Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

If Money Was No Object But You Could Only Buy From Two Brands...

41 posts, 27 members
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
... for the rest of your life, what brands would it be? One high end and one drugstore. I've got a tie between Urban Decay and Too Faced right now, leaning more towards Too Faced because of how much I love love love my chocolate bar palette. Then for drugstore prices hands down it would be Make Up Revolution, their eyeshadow palettes own my heart.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I have to say Too Faced, because I don't own any high end brands hahaha, but I really like what I have from them. Like? Love. Love love love. The other would probably be Maybelline - I loved their superstay foundation (white lid) but I dunno if I'm dumb cos I can't find it, or if they stopped making it haha. But it was niiiiiice.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I've only tried their Superstay Better Skin foundation and some days it looks wonderful on me and others it clings to my dry patches. So hard to decide if I like it or not. 
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Ooo that's tough! My high end would be MAC just because of the sheer range - I need variety in my life! My drugstore brand was hard to choose but it'd have to be Maybelline because I know I can do my entire base with products of theirs that I love, which is of highest important to me!
kirstyj
1732 posts
Fun TraineeMUA!

High-end I would probably say MAC, boring I know but I know their products are reliable and it is probably one of the few high-end brands that I have tried everything from.

Drugstore (don't you find it weird that this is part of the beauty vocabulary when Americans are the only ones who actually call it drugstore!) - I think I would choose Bourjois. I know their bases are nice because I tried a foundation from them a while ago that was lovely and I have a lovely blush and lipstick from them too.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I have that foundation too, I think I like it? I don't wear it enough to notice it doing anything good for my skin but yeah. I get what you mean!! 
accidentprone_x
845 posts
My high end would definitely be too faced even though I do not own anything from them and my drugstore brand would have to be chi chi because they have everything and are such a great brand
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I always eye up Chi Chi but I haven't managed to take the plunge and actually buy anything from them yet! I think the top of my list is their eyeliner set though.
Danni
324 posts
High end would be benefit and drug store is a toss up between Rimmel and Bourjois! 
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
High end would either be Makeup Forever, or Too faced, and low end would be bourjois, even though i have tried nothing from their range, but i have heard amazing things. Plus Since they are owned by the Chanel company (so i hear), they're products must have some good ideas behind them.. or in theory anyway
TraineeMUA you won't be disappointed I am definitely I'm lonely with their cc cream and have actually almost used it up
astylecollector
204 posts
High end would be Chanel as I've never tried any of their products and I want to try the Vitalumiere foundation. For drugstore, probably Bourjois or Essence because they're both so good and affordable and love every product I've tried so far.
Macs
5351 posts
YSL and Chi Chi. I wanna try any of Chichi they look so good.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I don't think I could only buy from 2 brands, I could probably 2 companies that make the products though. Low end would be Maybelline, Chi Chi or Australis and higher end would be Mac, Bobbi Brown, Clinque or Lancome.
I should try and check out Bourjois at some point.
-Bex-
611 posts
I was eyeing up the chi chi liners the other day i really wished i had brought them now. Definitely on the next city shopping trip.
Since money isn't a problem I'd just go with Lancome and Guerlain just because I want to try something super expensive for once.
idomakeupnz
150 posts
Hmmm this is a tough one!!
High End - This is a tie between Lorac & MAC, I love both brands for different reasons so it's hard to choose.
Drugstore - Elf. They have a huge selection and most of what I've tried from them is really great (:
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Oh thats a hard one!!  It would have to be drugstore Chichi and high end  Kat Von D (I'm not sure if that's high end) only because she has everything I love and adore in a makeup besides I need the statement makeup pieces aaaaand she knows makeup well.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Okay I'm switching from Too Faced to Kat Von D. Thanks Shana ;P Her eyeshadows are to die for and all of her other make up is phenomenal. 
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Hmm I don't know, I only have makeup from a couple of brands. One is Natio and the other Nude by Nature and I haven't even opened them yet and used them. I'd like to say Living Nature but I haven't tried their makeup products, or skincare come to mention it. I can't say because I haven't found a brand I particularly love if you know what I mean :)
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Natio is SUCH a good brand! I love their powder products and their skincare is quite good too. I never hear people really talk about it though which is sad because their pressed powder is definitely my holy grail. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
High end would be MAC (although I think of that as mid range)... Drugstore would be a fight between Chichi, Maybelline, Australis and Essence.
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I really want to do a one brand tutorial with Essence products on my channel... The ONLY thing I've bought from that brand that I didn't like was a nail polish. It was very thin and hard to build up.
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Lol! That just reminds me of the days where I used to use the giant Natio bronzer as foundation :/ good grief.
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Haha yes Kat Von D is pretty awesome and happens to be my idol for other reasons.  That woman knows the way to my makeup needing heart
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I desperately want her Monarch, Chrysalis, Shade and Light eye and Shade and Light contouring palettes *major heart eyes* 
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
OH YES!! The light and shade palette look amazing!  I want her foundation and her studded lipsticks.  Just everything really.  I wish Sephora would bring itself to NZ I would be in my own utopia!
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
I would spend my whole life working at Sephora if I could. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
My Sephora list for September will be long. A studded kiss lippy is at the top. So regret not buying one in Jan
Kellyleanne
551 posts
That's a tricky question but I think it would be a tie between MAC and Nars, love all the products I have tried so far from these brands.
I think drugstore would be loreal.
Macs
5351 posts
I also regret not getting those Chichi liners bexb
Jesse
745 posts
High end would be MAC, a lot of my makeup staples are from them and I couldn't live without them.

Drugstore would be Australis, their Fresh & Flawless powder is a dupe for MACs Studio Fix Powder + and I love their lippy selection.
chikoboo
3402 posts
If money was no object then the 2 brands would be By Terry (haven't used it personally yet but the reviews give me goosebumps and excitement to try it, but it is really expensive!) and the other would be MAC, simply because of the limited edition releases, keeping up on trends and having excellent quality products.
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
MAC or Chanel as high end. ChiChi as drug store. But I would also want Plantae or Living Nature for skin care.
Kaitlyn343
268 posts
Oh man that is so hard! I would say MAC because I'm inlove with velvet teddy but I would love to get into natural makeup brands but they're quite expensive. So if money was no object I'd be able to aford the natural makeup :D
alikat
423 posts
This would be hard - I'd have to say Chanel and Tom Ford.

Close seconds are Charlotte Tilbury and YSL.

Drugstore would be Rimmel or Chi Chi
MareeB
5241 posts
It would have to be Chanel or YSL, and either Maybelline or Rimmel at the low end!
Mila
1209 posts
Hmmmmm this is a tough one.....High end would have to be either Too Faced or Mac and Drugstore probably ZA
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Argh toughie. High end for me would probably be MAC, and low end Rimmel or Chi Chi. That was a tough question!
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Great question!! For high end it would probably be Mac or Lorac like Idomakeup and for affordable it would definitely be Chi Chi. 
janini9
341 posts
Great question and sooooo hard to answer with only two brands.
I would go with Dior for high end and either Revlon or Moisture Mist by Shiseido as drugstore end. But really if I could afford top end stuff, then Too faced, Urban Decay, Stila, and The Blam would be my low end faves.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!