Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Ingredients to Avoid with Sensitive Eyes?

5 posts, 5 members
mimo13
1 posts
I'm after some help - I seem to have really sensitive eyes that get irritated by a lot of things - unfortunately it seems a lot of things that go on or near your face (eye creams / gels, moisturisers, face washes, shampoos etc etc) are the worst culprits. Does anyone know of any particular ingredients that might be the cause of this? My eyes get very itchy, feel dry and go red. I can then try to avoid them and not look like I've spent the previous week crying!
MareeB
5242 posts
Hmmmn thats a hard one, maybe you coud try some natural things like honey (or my old favourite egg white face pack),  carrier oils and essential oils and see if those type of products work better than commercially made ones? otherwise it may be a process of elimination. It must be very annoying, I hope you find the answer xx
Mila
1209 posts
I have really sensitive skin and eyes and am allergic to quite a few things.  I try now and stick to as much natural skincare as I can.  I stay away from products with too many plant extracts as I am allergic to most plants lol  - also aloe vera and anything with lanolin on it cant go near my face. 

Things with too strong a fragrance is another thing not sure what specific ingredients they are  basicall I look for the most natural non fragranced products you can find, Oasis has been a wonderful find for my skin:)
chikoboo
3402 posts
I'm not sure if there is specific ingredients that trigger sensitive eyes I'm sure there is probably some chemical compounds that do.  I would highly recommend choosing a natural route for your skincare though to cut out all the artifical ingredients and choose fragrance free as some of the oils used to make them scented can trigger reactions too, even natural oils such as rosemary, mint and euclayptus. 
BeautyCutie
130 posts
Product can be so annoying like that! I have slightly sensitive eyes, so I purchased an all-organic, natural eye cream by Earth Science, only to find that irritated my eyes the worst! 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!