Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

If you had to pick

34 posts, 24 members
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
What would be the ONLY things you would keep in your routine for the rest of your life, if you were only allowed two. You're allowed skincare because you need spf and moisturiser.

If you were only allowed to do your hair (cut, colour, style, brush etc)

If you were only allowed to shave/wax/pluck (legs, underarms, bikini, eyebrows etc)

If you were only allowed foundation or bb cream

If you were only allowed lip glosses or lipsticks

If you were only allowed eye makeup (mascara, eyeshadow, eyeliner etc)

Or what have I missed off the list?

I myself would have to keep the shaving and the eye makeup.

So tell me yours xx
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
For me the two i would pick would be shaving and lipgloss. I couldn't live with unwanted hair and cracked lips! xx
shazatron101
5112 posts
Shaving and Hair cuts. My eyes would look stupid if they were all done up and the rest of my face wasn't hahaha. I assume lipbalm is skin care so I didn't choose that one ;-P
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I'm pleased I'm not the only one wanting to sacrifice something for removing unwanted hair!
shazatron101
5112 posts
Haha no way Ong. I am hairy like animal on my legs right now cos it's too cold to wax them, I love freaking fiance out with them hahahahahaha. Maybe I'll never wax them again cos its fun hahaha
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Hahahaha you Crack me up!! I have to shave most days! Even when I was in hospital I had to invent ways of banishing the hair!
_Nicole_
124 posts
Definatly waxing, I couldn't live with all this un wanted body hair. And then probably bb cream, as it evens out my skin toan without making it look like I have a face full of make up.
shazatron101
5112 posts
My legs used to be shaved every Saturday, but now they haven't even been touched since the 1st, I'm  pretty sure thats when I last waxed hahaha. I used to shave my armpits religiously too but something was irritating the hell out of them and I was scratching them like a mad woman so I stopped doing that and waxed them. It's only slightly better lol. Why can't there be a cheap way of getting rid of hair forever!? lol
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
Great thread Farmers-Wife x

For me it would have to be shaving and BB cream the rest I could do without lol xx
chikoboo
3402 posts
Good question, but I think I am over analysing it lol

I couldn't be without shaving my unwanted hair and eye makeup, however in regards to haircare would that be that a given is the ability to wash and condition it as I would have to sacrifice something to be able to condition my hair everyday or this monster mop would try and calm world domination!
Kellyleanne
551 posts
Oh what a challenging question, it really got me thinking. Glad skincare is already a must-have as that is mandatory for me. 
Definitely getting rid of unwanted body hair would be one, I wouldn't even want to think of the consequences of not having my razor for a little while. 
My next choice would be foundation! 
Macs
5351 posts
Shaving and deodarant. I could go without the make up . As long as I smell clean all good lol
Qweenkaren
313 posts
My Hair & lip gloss.
basically if I couldn't brush or "style" my hair I simply wouldn't be able to see! it's bad enough when it's out & I bend down to find something - instant black out curtain! Even if "styling" was pulling it back off my face.

and I like having glossy lips.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Eye make up and lipbalms... I get bad reactions from most types of hair removal so I don't like to shave anyway v.v
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
Hmmm my skins usually pretty good so I'd probably go with eye makeup and lip glosses/lipsticks. Was a tough choice between shaving and eyes but nobodxy looks at my legs anyway.
kirstyj
1732 posts
I'm going with Shaving and Hair Cuts.
There is a lot you can achieve by just feeling well groomed. And I think your hair frames your whole face so can make you look more well put together just by that... I think I would have to up my skincare routine to get away without foundation though :)
MareeB
5244 posts
I'm afraid I'm with the ladies who just MUST remove hair! Aside from that it would be moisturiser, I must have moisturiser (and I'd try to sneak in an eye liner..)
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Skincare all the way for me. I don't wear makeup very often so it wouldn't bother me going without that but the skincare is my new passion, with bells on :)
MareeB
5244 posts
Same here AmandaJane - I really hate having dry skin, but I can live without make up (little lie, I can't really live without eye liner..)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Love all the replies. Yes you can use deodorant and shampoo. Can't have us all smelly and dirty. I was watching our builder today with his tools and what seemed to be his favourite one. Got me thinking what would I have to keep
MareeB
5244 posts
Hahaha - farmerswife were you thinking of keeping the builder??? hmmnnn you might have something there....
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
LOL!! If I had my way he would be handcuffed to the house until he had finished renovating! I have his tools here on ransom
Koni
444 posts
I'm with you Ongelique! Shaving and eye makeup - I scare too many people with my big hooded orb-like eyes so "softening" them with makeup is a must!
alyshajayne
92 posts
Eyes and hair for me :D a toughie though! Not because I want to remove hair from legs and armpits, I don't care about those! But the brows!!!
glamfish
87 posts
Only two! Lol definitely shaving and lip balm. I've been make-up free for the past week trying to get my skin to clear but I shave everyday and hate cracked lips!
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Shaving/hair removal & eye makeup .
I only got into foundation this year more so. And last year I got rather lazy mid year also depression visited me lol so I went without eye makeup people keep saying are you ok? You look different. It's the fricken makeup I didn't have on. I would answer yip I'm ok I've just got no face on. Grrr
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I am the same as you FarmersWife, i could not go without shaving, and eye makeup! I probably would never leave the house if i did not have those things in my life
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Lol, Koni! I legit love your eyes, they're so sultry and mesmerizing (in a non-creepy way), I doubt very much that they have ever scared anyone. 

Mine would have to be shaving and foundation! I'll look like a potato with my one dimensional canvas, but I'm okay with that.
Julieal
915 posts
I would go for mascara and lipstick .- I have no hairs on my legs so have,'t got that problem otherwise dehairing would be a must.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Sarahbeautynz I was about to agree with you until your last. I disagree you could look like that!

Julieal you lucky wee poppet
DianaN
143 posts
Definitely BB cream/foundation for me. I have super blemished skin and I'm just not confident without a base. Also, hair care - the reason why I put care is because I need to remove excess body hair (like legs and arms) but I desperately need brow hairs. I've got too much hair in places where I don't need it....
janini9
341 posts
Ok I'm gonna break it up into seasons. For summer definitely I couldn't go without shaving and lipgloss. For winter, I'm blimmen lazy anyway and hardly shave my legs, armpits I could sacrifice and then I could have mascara and lipgloss. It's too cold anyway to take of the clothes and expose anyone to hairy armpits  ;)
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Wouldn't it be good if we can grab a hair from a spot we don't want and say grow here instead!

Now that's thinking out of the box. Like the season answer
Mila
1209 posts
This is a hard one !!!.....I would have to keep shaving dont want to turn into a wilderbeast ! :) - and I think I would have to keep lip gloss/balm I cant stand having dry lips at all 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!