Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Is your makeup 'station' in tip top condition?

40 posts, 30 members
alyshajayne
92 posts
So I have spent most of today having a makeup clean out and clean up, then I moved my whole beauty setup from my bedroom to the bathroom.

This made me think, eeek if yesterday I had had to take a picture of that area and share it I would have been ashamed hehe. ;-)

So! If you were to take a picture right now and post it would it be the envy of us all or something you'd rather keep secret? What is your beauty area like? :-)
-Bex-
611 posts
I just did this in the weekend it always seems like a great idea at the time until you actually start sorting through things and it's like why did I even start!! So right now I'm feeling organised I have all makeup in little tray/basket type things 1for lips, one for shadows etc etc, then one with all my skin care then a mahoosive basket with all Lush/scrubs etc and the rest got put in drawers to be sort further. I have zero bathroom space but thankfully loads of bedroom space and the bedroom smells amazing. 
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I have super limited space and try to keep stuff as high as possible due to my 2 year old brother, so this is what mine looks like right now.

-Bex-
611 posts
traineeMUA I can so relate having things as high as possible with toddlers. Luckily our door handles are high and the smaller kids can't reach them. 
chikoboo
3402 posts
The only bonus of not being able to have kiddies is having room I guess, my 3rd bedroom has been converted into my makeshift (until we get our new house as we currently rent) makeup room so I have lots of space....not to gloat of course.   I am a stickler for having neat and clean areas so once a week when washing my makeup brushes,  I dust the whole room, wipe down everything and clean out anything that I know if bin worthy.  Changing it around as I go, it's another one of those quirks, I like to move things around, drives the hubby batty especially when I get the whim to do the kitchen it is weeks of "honey where is this or that" at least he can't say I'm dull hahaha!

This photo is a few months old but you get the idea makeupstation 
mallomiss
569 posts
ahhh I need to sort mine out desperately! 
I was looking for a set of keys the other day & realised I have make up everywhere!!! 
I'm going to do a huge cull I think... Might be my Monday job
alyshajayne
92 posts
Same goes for me with the toodlers around! We also have high door handles thank god! I've finally finished the sorting and it feels so good now! But I did have many moments of wishing I haden't started ;) 

Love the pic TraineeMUA :D I have only just purchased a makeup mirror and I'm in love with it, not sure how I coped without! 
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Mine is pretty tidy and in acrylic drawers on a dresser. My day to day stuff is in a makeup bag as I do my makeup at the gym in the mornings.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Mines all tidy. It's all in sections perfumes, lips, shadows and palettes with skincare area
shazatron101
5112 posts
My is my bed side table, and I put my huge mirror on the windowsill to help see better and cos of all the wonderful natural light. It is in tip top shame though, I did a massive clean out a week or so ago and its gorgeous again :D I don't have a bed side table anymore, but my phone still fits on there to charge so I'm not bothered haha ;-)
ladythorn
108 posts
Mine needs a complete over haul..  I have makeup from one end of the house to the other. We have a really small house so I don't really have my own little spot to keep it all at the moment (Roll on house buying!!). I feel like I get shimmied all around the house most days! 
chloednz
217 posts
Mine is currently tidy, I try and do mine every few days as I have such limited space and otherwise I can never find anything when I'm in a rush. Seems I have become a bit of a blush collector so just had to rejig everything so that I have space for them all and can see what I have. Would love some more space and better light to work with!
Macs
5351 posts
Its a big mess at the moment lol I need some storage and start clearing out all the old make up.
kknz
82 posts
My is usually tidy & contained in a small set of drawers that are on wheels with a basket on top of it for all my skin care, but I'm trying to pack for an overseas trip so I have stuff everywhere!! 
kirstyj
1732 posts
Mine is a mess at the moment! I recently cleaned out quite a bit so it can all sit on top of my dresser. But whenever new products come into the mix they get put on the dresser and they haven't found a home yet so it is all a bit messy.
MareeB
5239 posts
I have stuff spread everywhere - not literally spread, but stored in 50 different locations. I am not worthy of this thread :(
trudijoy
8375 posts
Nope. Total shambles! Oh well....
DianaN
143 posts
Just like the rest of my room... all to be kept a secret. Any visitors - closed doors it is! 
I just keep putting off cleaning, even though it is desparately needed.
Rezee
1964 posts
I have all of my spare, extras etc stored on top of my drawers in goodieboxes and memeboxes. I think its reasonably tidy, its just very crowded as I have a lot to fit in a small space. 
for my currently used products,  I bought a plastic organiser from kmart that is open with lots of compartments for everything I need so I have palettes, brushes, eye makeup everything in there so I can streamline my morning process and that is pretty organised because I dont mix up each little compartment. 
Mila
1209 posts
Chikaboo your set up is perfect!! If I had the room I would do it :) mines all kept in those big makeup cases that open up with a thousand layers and trays and pull outs all with their own little areas... I love it
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Does makeup station include bathroom sink? Because if it does, it's unorganised lol x
pintsize
1072 posts
The area I used to use is still a bit of a mess to be honest but since my new table arrived it is still pretty tidy (and I intend to keep it that way).  Anything still left on the old area at the end of the week is getting boxed or binned.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Not really tidy but all is kept in a few places, moisturisers beside the bed, perfume and some makeup in wardrobe, brushes and other makeup in hallway by bathroom and rest in my hand bag.
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Kinda, it's the kitchen table atm. I really want a dressing table though and looking out for a small one.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I have a couple of make up bags and everyday make up in my handbag. So it's contained but doesn't look that cool.
alikat
423 posts
Mine is so tidy OMG. I have a large scotch chest in the bedroom, and I wish I had room to have a vanity setup. I could use one of our two spare rooms, but I think my husband would freak out as we often have people staying and so me going in and out of their rooms wouldn't be cool.

The chest of drawers has small drawers at the top and three of the four smallest drawers have my makeup. 

Drawer One
- Lipstick holders x2
- Tray of Lipliners
- Tray of Lip Pencils
- Tray of Lipglosses

Drawer Two
- Eyeliner Tray
- Mascara Tray
- Double sized tray with cream eyeshadows/eyeliners/brow pomade

Drawer Three
- All compacts
- Primer Tray
- Hair tie/clip tray

In Ikea Skubb boxes in Underwear drawer
Deordorants, foundations, Fix+, skincare, makeup removers etc. Stuff that is too tall for the other drawers.

On top of scotch chest
Two letter sorters of palettes and three vases of brushes plus my ultra large toner bottle, nail polish remover and MAC brush cleaner

On Shelf in Wardrobe behind mirrored doors
All my perfumes on a tray, spares of all my products that haven't been opened that I'm hoarding for future use inside Ikea Skubb boxes on shelves. 

Phew. Anyone want pictures? LOL. The fourth really small drawer in the chest has important things in it that I would lose given half a chance.  There is a large middle drawer that isn't wide, but is very deep and my husband uses that to hoard all of his perfumes and he has quite a collection. 

k3r1pakai
1185 posts
I've wanted all different types of storage systems but today I went into warehouse and couldn't resist a sale bought me a 4 drawer A4 plastic unit for 13.99. Now it seems I need more makeup.
Macs
5351 posts
Those drawers sound good keri.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Check out the site Macs, I couldn't walk away from $13 & they'll do for now.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
I just posted my little set up to the wall last weekend, and yeah it pretty much tends to stay like that, mostly because I don't have room to let things get unorganised haha. It makes life easy as I always know where things are though :)
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I have been on the hunt for an acrylic organiser so the longest time, and one that was not ridiculously expensive.. but alas it is not meant to be because it has been a year and i can not find one! Might have to go to the warehouse and pick that $13 one up. Will help me organise the chaos for now atleast
alikat
423 posts
Binarybeauty - Howards Storage World have ones that are a dupe for the Muji large two drawer acrylics for $40 I've noticed. I'm tempted to go and look at them, although, the whole having acrylic stuff makes me nervous as I prefer to keep my stuff in the dark so it lasts longer.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
My makeup station is a basket lol It currently sits on the top of my very high draws where little miss toddler can not reach it. I'd really love a set of draws for our bathroom but we just don't have the space in there so I'll most likely look at getting some for the bedroom where the toddler can't get into them. So 99.9% of the time my makeup station is  rather well organised and clean lol
StayClassy-xo
240 posts
Mine's quite clean at the moment.  But no matter what I always end up with foundation/concealer smudges on the desk top, and then there's the pesky but much loved mineral powder foundation that seems to land on it no matter how careful I am :)  
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I ended up buying those draws for the Warehouse. They are not my dream storage solution, but they will help tidy things up for now, and they were only $12 which is just too good to resist
Only just saw your post Alikat $40 is really affordable. I dont have one of those shops near me, but i had a quick look online and could not find it. Will have to have a big look later
alikat
423 posts
BinaryBeauty - found them here : link
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Thanks Alikat ?I will check the link out now
hmm with shipping being 12 bucks it works out to be around $50. A bit pricy, when i would need two. Unless ofcourse i just buy one for now, and buy another one later. Will have to give it a think over. Thanks again ?Alikat
MissQT
1547 posts
I really need to tidy mine up. I have all my makeup on a shelf. I have one if those plastic lipstick holders, then I have two pencil cups, one for pencils and one for brushes.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!