Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Kind of NBR - Gaining self confidence

14 posts, 9 members
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
So today I told my mum that at my next hair appt in a couple of weeks I'm getting some purple added to the bottom of my Ombre - her reaction was to say 'Oh god no - I hope you're not serious'
Now I'm still doing it, I'm sure my hairdresser is going to make it look awesome, but it has just made me think all afternoon about the fact that my first instinct was to just agree that it's a stupid idea.

I hate that I worry so much about what people think about how I look, I guess I'm just asking if anyone has any tips on how to shut that voice up saying that you'll just look stupid?
MareeB
5239 posts
You'll look awesome, go for it :)
Macs
5351 posts
Be a rebel and do it. I always did the opposite of what mum told me and boy did I learn a few lessons lol. Go for it girl! 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
You will absolutely rock it! I have that little voice if someone passes judgement on my style and I'll usually go with safe and predictable but lately with the help of my partner he's encouraged me to be true to myself, be my own person and own it! I won't live for anyone else but myself :)

So do it! And while you are doing it tell yourself every step of the way how amazing you'll look and feel! Once it's done embrace the feeling of total achievement that you did it for you :) x
MareeB
5239 posts
Amy can you please post something? I can't stand the 3 x 6s
MareeB
5239 posts
Oh and Amy, your pic looks smashing!!
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Posting them 6s away Maree xx
trudijoy
8375 posts
i used to let other peoples opinions colour what was acceptable for me but - and this is after battling eating disorders, depression, and going through a phase where I 'knew' i was so ugly that when I went outside everyone would be repulsed, i've discovered the following:

- for everyone who has a negative opinion on a look, theres someone who absolutely loves it 
- those with strong opinions about other people are generally too scared to try new things
- its your face/head/body/hair/whatever and at the end of the day you're only answerable to yourself
- gut feeling is often right and if you think something will look good, chances are it will
- if you believe in yourself, and trust yourself to make decisions, no matter what they are about, your relationship with yourself gets stronger

meanwhile, that ombre sounds gorgeous! <3
-
Koni
444 posts
I find by allowing the negative voice to shape my decisions I actually make it my reality when really I want the opposite. Don't give it life - you want purple locks with your awesome ombre? Rock it!
MareeB
5239 posts
Thanks Amy - I'm not superstitious, but I don't like that number!
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I think only you can decide what you think will look good on you. If it didn't work out though, just remember you can always wear your hair up and redye it. But I think it sounds awesome.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Do it!!! You do your hair for yourself, not anybody else. I re-did my hair this week, and now it's only 2 colors, one on each side like a weird kind of Cruella de Vil. My mother looked at it today and said "Oh... Do you like your hair like that?" And my response was yes, yes I did. I don't color my hair for other people to enjoy, I do it because it's what I like. So, dye your hair if you want, don't listen to anyone else except yourself about what you what. :-D 
Ksjc_nz
370 posts
Thanks everyone :) I think I need to consciously work on just pushing through the insecurity and owning up to what I want and like :) 

lol I'm 31 this year and there have been so many things I haven't done because of an 'Oh really?' comment from someone - time to change it!!
Kimrose
1415 posts
Follow YOUR head and heart. Rock the purple doll xx

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!