Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

JORDANA MAKE UP PRODUCTS

32 posts, 32 members
Anjeleka
3 posts
Hey guys!
I'm interested about what y'all think about the Jordana make up range?
I'm personally not a fan, but I know a lot of people are. What are your reasons for liking the products (apart from the price)? How about why you don't like them?

thanks guys! :)
BeautyGirl
162 posts
i have only tried one of the matte lipsticks and the eye primer , the eye primer is amazing! it cost me like $4 and i have had it for 3-4 months now - it works really well and would get again only down side would be it goes all funny and lumpy after about 3 months so you need to replace it but hey for $4 bucks you cant go wrong? and also the lipstick i have is also really good :)
MissQT
1547 posts
I've never tried any of their make up, but have heard their lipsticks aren't too bad. I've only tried their nail polish and it was alright, pretty good for the price. Where's the best place to buy jordana from? Is it the same brand that's sold in dollar stores?
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I have there eyebrow powder and it is super good for the price and is great for the price
Cat
474 posts
I adore their lip balm stains (similar to the revlon kissable balm stains) I think I've raved about them here before ;) 

ive also tried one of their mascara, it's got great reviews but I wasn't wowed by it and gave it away. Can't remember why exactly so I'm not too helpful there! 

I also have have the 12hr liquid eyeliner pencil in black and purple. The purple is horrendous! It flaked and got in my eye and was horrible to get out! The black is different though so not a very consistant product there! 

Luckily it's a cheap brand to experiment with, I buy from beauty joint. 
NatsR
61 posts
I think for the price what you get is pretty good :) I adore the blush's - they are so pigmented and smooth!
clairelouise
134 posts
Jordana blushes are to die for! The quality is fantastic, they're creamy & pigmented & the colours are beautiful. I also love their nail polishes, the formula is so easy to apply & very opaque, you can get away with one coat easily! Their eyeshadows, eyeliners and lip liners are also firm favourites of mine. Products I don't like - clear brow gel, this did nothing for me & I felt as thought I was applying thick water and the standard plain mascara, again it did nothing for me! I also don't like their lipsticks but this is only due to the hideous packaging! 
melissam
2 posts
Jordana does have some really good Items for the price!
I love there coral sandy beach blush and the lipsticks have a good range of colours and are really good quality. Also the lipliner pencils are great & highly recommended.
The powder foundation has very good coverage and velvety smooth finish  BUT broke me out (alot of make up does though).
Oil free Liquid foundation is bad as it has zero coverage and is thick and sticky consistency.
The eyeliner pencils drag on the eye as the formula isn't creamy enough. The nail polishes are good quality.
Some of the Jordana products do def live up to the hype that they are getting though!
OMG! I am inlove with Jordana!

If you are going to get anything get the twist & shine moisturising balm stain.

HOLY COW! This thing is amazing. I have it in four different shades and wow let me tell you - stays on better than Revlon and doesn't dry your lips out. Also the scent - it smells tropical.

Plus @ $3-$5 a lipstick you can't go wrong.

Ah I'm obsessed with this brand. I also have the face powder, lip liners and brow pencils and they are good too.
Angell
182 posts
Oh Gosh. I was searching to see if anybody have raised a discussion about Jordana as I am now a fan. I was just about to start one! Okay, so firstly, I thought it was made in China as I always just see in the $2 shops. I have used (and in some cases are still using) the eyeliner (really awesome!) lip cream/gloss (loved the 2 colours I chose and it wasn't worse than anything else out there) and the blush (love my brown). Over the weekend we went away and as hubby and a friend went on a beer tour so I had a few hours to myself. When it was time to meet them, I saw a $2 so went to have a look and though I might as well buy some cheap stuff....

I bought a pink blusher (love it on my skin!!), eye shadow (really just as good as the revlon I normally use), a base coat for my nails to help with split nails etc (will let you know how that works) and a top coat to give extra shine and dry your nails in 60 secs. Yes, I know. The last sounds hard to believe and I wasn't sure I would believe but for $4....you might as well try. Did my nails last night. First the base coat - dries really quickly. First think coat of blue and when that was dry I did put another coat on. Left it for about 5 mins then put the top coat over. I kid you not! I was in bed 30mins later and woke up this morning with my nails actually being harder than usual (which is great for me), no smudges or anything like that. So, I think Im in love with Jordana products. Yes, I'm sure not all of them are great, and that it doesn't work for everyone, but I can recommend the top coat quick dry one for anybody that struggles with smudge nail that are so soft it breaks when you look at them
cindybee
14 posts
Everyone raves about Jordana matte lippies! I really want to try some however the only shops around me sell them really overpriced $5 for a lipstick.
honey76
16 posts
I have heaps of the lippies. It is good way to try out a different colour without a big expense if you don't like it. Then if you do, you might decide to shell out a bit more for a similar colour in a more expensive brand and not have the worry if it will suit you or not. Thats what I do sometimes anyway. I also agree the lip pencils are great. Also the brow powder is a winner for me. The single eyeshadows are pretty good but your really need a decent eye primer the get the best from the matte ones. Which leads me to..the eye primer. For $4 its pretty impressive. I wouldnt say its the best ever eye primer. But for the price it's worth trying. And I have just bought a couple of the long wear lip glosses. Holy cow the colour is amazing. Good depth. And long lasting.. totally. You do need to coat with the gloss on the other end of the tube though. Or your lips will dry up like old prunes in no time. I will be buying all the above products again.
geolowry
26 posts
Everyone on makeup obsessives has been raving about jordanna products but i have never gotten around to trying any out for myself!! I know they are heap and you haven't really got a lot to lose but. Are they really worth the hype?
Samantha-Jayne
12 posts
I have 20 of their lipsticks and absolutly LOVE them! The best lash extreme mascara is also awesome the brush isnt fantastic but I pop it on with the brush then use a different mascara brush to even it out. I have a few blushes which are so pigmented
I personally haven't tried any of their products but I hear so many people go on about their lipsticks, i've seen them in two dollar shops before and they have a good range of colours, but i've never been able to bring myself to buy anything. Ahh now I might have to go buy a few
the lipsticks are to die for , not only do they have a great range and good lasting power , they also smell divine !
i also like the eyeshadow primer , its great quality .
the pressed powder , nail polishes and liquid eyeliners are pretty awesome too !
shae
5 posts
I have used some Jordana products, yet I have never tried their most popular product - the lipsticks. I am so excited to try the matte range, which everyone always raves about!  

So first, I have used the concealer (for about 3 weeks) , as it was only $4.50 (how could I go wrong) and I have to say, it's fantastic! I have tanned skin, so it is always so hard finding a concealer that isn't too light or to orange for me. However, the colour I got (Beige 04) suits me perfectly, and for the price, covers quite a lot. Also really easy to blend. 

Secondly, on not such a nice note, the liquid eyeliner. I have had this product for about a year now, and I got the black one. It is terrible! Sorry Jordana, but it flakes and it is so hard to apply! I used it about five or so times (most of the times I was so desperate) and honestly it makes a horrible mess everywhere. 

So overall, I think this brand is pretty good. And for the price, how could you go wrong? If it doesn't work, then it's okay because you really haven't lost anything.
chippypalmer
54 posts
I tried the jordana lime lipgloss, I didn't like it, it wasn't moisturising enough but maybe thats because my normal is amazing. Its almost watery/oily when you put it on. I also have tried their nailpolish which was pretty good. My $2 doesn't seem to have a very good range so I might have to try elsewhere.

Lutece
1849 posts
Jordana is such an old brand! I use to buy it from chemists back in the day, i still have a few eyeliners which arent too bad, but i have heard their lipsticks are pretty good!
aimeenicole
1 posts
Recently bought a few of their lipsticks and I love them! Great colour pay off and long lasting for the price!
Shazzaali
45 posts
I've tried their liquid eyeliners and they werent too bad. There were two different kinds though, I cant remember the names. One was better than the other, comparable to brands like rimmel. The other one came in different colours and wasnt that great, was a bit watery and had to apply two coats. It didnt last all day and kinda rubbed off by the end of the day. All good if you're wearing it out for a few hours. Price no doubt is fantastic so worth your while if you are new to make up or wana try some new colours etc. I like to use the "better" liquid eyeliner which only cost something like $4 for work so I can save by more expensive ones for going out.
Kaelani
6 posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1QxC4QFFxg

Hi ladies,

Jordana lipsticks & blush are phenomonal. For a lipstick/blush that is so cheap in price you would expect it to only last a little while and the colour lacking in pigment. This isn't the case with the Jordana line. I've done over 46 swatches of Jordana lippy and I really, really enjoy them. There is very little difference in the colouring from packaging to applying. The above link is a jordana make-up haul. It helped me decide which products to invest in (the ones available to NZ anyhow). All jordana products are also animal testing free :-)

The blushes are creamy and vibrant. Really great blush!
I guess it all depends on personal preference but I think Jordana have quite a few products worth investing in.
defecktive
14 posts
I have heard amazing things about their ipsticks and the mascara. Guess I am finally going to track some down to buy tomorrow!
mlhx
3 posts
i loveee jordana, never thought id like a cheapy $2 shop brand as much as i do, they are cruelty free too which is amazing!  im obsessed with the best lash macsara, matte lippys (eggplant is my FAVE) lip liners blush and their fabuliner liquid liner, all priced from $3-$5 off beautyjoint 
kayxcake
422 posts
omg I feel like im the only one that's like... anit-Jordana in the makeup world! 
SandyGedge
394 posts
I like some of their products and some not so much. I feel that it's a good brand to experiment with as it's cheap. I've only recently started wearing lipstick and am experimenting with different colours so Jordana is perfect for that.
Kellyleanne
551 posts
Kayxcake I'm with you, I wasn't too impressed either, I found jordana so drying for my lips 
Krystina
11 posts
I like a lot of the Jordana products. The price is perfect for a poor student like myself! 
I have a lot or the nail polishes, easy to apply, huge range of colours, very opaque and perfect for nail art. 
Im new to wearing lipsticks so these are the first ones I purchased and now this is mainly the only brand of lippy I own. So creamy and smooth to apply and lasts on lips for ages. 
Love, love, love the powder foundation, once you find your perfect shade it's amazing. 
The oil free liquid foundation on the other hand is horrible :( patchy, orange and shiny, not a good look 
Ive only tried the concealer but that seems to do the trick. I quite like it and would buy it again :)
melly650
375 posts
I love the smell, pigmentation and lasting power of the lippies. The matte ones dont smell as good, but they stay on so long!

The blushes have a great pigment as well and the pressed powders are good for their money's worth.

I like the lipliners, but I dont use them as often as some of my better brands.
MicheleC
419 posts
The lipsticks that are in the silver packaging are great. They are the non matte ones. I have 5 colours and love all expect 1. I have Cherry which I adore and Holiday Red which is just a big redder than the Cherry. I then have Fuchsia and Raspberry both pink and great colours. The Cranberry I am not so keen on.

I recently bought the retractable lip liner in Sedona Red (the skinnier packaging) and Sugar Plum in the thicker packaging with the light grey lid (retractable). They are both really great. I wear the Sugar Plum by itself or with a bit of pink lip balm on top.

I also got the mascara with the green lid - this is fantastic. The brush is quite big and I really love the formula. It doesn't glug up the brush, which means it goes on without clumping.

I have been tempted to try the blush but I restrained myself as I have enough blush to last for a while lol. 
Marcel
335 posts
I'd never heard of this brand before, will look for it next time I'm in the dollar store.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!