Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

16 posts, 15 members
chikoboo
3402 posts
Now this is an interesting idea, using ice to depuff your face and shrink pores.   Apparently it is a supermodel secret but it makes sense and when I have had a facial before the rollers used were first placed in cold water to bring the temperature down.  here is the article I was reading about it.   Don't think I could plunge my face into ice water but the running of a cube over my skin is manageable. 

I think it is a fantastic idea and will be given it a go, I think the morning would be the best time as it will also awaken me for the day.

Anyone else game? or do you already do it.
trudijoy
8375 posts
at the public baths in Japan they have things like this, but it's more having a sauna then jumping into ice cold fresh water.  Invigorating, but a bit of a shock!

I use ice cubes to keep me awake, or cool, by running them along my wrists, the back of my neck and over my face sometimes, so I reckon this would work well.

I'd try it.
Mila
1209 posts
I get the theory but I'm not a huge fan of the cold so I'm not sure this would work for me...:)
Macs
5351 posts
I would give it a go in the warmer months.  It will be a nice way to cool down.
mallomiss
569 posts
I would absolutely give this one a go!
itsclearascrystal
2056 posts
Yes I've often heard of ice cold water being a beauty secret, but I am a bit too fond of being warm.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
As crazy as it sounds, I used to finish off my showers with a 5min blast of cold water. Apparently that keeps your skin elastic and helps the blood flow under your skin. I think that's the same logic as ice facials. Not sure if it works but certainly woke me up in the morning!
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
CharmmyKitty I do the same for the shower too ut also works for baths increases the body's metabolism apparently.
Julieal
915 posts
I have heard of this but if you have fair skin it can break the surface capillaries so sometimes can be too severe.
MareeB
5242 posts
Not for me, I can't stand anything cold against my skin.
Ringy
825 posts
not for me I guess- I've just spent a small fortune having broken capillaries and veins zapped from my face- don't want to encourage their return and it hurt like you wouldn't believe!
gtsgrl
169 posts
Not for me either, I hate extremes of temperature.  If I could live in a world of 22 degrees I would be sooo happy!
charly
456 posts
Interesting, I'd be keen to try that!
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
This is not for me, I have some wee broken capillaries on my face not many but enough to be scared that I'd cause more. 
I dont like the cold shock factor either it's bad enough I dry my hair on the cool setting :)
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
Ringfamily yup totally 
I here you x
MrsO
196 posts
I would never try this, I have little broken veins on my face and any extremes of temperature would make them worse.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!