Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

I have a confession to make....

25 posts, 23 members
Xtinastar
165 posts
I buy way to much makeup, most of the time and i dont even need it. I buy it cos i love the packaging or because theirs so much online hype about it. Half the stuff i buy and try once and then its stashed away never to be used again for another few months, i even have stuff i probably havnt even used lol. Does anyone else have this problem :(
xjayloux
900 posts
I used to be exactly the same with anything beauty, hair products, cosmetics, fragrance etc. Now that ive moved out of home im a bit stricter on what i spend, but i can never say no to a bargain.. Haha =\

You should do bulk lots and sell them on Trade me or even sell it up individually. People do buy it!
nelliebelle
113 posts
Argh I'm so bad at buying makeup and beauty products that I never use. I'm such a sucker for sales. I just went to the clearance sale at the showgrounds in Auckland and spent heaps on things that I won't even use just cause they were on sale...OPPS! My sister always benifits from myunwanted purchases.
colleencanary
764 posts
I'm guilty of way too many perfumes (current have 4 unopened), eyeshadow palettes and lipgloss. I go crazy for a make up sale but I can never get through all my make up or perfume for that matter :)
belindaledwards
111 posts
I can really relate to this! If I didn't buy any makeup for the next 5 years, I might get through what I have at the moment lol :-) I'm always a sucker for a good deal, or gift with purchase etc.
Cat
474 posts
Haha I'm guilty of this too! I have an addiction to online shopping. I hear about a product or read a review and I just have to try it! And the worst thing is I never seem to finish anything. I was actually amazed I finished a BB cream the other week so I was able to crack open my back up one. I have a stupid amount of 'neutral' eye palettes. And my latest obsession is concealers and highlighters! I don't even wear makeup on a everyday basis so I don't know why I have so much! I won't even start on hair and skincare! 
lenarose
313 posts
I have WAY too many beauty products - make up, skincare, hair stuff etc so I've banned myself from buying any more until next year! eeek! I want to use up a bunch of my stuff, and it's going well so far. I'll only buy more if I run out of essentials like if I finally use up all of my shampoo.
Xtinastar
165 posts
Yay glad im not the only one :) i just loving trying all new things!
Cat
474 posts
Good on you lenarose! I tried to put myself on a ban last month.... Then I made a topshop order and casualy added a couple of lipsticks... Then saw great reviews on some kiehls product and found a sale on a site with it... Oh my life! I try to be good! 
deville
42 posts
I have the exact opposite problem - I hang onto the makeup I have had for years and never buy anything new.  I don't really know where to start and as money is tight find it hard to trust the less costly brands.  I love samples and feedback from others so I can at least have a starting point.
I watch way too many youtube tutorials and have multiple tabs open buying and adding things to my
wishlists. I'm a sucker for sales and have placed a week ban from online shopping lol babysteps I reackon works best for me.
KrystleF
158 posts
Hello my name is Krystle and I am a beauty addict! I am terrible, buying make up is one thing I can't resist, just because I have one blush doesn't mean I don't need 10 more. Don't even get me started on nail polish...
LisaE5
447 posts
I feel your pain ladies, I alsmost have an addiction for OPI whenever I can get it cheap. I brought Clubbin' till sunrise at Kirkaldie and Stains one day because it was $12 and have only worn it once because it is orange and I don't even like orange, what was I thinking?? I have around 20 nail polishes, most OPI and I never wear them because we aren't allowed to at school yet I continue to buy more, why????
beautyandlouise
102 posts
Haha I deffs have this problem! That is why I am doing the 20 pan challenge (when I have to use up 20 makeup products completely before I buy any more) I am actually so proud at the fact I am still going. I am up to 14 products so almost there. Wooohoo! =]
hughes_dre
229 posts
Absolutely, totally agree!!!  I always see things and think 'I need one of those' or 'I don't have a blush in that colour and I think it'd look great on me' only to get home and realise... Well... Maybe it doesn't look so great in natural light, or, dammit, I already have one! Or just a simple impulse buy that's a complete waste of money.  So the entire top of my drawers is covered in cosmetics, most of which I've either never used or will never use again...
Kellie
570 posts
Back when I was working full time I was a shocker for buying beauty products and either using them once or not at all.  Eventually I'd end up packaging them up and giving them to a friend's teenage daughter.  Now that I only earn a little 'pocket money' while being a SAHM I have to be more careful with what I buy and I make sure I use everything up (cleaner/moisturiser etc) before I replace it.  That being said - whenever there's a gift with purchase from Revlon I can't help but break out the creddie card :)
Aimeeee
4 posts
I'm exactly the same! Every week most of my pay goes on new beauty products and I have so much unopened or only used once items now that its not funny. Im also really bad with buying perfume if it looks pretty lol
lucygollogly
14 posts
LOL you are not the only one, guilty as charged.. I can not go a week without a new item for the beauty stash/collection. Doesnt help I work at a chemist with a hefty staff discount which I guess works in my favour for my addiction!
deneemac
19 posts
Hi Xtinastar,
I hear you! my addiction is lipsticks, I shudder to think how many lipsticks I have stashed away.
Maybe we should start up a  make-up addict support group There seems to be a lot of us aout there LOL!
Siena
50 posts
Where do I start?? :)  Sales have me weak at the knees!! 1day sale had a sale on Maybelline XXL Pro mascaras. 4 for $20...so what did I do???? I bought 5 packs!!! YAYYYYYY you say? ....sadly, no, they clumped my lashes together and after a couple of hours, I had panda eyes!  I have about 16 left.... I've started to shop 'sensibly'...well as sensible as I can....our versions of 'sensible' may differ...slightly (ahem)  :-) 
karenmarie280
88 posts
Not so much with beauty products or nail polishes I usually only buy occasionally once I have finished something.. my little obsession is hair products masques, intensive conditioning treatments, detanglers, leave in products, oils,straightening balms & the list goes on.. I have a drawer full of un opened pottles, bottles, cans & tubes. My girl loves it though as we have pamper days & I am always sharing any two for one deals with my bestie.

bex_mcd
46 posts
Haha, I am totally like this, especially about MAC products, they are packaged so prettily!
skingeek
537 posts
Ohhhh yes I'm a hoarder! I'm in the process of moving house so had a big clean up and ended up throwing out 8 mascaras.. I still have more than I use. Terrible, terrible make up hoarder. Don't even get me started on my skincare. I hate to think how much I spent each year, I actually put myself on product ban until I run out of things.
Lenore
6 posts
Guilty! A sucker for a sale, a new product to try, just one more shade of nail polish, a bigger/better/brighter anything. I have boxes and drawers of makeup - and zero storage space! But with so many great products out there to try...
shireeknight18
19 posts
haha I am also guilty of this! I have so many hair products that I like the look of and have never used! And i also had to have a clean out of my make-up bag as it wouldnt close! It only just closes now! Most of the items are unused or used once!

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!