Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

12 posts, 8 members
MareeB
5241 posts
Hey ladies I've been reading the reviews and scouring the net, looking for an IPL or HPL that doesn't cost more than my car. Any ideas? $600 - $800 just isn't going to happen unfortunately.....
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Hey Maree. I saw your comment on the i light pro review I did. To me this machine is amazing. I have seen it listed on trade me for various prices and they are virtually brand new. Try looking there as something may pop up :-)
MareeB
5241 posts
I will, thanks Lisa. They certainly sound good.
Macs
5351 posts
If only I could splurge that much. I read most of the reviews and its highly rated. Off to check Trade me out .
Ringy
825 posts
I've found with both at home and professional- you really need to have the right kind of hair to begin with to get good results over its not worth it. Mine is fair but I do have darker on my body- but it knows so some areas it works better than others - just in case you are disappointed with results take this as a warning. 
Qweenkaren
313 posts
I'm on the look out for one of these too Maree, hook me up if you find a good option. Farmers have the $800 discounted & they sometimes have the homeopathic (or something) one on special too... might wait for that next special.
MareeB
5241 posts
I will Karen, You and I have our budgets to think of tho....
Imoshen
461 posts
I keep meaning to update my review after using it for around 4 months.  

I have quite fine, blonde hair so it hasn't been as effective as it would on darker hair but I'm still very happy with my purchase.  I have had 3 ingrown hairs and no longer spend hours picking them out with sharp pointed tweezers.  I have "bald" patches on my legs where hair isn't growing.  Shaving will give me smooth results for at least two days before the fuzz comes through.

Speaking of fuzz, it's soft, not sharp pointy bits of hair so I feel I can shave when *I* want to not because it's feels horrible.

I have used it on my bikini line and had amazing results there.  Again, soft hair that grows back slowly and sparsely.

It's a lot of money and you can't expect immediate results but with a bit of patience I've seen some pleasant results from it.
JessB
219 posts
I'm in the same boat of wanting one but not being able to afford one...Thought perhaps I could buy one with my two sisters and thus have turns using it. Is that normal??
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Jess if your sisters are willing, my suggestions would be plan on using different days and a pack of alcohol or sanitizer wipes if you can't get replacement heads for the unit.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
I agree with the hair and skin needing to be right for the product. I am pale with dark hair so am a perfect candidate which is why I have had such amazing results. Jess that is a great idea! I don't see why not as long as the machine is cleaned after each person uses it :-)
Imoshen
461 posts
I did remember reading somewhere that it's suitable to pass around people because it's not breaking the skin in anyway so therefore quite safe and hygienic for a few people to use.

They suggest you use it once every two weeks too so you can easily come up with a schedule :).

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!