Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Let's get the BR positives flowing today

27 posts, 20 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
(because I need an injection of positives in my life this afternoon!)

What is:

-  something you love about your own appearance?
- something you love about the appearance of another (any other) BR member?
- something you love about BR?
- something you are loving product wise atm?
- something you are loving make up wise atm?

Mine are:

- my eyes :) Also, lately, quite liking the hair.

- first two things that came to mind were Trainee MUA's piercing, pretty eyes, and Lutece's dramatic, beautiful features

- everything ;)   Haha the community is extra happy and friendly lately x

- Palmolive Passionfruit shower scrub and Anna Sui make up remover.  Oh and ZA oil cleanser.

- Benefit Watts Up, Maybelline Better Skin Foundation and Covergirl Bombshell mascara
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Well hopefully this thread will create some positivity :) Now I'm sure I will have missed one. but here goes...

Own appearance:
I have a nice bone structure to my face.

A BR member's appearence:
The fact that some of you ladies show close ups at all, I hate doing close up pictures of myself.

Something you love about BR:
....all of it :P

Product:
I just brought a new Maybelline Master Drama eyeliner so I'm excited to try that out.

Make Up:
Any pallette that gives a good smokey eye.

Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Positivity is a great thing when I am so blah today so here's hoping that this helps:

Something I love about my appearance:  My eyes

Something I love about another BR member:  I love alot of BR girls and they are all gorgeous but Shazatron I love her raindow hair colours and her in general shes a sweetie and I love Jessicka's smile, Chikoboos out of the box lipstick choices that she rocks!  So many things about all of them!

Something I love about BR:  That I have learned so much about myself since joining BR.  I have learned that being myself is ok and that I should celebrate it more. 

A product I am loving:  Freedom Makeup lipsticks!  They give me the choice to be daring and standoutish or a more natural look with so many colours available.

Makeup I am loving:  I am in love with Chichi at the moment.  It's simple, and affordable but has everything a girl needs really. 
kirstyj
1732 posts
Love the positive threads! Hope you are doing OK at the moment Trudijoy.

- something you love about your own appearance?
At the moment I'm loving my shorter hair. It looks so much healthier and looks better around my face I think.
Usually I would say my eyes though... or my waist.
I love FarmersWifes skin, it always looks so lovely on instagram. Lutece's winged eyeliner is to die for. TraineeMUA's eyes are gorgeous. I love your black hair Trudijoy it looks awesome (I would love to be able to suit black hair). Chikoboo's curls. Macs' skin always looks flawless.... I could go on.
I love that there are a group of women that love discussing the same things I do :)
I don't know... oh maybe my pink Bioderma Micellar water. I just finished the Simple one and found a travel sized Bioderma in my cupboard so I'm using it up. I really think it is the best one but I haven't come up with any particular reason why.
Hmmm...The Essence Silky Touch Blush that TraineeMUA sent me is amazing. I can't believe that something so cheap could be so good! I am forever in debt to Trainee MUA for sending it to me.
mallomiss
569 posts
I'm a bit blah today too, though I'm at work & really don't want to be lol

Something I Love about my own appearance...
My legs & sometimes my eyes

Something I love about the appearnace of another BR Lady....
Ohhh so many beautiful BR members!! 
I love Shazatron's sparkle - I love Lutece's Wings - always perfect! - There's just too many beautiful women on here! 

Something I love about BR...
I love this Forum!! And the Photo Wall!! oh and the Vault!! Actually I love everything about BR

Product...
Garnier's Ultra Lift Day Cream with SPF 15 - It's so super smooth & has sorted my winter dry skin

Makeup...
Maybelline's Fit Me liquid Foundation - where has this been all my life!!! I cannot believe I only just tried this 2 weeks ago! 

trudijoy
8375 posts
thanks kirsty :)  It used to be jet black but it's actually dark brown now, just photos darker lol.

And nah not okay really but working on it.  I'll be right.
Macs
5351 posts
The suns gone looks like rain again so I'm back indoor. Thinking about an afternoon nap.

Something I like about myself is my lips. I normally say hair but it's not in a good state. I need a hair cut or dye something to pick it up.

Other BR Members theres a few:

Maree her wise words and witty comments make me smile and chuckle.

Jessikaxnz Smoky eyes and dark looks

Luteces Contouring.

Chikoboos lipsticks man they pack a punch.

Koni's Beautiful hair, Stunning I say overall.

Keri's perfect looking skin and down to earth Nature.

Binarys Nails, I wish I could rip them off her sometimes lol (Did I say that out loud)

Kirsty J's Eye colour stunning darling. Just wish she would do a close up of them they really pretty.

Something about BR: I'm ejoying the whole site at the moment. Especially Article comments interesting seeing what people think.

Product : would be my Manuka Doctor Night Cream its my skin saviour.

Make Up : Would be Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick feels really good.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Today I didn't love anything about my appearance, except my hair - My hair is probably the only thing I'm happy with 100% of the time. And all of my piercings, if they count ;-)

I love Jessickas rbf, Shana's gorgeous eyes and smile, Sophie's eyes holy BATMAN I love them, Sarah's cute face in general - I love a lot of things about a lot of BR members and if I sat here listing them all well you'd prob all get bored lol

Something I love about BR.... My favorite thing is probably the fact that I've now made two friends IRL not just over the websicles - Had I not joined I would never have met them, nor would I have daily conversations with any of you. And you all make me feel less lonely! so yay!

I am LOVING Aroma Addiction melts at the moment, if I could fill a pool and swim in it I WOULD

And a beauty product I'm loving - my Better than Sex mascara, and the Wicked LC velvetine Jess gifted me last night. It's gorrggeeouusss :D And I hate that I love it cos I don't want to give LC my money hahaha
Rezee
1964 posts
I love my hair. Its not perfect, it needs a dye and I have split ends but its really long and I just really like it!
I couldnt choose one member, I enjoy seeing all the new profile pics  with different looks and happy faces.
I love finding out about new products and makeup ideas plus connecting with others. 
I am really loving oasis apple a day cream, I swear its making my skin glow!
 my newest makeup love is my jeffree star lippy. Can't believe I waited this long to try them
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
Ooh, great thread as usual Trudi. 
I love my smile - it's not perfect but considering I've never had braces I'm more than happy with it. 
I'm also in love with... Trudi's eyes! Ugh. Gimme gimme. They are the perfect size and they absolutely pop. I also love Chikoboos eyes. You both have a perfect beauty asset right there without makeup. I love (and am totally jealous of) Farmers Wife's skin. It GLOWS and even more so now that she has been focusing on it. Aaaaand before I take up this whole thread - Sarah's freckles and nose. She is petite perfection.

I love the BR forum - it's the first thing I check. I'm currently loving the Manuka Dr skincare range, Palmolive Acai Berry body polish and The Body Shop mango body butter. Makeup wise I'm loving my Australis Fresh & Flawless powder, the Stila Kitten highlighter and Maybelline Colour Drama Velvet Lip Pencils.  
pintsize
1072 posts
Sorry you are feeling that way trudijoy, I hope you feel lively again soon.

Shaza peircings absolutely count :) feel the joy in what ever make you happy... I am wanting more tattoos but am conflicted on placement... but still cant wait [ugh just make up your mind already girl haha].

-  something you love about your own appearance? my figure! especially my backside
- something you love about the appearance of another (any other) BR member? I adore eyes and lips of many BR members... and bright hair... it wouldn't be fair to single just one out :)
- something you love about BR? Um EVERYTHING!!
- something you are loving product wise atm? Snowberry radiance Moisuriser and Aroma Addiction... sorry cant choose one.
- something you are loving make up wise atm? Eye of Horus Ultimate Brow define pencil... still love it... I have 3 back ups :/ I have a problem lol

xx

trudijoy
8375 posts
i love the positives ladies, keep them coming!

Thank you Chelsea xx  I'm lucky with my eyes, I think.  Not really even sure where they came from as noone in the family really has the big round eyes, but if I had to have a throwback somewhere I'm glad it was that lol
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
A wonderful Thread.
Trudi you're so uplifting.. Motivated encourager.(if that's a description)

Macs love to YOU for personally naming people and their attributes. You're such a sweetheart with a heart of gold.

I love BR for the sense of security. The forum the articles the reviews and the 24hours factor. Some nights I'm on here alone in the forum but that's ok.... I like that the photo wall has been introduced and that it's a team effort. .
One thing I'd love to do is meet up with the local beauties some time.

About today what I've enjoyed is that I've done nothing.... I haven't put makeup on today I was thinking about it but I thought I'd give myself a break and have a mask later on. Currently watching movies with my kids eating salt n vinegar chips lol.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
-  something you love about your own appearance?

Hmm, my skin, it's actually in pretty good condition atm. It should be the amount of effort I put into it :)

You always look so bright and cheerful in your photos Trudi!

Forums and other members

Everything Living Nature skincare[/color]

Eye shadows. I recently brought some Living Nature eyeshadows, mascara and eye pencil. They work fabulously together!
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
:D
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
something you love about your own appearance?
I like my eyes their shape and the lids how they're flat not hooded and my wrinkles have disappeared from them
Koni highlighting & makeup style & hair & makeup collection
Sophie's fotd
Definitely Kirsties lipsticks
Sarahs shadows
KirstyJ positive spirit and soft nature with an outer beauty to suit.
Trudi go get em spirit & her face of honesty, with her persistence of motivating the positive in every aspect of life. The list is endless and I don't want to leave anyone out.
I love the reviews articles and forum well in general the whole site the forum is great bc it's a personal live chat...
My product I'm loving atm Milani anti feathering lipliner primer in transparent aswell as my lippiestix
Makeup I'm loving atm is my Josie Maran Balck argan oil Mascara it's life eve if Im not wearing makeup I put this on to, it just makes me feel pretty and better bc it's such a great mascara.
trudijoy
8375 posts
keri you're such a sweetheart xx
Macs
5351 posts
Oh keri I could have gone on and on but I mite run out space too much blah blah lol

MareeB
5244 posts
Hmmn weellll:

What I like about my appearance? I have quite nice hands.

I like the appearances of every other member who has their photo up - everyone has something lovely about them, and everyone seems very talented at using products to make the most of themselves.

What I love about BR is the encouragement and support of the other members - it's a very nurturing community.

My favourite product right now? The whole Skinfood range.

My favourite make up product is Za eyeliner - thank heavens for the BRBB or I would never have known about it!

And thanks for the compliment Macs, you are always so sweet!

Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Some super sweet comments in here!

- something you love about your own appearance? 
My height, I now enjoy being a midget haa

YOU GUYS. I honestly want to list one million things about each and every one of you, but a quick few sitting on the tip of my tongue are: 
>Chelsea's smile, it seriously lights up my life
>Jessicka's lips, from day one I've been obsessed with her perfect pout
>Lutece's makeup looks, honestly, I just white girl can't
>Shannon's hilarious and bubbly personality, always bringing a light hearted giggle to the threads
>Binary's incredible eye shape, gimme! And her fab nails are always a great source of inspiration
>Koni's, I want to say beautifully exotic (is that wrong?) face and her sweet, witty comments

The forums for escaping life and the Photo Wall for inspo, plus I honestly just love seeing the talent you guys have - more photos please!

My delicious new Vanilla Lux shower gel

Napoleon Perdis BBB cream, I've been digging the natural look and it's soo much quicker to apply than foundation. Plus I love the SPF 30. Slip, slop, slap and wrap!
Ringy
825 posts
-I love my hair- I always have - it's a true love relationship because I still love it even when it's misbehaving, or unhealthy or split or going grey which it's doing all of at the moment but I still love it. 
-I won't say much about anyone else's appearance as you can't judge a book by its cover but I'm impressed with the sense of community and happy, written personalities of people on BR.
- Loving every aspect of BR - I like the being able to comment on pretty much everything- every article, review etc- and I like reading everyone's comments too.
-I got a Paula's Choice Resist Intensive Wrinkle Repair serum sample in a sub box and it's is super impressive.
-I'm loving using my real techniques buffing brush to apply my foundation- it just seems to be a perfect finish for my skin. Elizabeth Arden eye fix primer and highlighting pen #2 are also getting a steady workout lately.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Aww this thread was so lovely reading. Thanks trudi and thanks for the love ladies.

something you love about your own appearance? Learning to live my skin. I've been teased about it all my life about how sore and red it would go even bled! Now with the BR babe's pointing me in the direction of the right skincare it's working.

- something you love about the appearance of another (any other) BR member? Heck! So many things about so many gorgeous ladies. Without listing them all.. Koni always has the most beautiful things to say. Chikoboo and Kirstyj are so knowledgeable about everything ive ever needed to ask, my bank crys as money vanishes. I love sitting back and watching how so many ladies that have grown. It's like watching many butterflies..

- something you love about BR? The diverse conversations and genuine love for most
- something you are loving makeup ise atm? Makeup geek shadows... cue Homer Simpson drool

- something you are loving product wise atm? The Palmolive shower gels.
Lutece
1849 posts
What a great thread! And can I just say I choked on my spaghetti & meat balls seeing my name mentioned not only in your post Trudi but also on a few other lovely BR ladies, you guys have made my day!

Now lets get this late night BR vibes rolling tonight :

Something I like about my own appearance? I find that extremely hard to say, my face is just like a blank canvas & my body is a series of marshmallows (served best with hot chocolate). I would have to say that I like how I am extremely flexible I am.

Something I love about the appearance of another BR member?
I will start with you Trudi, I love your smile & your eyes, and the thing I love the most about you is your attitude, your very optimist and kind.

Jessikanz I love your face, you have the most cutest pout and that RBF is the hottest I have ever seen!

Sarahbeautynz Your beauty is astounding, and your eyes pierce a hole right through me, I love your eyes so much.

I am obsessed with Koni's beauty, her warm skin tone and her cheekbones, I am in love with her face!

There are so many BR members that I am in awe of their beauty

What I love about BR? The loving community, and very down to earth

Something I love product wise: Estee lauder Double wear concealer & foundation, I wish I used the concealer ages ago

Something Im loving makeup wise would be smokey under eyes xxx
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
This is such a great thread!Something I love about my own appearance...Would be eyes and smile :)

Something I love about the apperance of another BR member...There are a few ladies on here that inspire me with their beauty and talents I can't name you all but I follow most of you and think you are all beautiful and gorgeous in every way xx

Something I love about BR...The team behind the scene! You guys rock and are an amazing bunch of people. I also love the community feel on the forum :)

Something I love product wise atm...epiology anti acne skincare products, My skin is amazing because of this product. I've struggled with acne since I was a teen using numerous products to try help with alot of fails and at 26 my skin is now the clearest it's ever been.

Something I love Make up wise atm...Lipstick! agghh where has it been all my life, I currently have one but I love it. I am saving currently so I can collect Jeffree star Velour Liquid Lipsticks. I've seen them all over IG and I'm INLOVE!
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
[color=#291b29]- something you love about your own appearance?[/color]
My eyes c:

[color=#291b29]-something you love about the appearance of another (any other) BR member?
Don't even get me started on the BR girls, you're all so stunning, don't make me choooooooooose. [/color]

[color=#291b29]-something you love about BR?[/color]
[color=#291b29]Being able to come here and know no matter how mcuh I get crazy about make up, no one will judge (and odds are, everyone will join in).

-something you are loving product wise atm?[/color]
[color=#291b29]My Lush Eau Roma toner water and my Trilogy moisturizer from the BRBB omg that stuff smells like oranges.

-something you are loving make up wise atm?
My Anastasia Shadow Couture palette, it is so freaking amazing I can't even handle it. Also my Essence Cream to Powder highlight <3

Thank you to everyone who said lovely things about me, this really brightened up my day <3 <3 I love you all so much.[/color]

Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Something you love about your own appearance
I love my eyes - or should I say my eyelashes, they are super thick so don't need mascara

Something you love about the appearance of another BR Member
There are so many gorgeous BR Members on here that I couldn't choose, you are all beautiful in each and every way xx

Something you love about BR
What I love most about BR is how giving they are and how hard they work to make us all feel special xxx

Something you are loving product wise at the moment
Mine would have to be the product I'm trialling at the moment - Skin Physics Dragon Blood Sculpting Gel, its such a beautiful product.  Also Bossy Cosmetics Coffee Scrub, I've seen such great results with this product, another holy grail of mine and had a mild panic attack when I thought I had ran out lol

Something you are loving makeup wise at the moment
Mine would have to be Petit Clearing BB Cream - my holy grail and it has been for so long
trudijoy
8375 posts
I just re-read this and was smiling very wide by the end.  Love it, ladies x

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!