Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

15 posts, 9 members
Imoshen
461 posts
I'm annoyed.   I'm REALLY annoyed.  So annoyed that I'm seriously considering writing to the company to complain but the only thing stopping me is because I know what they will say in return "We're sorry for the inconvenience caused" with no mention of how they will fix it.

Well, I did read how they will fix it and it's not on.  

So by now you're wondering what's got my goat.  The new packaging of course.  ALL the products on the shelf look the same!  No more going in, finding the right colour on the shelf for what you need, no more digging in your bag to find the right size you need (heavy, medium, light).

So the fix is, from what I have read, that they will put a sticker on the packet indicating which is for heavy, medium and light but the packaging INSIDE is still the same so unless we take a pen and write on it, we're not going to know which pad is which.

I'm incensed!  What were they thinking?  I'm tempted to say that I bet it was brought about by MEN but I don't want to come across as being sexist when they used to produce such a wonderfully designed product.

This irks me far more than the change in the quality of the pad (ie it is no longer a quality product that I used to enjoy using because I could trust it).

Libra, you have lost me as a customer and you will have to work VERY  hard for me to come back to you.  Bring on menopause!
shazatron101
5112 posts
I hate that they've stuck the pad to the wrapper - the amount of times I've opened one only to have the pad rip and break is so incredibly frustrating. I get that they have a new way to wrap them but gummon bro. For the price you are you should be quality darn it!
Kimrose
1419 posts
I know how you feel, there is nothing worse than having your usual products packaging change.  You get used to just grabbing you usual off the shelf and then you have to stop and try to find it! What a time waster!
Macs
5351 posts
I agree with you. I dunno why they changed it. I stopped buying them . Because they kept ripping.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I hear your frustration too, this is why I stopped buying that brand. I use Stayfree - the ones in the blue packet with flowers or butterflies on them. They are good. 

I find they spend so much time on making the packaging look good, that they actually forget about the comfort of the poor person wearing the damn things.

Unfortunately I can't wear tampons so rely on pads but some of them are just so darn uncomfortable. The Stayfree are good and the packaging isn't half bad lol.
Julieal
915 posts
Sometimes I think companies try and squeeze a little more profit out of a product by cutting corners but the end result is an unhappy customer.
Imoshen
461 posts
I tried U a couple of times but the colouring on the pad itself was a little off putting (it's quite arty but I don't want art in my pants, I just want something that will do the job).  The design itself is close to what Libra used to be so I'm tempted to go back to them but I might give Stayfree a go.

And yes, I too hate the new glue they are using on their plastic sleeves because if you get it on your skin, the glue sticks to you and comes off the plastic.
MareeB
5244 posts
Urgh some panty liners are the same - they stick to everything! strangely, the budget brand (New World) are the best ones I've found so far.
Kimrose
1419 posts
Maree, I have found on a few occasions that budget or own brands work just as well as the named brands, always a pleasent surprise.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Kim, Countdown did an amazing (NBR) own brand Swiss chocolate. It was only $2 a block but haven the seen it in months. I guess nobody else bought it. 
Kimrose
1419 posts
Sometimes you just have to take a chance on things, you just never know!  Thats a shame about the chocolate ;[ Suzie
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Kim, their select range tiramisu ice cream is the best I've had (and I'm a connoisseur when it comes to tiramisu!) so I still have that!

Hmmm, how'd we get from pads to ice cream lol. 
Imoshen
461 posts
It's ok, still falls under the same category as being "lifes essentials" :).

So the next essential, anyone tried Banrock Stations White Shiraz?  Perfect wine for these hot days!  It's very sweet and you need to drink it chilled.  Ahh if only I could find the 2 litre casks they used to have ....
MareeB
5244 posts
Yes, we should never overlook home brands  - there's lots of hidden gems!
tannygirl
3392 posts
   When it's come to pads I got for whatever brand is on sale and has the size I need with the wings. I did aim to go a bit more organic and so I have been using the oi brand (white box with green lettering). It's quite reasonably priced for an organic brand and the supermarkets carry them and they sell applicator tampons as well. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!