Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Junk free June

26 posts, 19 members
-Bex-
611 posts
So it's nearly June (how did that happen?) anyway who is participating in Junk free June? Are you just doing it for yourself? or have you created a campaign and fundraising for cancer society? Are you doing it solo or part of a group?

I really want to sign up and quit sweets and chocolate they are my biggest weakness, takeaway's don't really bother me. I think this would be a great motivator for me to give up the treats while fundraising for a fab cause. 

Who else is doing this or has done this? Or does anybody want to join me before I sign up to the website and we will do it together? 
BeautyCutie
130 posts
I have been thinking about this and I can't decide if I want to do it or not! Friends of mine have given it a go and really enjoyed it, cutting out all forms of processed snacks, sugar, etc. Best of luck if you decide to go ahead with it! 
It sounds like a great idea. Maybe a team could be set up of beauty reviews. I know I couldn't do it :( don't have strong enough will power and all those temptations my gosh. Keep us up to date I would happily donate :)
chikoboo
3402 posts
Forgot that was a thing to be honest.  As I am unemployed as of Friday at 5pm I plan on spending the next few months decluttering and condensing our life down as I hate mess and the long hours we normally pull sees us both too shattered at the end of the day to do anything and it becomes a chore over a short weekend to try and relax at the same time.   So on Monday I put my housewife hat on and I am going to tackle a room fully a week so by the end of June, early start of July I should be junk free.  Planning to sell some pieces along with donate pieces and some will end up in the bin no doubt.  Kind of looking forward to it to be honest, especially the getting organised and being clutter free.  Can feel the sense of calm already.

In regards to giving up junk food, hmmm being converting over to a vegeterian lifestyle for the past 2 months, so have cut heaps of junk already.  Sweets however I just have a hard time with, my sweet tooth takes over and I turn into the most unbearable acting like a toddler adult ever imagined.  I get mega sulks, which sees the hubby hiding behind the sofa throwing chocolate and gummy sweets to sooth me hehehe.  
Macs
5351 posts
Ive never done a junk free june before. I have heaps of birthdays in that month. I know I would fail it. Thats awesome that your doing that Bex.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Good luck with your declutter Chikoboo :) I too have never heard of junk free June, but something I could be interested in participating in. Shall go and find more information about it. Good luck Bex :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
I could be tempted but I think I will have a bit too much stress on my mind and when I'm stressed I turn to junk food - mostly candy or chocolate. Good luck to you though Bex, I wish you luck xx
MareeB
5242 posts
That's a great idea. I'd been keen to try it. My resolve is usually every bit as weak as my willpower tho....
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
I thought about it but I don't think I could do it. Good luck if you do.
Kimrose
1418 posts
I have never heard of this! Where have I been?  Over the last year I have discovered that I have a sweet tooth, I used to be a real savory gal, but now, omg...sweets.  Maybe it those horrid little hormones, I just dont know. I wish you the very best I will not participate because I know it will be a fail on mine and my hormones part :(

-Bex- you soooooooo have to do this for all of us ????
trudijoy
8375 posts
def not a thing I do.  With a history of ED behaviour, I'm pretty careful about fads and things.  I can see the benefit and logic in it but it's a pretty slippery slope for me.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I do eat pretty healthy but do like a few squares of chocolate or some chips here and there. Chips are more of my weakness.
MrsRosie
214 posts
Yay go Bex! You'll be surprised how fast the month goes. I have alot of friends who do Junk Free June, but for me I eat healthy 95% of the time so I choose not to do it.

I have however participated in Dry July a couple of times (While I was working for a Winery, which then I got interviewed by a local newspaper about - they thought I was mad) Then after I completed that I signed up for Hello Sunday Morning and completed a whole year Alcohol free. I dont/didnt have a drinking problem, but even not to have a wee tipple on your birthday or Christmas is a good test of willpower!

Good luck - you can do it!!
Artemis
311 posts
Best of luck to those of you up for the challenge - I couldn't handle it! I justify my lolly addiction though - every month is 'dry July' for me, and I don't smoke either so I've got to have a 'vice' somehow!
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Lol nope for me! I have tried cutting out just chocolate and sweets and failed in the first week. So good luck to whoever is up for it!
-Bex-
611 posts
So.... I've done it, I've sign up!! Now thinking what the heck have I done I can barely go a day without chocolate. Actually excited! Now to get donations 
Emily-jane
314 posts
Good on you bex. I am very tempted to do this just for myself and donate money to others who have signed up. 
Ringy
825 posts
I think you should all wash your mouths out with a dirty big can of coke and never talk of such a thing again!! I think I'd more than make up for it when July came around with a massive binge! I like the idea of a junk free (de cluttered) house though. 
-Bex-
611 posts
Haha Ringy when July comes I will either pig out or won't touch it and probably feel gross thinking about it. haha I'm kinda scared to admit how much I actually eat per day :/ 
Ringy
825 posts
We go through about 6-8 bags of chips a week. Me mainly- a midday or midnight snack. I leave about a quarter left in the bag, then the kids eat it so I technically haven't eaten the whole bag myself. 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Congratulations Bex! I'll happily donate! I'll definitely be sitting this one out after reading up about it. Once having a good think junk foods are quite loved in this household, I couldn't survive lol
Rajvee2588
221 posts
Haaammmm junk free June. That's awesome bex. In our house whole year is junk free.....lol...sometime I insist to have some junk food otherwise I never get some sweets. 

i love junk food.... Ice cream and blueberry muffins are my weakness.
mitsify
3 posts
I am doing Junk Free June again this year all signed up for fundraising such a great cause as well as giving up junk this year I will also be committing to exercising 5 times a week too
-Bex-
611 posts
Yay Mitsify! How are you going? I am finding it hard. All the times I feel like I'm crashing i would normally eat chocolate and now I've replaced it with sunflower seeds, nuts and dried fruit, it's not the same :( 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Mitsify good on you! :)?Bex stay positive! I have faith that you will get through, I couldn't imagine the will power it must take to not go near the junk foods but all the more power to you! what a huge achievement come the end of the month....YOU GOT THIS!!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!