's like putting actual porridge on your face, but with oil, glue and fragrance added. Bleugh. I took it back lol. Let us know if you find anything magical!
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I just recently tried the mask of magnaminty. I have dry sensitive skin and this didn't overally dry out my skin at all. I did need to moisturise after wards but I find I need to after most masks :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
I've gotten samples of masks before... :-/ granted I was ordering online but still
Ringy
825 posts
I have gotten a mask sample instore, I've also seen people have it applied to their whole face in the shop as well. 
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Weird! I was told (in-store) that they can't give samples of the masks. Just found this on an FAQs - not entirely sure why it'd differ store to store?

What CAN’T you get samples of?
[color=#666769]Shampoo bars, massage bars, toner tabs, bath bombs, bubble bars, bath melts, body butters, perfume, solid conditioner, henna hair color, and any makeup.  Some stores give out samples of fresh face masks and bar soap, but not all[/color]
Ringy
825 posts
Well Dunedin does! Lucky for us down south!
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Haha. You're lucky! Such an anomaly! That's the only reason I knew you could return it if it didn't work was because the sales assistant said "no sorry, we can't give you a sample for XYZ reason, but if you buy it and it doesn't work for you just bring it back"...so strange!

Macs
5351 posts
So far I tried Catastrophe, Rosy Cheeks and Mask of Magnimity. I enjoyed them all and Im keen to try more. Goodluck with your search. 
kirstyj
1732 posts
This has reminded me I need to go take my empty lush containers down to our store! They're all sitting in my bathroom cabinet and the mess is starting to annoy me.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
He he he think I can answer this one. Ultimate dry and sensitive skinned Lush addict right here lol.

These are the ones that I have found to work perfectly with my skin:

Cosmic Warrior
Oatifix

The Cup o Coffee is a great one for exfoliating too although I would only recommend using that maybe once or twice a week due to the bits in it.

I also have just recently got the Rosy Cheeks to try, will let you know how that goes x

SooziesWorld
2999 posts
mumof3 I think you'll like Rosy Cheeks. 

Kirsty, I keep all my empty Lush pots in an old Lush gift box, shaped liked a hat box. I also keep my back to Mac empties in there. I peek inside before each trip to Lush and there's always at least five in there lol. Love that empty face mask pots also count towards it. Don't think I've ever paid for a lush face mask. Too bad my Mac empties take a bit longer. Not that I need anymore lippies. It's just the thrill of the freebie lol. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Yay thanks sweets, I can't wait to try it, it smells divine, my first free Lush mask he he he.  Thanks to my lovely Lush personal shopper Laura, she was able to grab this for me and send it up, little darling that she is he he he xx I was going to get the Smurf one but it always seems to be out of stock lol.
kirstyj
1732 posts
So agree worldofsooziewong! The thrill of a freebie is real!

Just realised I might not do it quite yet though. I am starting a skin boot camp in a couple of weeks ... My beautician lady mentioned it and I thought "boot camp" does she know who she is talking to? But no, it is a skin one. Basically I get a facial a week for four weeks plus a skincare pack for that time so I get to try new things. Quite excited to see if it boot's my skin into shape.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Ooooh  skincare bootcamp? Now that sounds like lots of fun, so excited for you.  And yes this will be my first thrill of an official mask freebie.  My last freebie I received from Lush was I think Braziliant shampoo bar or something and I am so in love with it.  Really love freebies.  Its nice to get rewarded for having an addiction ha ha ha
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Kirsty, that sounds amazing! My kind of boot camp!

Mumof3 I think the smurf mask might be my favourite. The only one I'm actually motivated to use twice a week. It is soooooo smurfy though!
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
worldofsooziewong I am so jellie ha ha ha.  I really can't wait to try that mask, will see if I can get it online next time I place an order lol xx
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Mothers Day order by any chance? Lol
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
He he he I would like to get something for Mother's Day hun but just had my son's 12th birthday, so money not exactly flowing at the moment ha ha ha.  Will have to see x
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Yeah, I need to wait and see too. It's not as if I need it. Even with having more baths I have barely made a dent in the lush pile lol. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Jessicka I recommend you get the Rose Face Mask hun, it is amazing and my skin is soooooo soft, I can't stop touching it lol 
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
I knew you'd like it mumof3. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
How often are we allowed to use this? he he he
MareeB
5242 posts
I just had a saok in a sunny side bubble bar mixed with red fun (trying to use up the ends of a few lush products I have lying around). My skin feels lovely, but I have to note that leaving the products sitting around in the bathroom has dried them out so much that they don't dissolve very well!!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Oooooh Sunnyside is lovely! I've come to the conclusion that lush bath products don't store that well so best not to hoard them. I store mine in a bedroom cupboard and some them still aren't that great. 
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Yes I agree with the storage side of things.  I have mine stored in my bedroom cupboard, but it must be damp in there because my Unicorn horn which I was lovingly gifted went all soggy and didn't dissolve very well when I put it in the bath, but wow, it was so good and my skin felt so soft, and smelt yummy.  

I definitely need to find somewhere else to store it all as I've noticed a few things mainly the soaps, bombs and bubble bars going soft eek, must be a hint to use them up ha ha ha
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Sometimes they leech the oils out of them too. I've started wrapping mine in cling film (unless bought online and already wrapped in plastic) then into airtight containers. I also throw in those little silica gel packets that come in the packaging of some items. But mostly I'm just going to try to actually use stuff, lol. Then once the hoards of bubble bars and bombs is gone, I will only buy stuff and use it straight away.  
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I like the way you think, use up old stuff, buy new stuff, have to feed our addiction somehow right.  I'm going to pull all my Lush stuff out and put into piles of the items that need to be used first.  This will be a great way to catch up on reviews too as I go through them.  

I just reviewed the Rosy Cheek mask too if anyone that hasn't used it wants to read about it.  

Here it is xx

I have also reviewed the Cosmetic Warrior Mask here and the Oatifix review is here xx
MareeB
5242 posts
I've still got 3 gift boxes that I haven't opened yet from Christmas - I hope they're ok inside!
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Maree they're probably fine as the items in the gift boxes are wrapped in plastic. I think they keep better in these rather than the paper bags they use instore.  
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
When I had a local Lush store, they did not give out samples of the face masks, but will have to try request some face mask samples when I order online next! I really want to try the rosy cheek one 
I am loving Lush Oatifix. It makes my skin GLOW the next day and is really basic on the ingredients list which makes a change from some other masks. 
Lutece
1849 posts
How did you go hun? I have family that rave about Oatifix too <3
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
My friend who has rosacea just tried Rosy Cheeks and loved it. She found it really calming and her skin looks calmer too. 
shazatron101
5112 posts
I have Rosy Cheeks in my hot little hands and it is AWESOME!!! I love it. I think it would still be good for dry skin as its a lovely soft mask and doesn't pull when it's drying. Hnnng its so nice, I smell like roses and baby powder hahahaha

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!