Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

I'm having a heart attack...but wait, just let me put some lippy on first!

18 posts, 13 members
Ringy
825 posts
So I hurt my foot/ankle last night at netball, and it's really, really sore today. So I dropped the kids off at school, grabbed some groceries, made dinner for tonight, most importantly painted my toenails and now am ready to got to the doctors if necessary. 

I do also recall making sure every waxing appointment was religiously kept leading up to all three children being born, as well as bi annual Pap smears. 

Is is it just me or are these kinds of things important to others as well?
Macs
5351 posts
Hey Ringy, 

You are a super woman doing all that with your health issues. I love that you manage to squueze in doing your nails. 

As for me, this week had its highs and lows. But when I squueze in doing my make up or a mask it helps me brighten my day a little. 

I hope your leg heals soon , take care x
trudijoy
8375 posts
yeah thats me.

I put on full makeup to go in to hospice every day, and even the day we lost dad i put on some face to drive over there. It kinda helps. It means that i face the world looking less wretched, and i find tears easier to hold off when my eye makeup is on point.

Even when i'm sick i'll put on makeup to go to the doctor. its just what I do.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
It's almost like that saying, 'make sure your wearing clean underwear incase you're struck by a bus' lol. Much like you I shaved religiously leading up to the birth of my babies armpits and legs, I think more so knowing I'd be to physically exhausted to do so after birth.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Hope your foot gets better soon! Xx
Ringy
825 posts
Oh Macs don't be fooled- I have no health issues as such- just a sprain, my fault because I suck at playing netball! Division J and all!
-Bex-
611 posts
Aw Ringy hope your foot is feeling better soon 

I'm like you Amy I made sure my arm pits and legs were shaved before having my babies. I usually wear full face to the doctor, freshly washed hair when I go to the dentist haha I have a thing about hair smelling. 
Ringy
825 posts
But thanks for your kind wishes!! 
Macs
5351 posts
Aww sorry ringy :0 I read that wrong .Im a  Silly sausage 
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Hope you recover quickly.  I definitely use make up as a mask when I am feeling not so wonderful. 
MareeB
5241 posts
I hope your foot is better today Ringy :) never go to casualty looking rough - you never know who you might meet there !!! ( tall, dark, handsome, wearing scrubs...)
Rezee
1964 posts
You poor thing, I hope its nothing serious!
I suppose I've cared a little bit, probably just more on the cleanliness.  I did make sure I shaved my legs properly while in labour haha.

Kimrose
1416 posts
I try to look my best all the time. Be it a visit to the doctor or a trip to the supermarket. I have tried to instill this into my kids, I say you never know who you might meet or what opportunities may present themselves to you.

Ringy
825 posts
that's so true! I'd forgotten that once Harry Styles got into my lift- at 1am in the morning so I looked a treat! We'd checked in late and I was heading down to reception to sort something. He was staying on the floor below us and going down as well- I cringe at that memory.
Lutece
1849 posts
Ouch! You poor thing :( How is it feeling now?
You are super woman getting all of that done with a hurt ankle, I need some of your motivation <3
Artemis
311 posts
Depends on the moment for me really...I love doing my makeup, but at the same time have no shame being seen bare-face, so its not a priority either.

Did a full face of makeup in labour as had to wait for hubby to shower and wait around a bit so I was getting kinda bored. On the other hand at midnight last week we had to rush to hospital to get our toddler seen for croup (he is fine, just got a dose of steroids and all was well)- wore my dressing gown, pj pants and an old jersey, with a coat on top. I know theres the 'hot doctor' possibility, but I'm happily married so dont mind missing my chance, lol.
Harry Styles in an elevator though, well theres something we might have to discuss....
2lilmnkys
106 posts
Iam guilty of putting on my makeup before going to the doctors. And Iam the only one at work who wears it. There have been many times where hubby is left cooling his heels while I get ready. My reason is that you never know whom you will meet. Haven't had luck with Harry yet though!

I hope you feel better now Ringy.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Ringy you are being completely sensible. I saw a movie years ago Maybe baby I think it was called and there's a scene where the wife regrets not sorting out a wax job before her appointment, I was probably too uninterested in beauty to appreciate what was being said.
But now, I won't go to the beautician without having a shower first. Make up on for a trip anywhere.
I do have plans for the dr tomorrow, regular check and I want the good drugs so maybe I should leave off the make up?

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!