Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

I finally did it!

17 posts, 17 members
Kimrose
1418 posts
I dont know about you ladies but I have for lack of a better word, hoarded a boat load of skin care products, this includes shampoos and conditioners as well as body washes.  So today was the day, everything came out of cupboards and drawers onto the bed and away I went.  It took about 3 hours [I knew it would be a big job] so now I have a beautifully organised bathroom cupboard and drawer.  Everything is in date order so I use the oldest first and will finish that one before I start another one.  I also managed to do the same with my lipsticks.  So now my girls have 2 shopping bags and 30 lippies to share.

Such a great feeling. Do you all feel good when you do this?
tannygirl
3392 posts
    I feel good when I use up things that I know are close to expiry date before they expire or if they did already but I'm not fussy about it (bodywashes, body lotions and stuff like that I'm not a stickler for expiry dates), then use them up and I can go on to stuff that hasn't expired and gradually I have room for more stuff and stuff that I know I love.

I've been panning through skincare and bodycare this year. I haven't hit pan on any makeup yet though besides tossing a mascara that was too old and an eyeliner that needed to go. 
MareeB
5242 posts
Well done Kim - that's awesome! I'd like to do the same, but I keep pulling out the BBBEs from my wardrbe and thinking, oh they really just look fine in the box. So I leave them there :)
Qweenkaren
313 posts
Nice work!
I've currently got 3 shampoo & conditioner sets open and on the go. Trying now to work through one at a time.
When it comes to my makeup & nail polish, every now and then I will pick up an item, declare it to be the weakest link and bin it. Or gift it to my daughter, depending on the product.
Lisa-Lou
2679 posts
Kim that is awesome and I bet it feels great to have done it. I should really do the same.
Macs
5351 posts
Well done Kim. I'm concentrating on panning. Hopefully I will have a bag full of empties to post soon.
kirstyj
1732 posts
Good work Kim! I adore clearing things out. It feels so good to only have what you will use. I do this quite regularly with my beauty products now and my bathroom cupboards look great now. However my kitchen is what really needs this treatment next!
Koni
444 posts
Woohooo great job Kim! Yes it definitely feels good - I feel like a huge weight is lifted once things are in order and I can see the stuff I have. Your girls must be loving it :-)
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
That is fantastic Kim, such a great feeling. I'm a terrible hoarder too and very rarely finish a product unless it is a product I love so much or a regular line that I use.  I have way too much stuff and have gifted so much away already and it didn't seem to make a dent lol.  Well done hun, such an accomplishment xx

MissQT
1547 posts
wow good for you Kim! I really need to do the same and sort through all my beauty and skincare products!
Julieal
915 posts
Good on you Kim -Yes it is a horrible job but now you won't buy more stuff you don't need .
JessB
219 posts
Well done Kim! Especially with the date order thing, that is simple yet genious.  I've recently been feeling a bit down about not knowing exactly what I have to use, so a clear out and organise is probably a really good idea.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Well done Kim! Doesn't it feel amazing! I did the same thing when I shifted and it was an amazing de clutter.
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
That's awesome Kim sounds very organized
rrachh
2 posts
Cleaning everything out is such a satisyfing feeling! I went through my bathroom last night and threw out a heap of stuff in drawers that I never use. But I also found stuff I didn't know I had and am excited to use! As much as cleaning and tidying sucks, you always feel so good afterwards!
SandyGedge
394 posts
That's awesome and such a great feeling once it's finished :-)
ragingfrog
1289 posts
Fantastic Kim, if you like me you will find you have heaps of something you don't need to buy or chuck in box for give away at xmas as a gift box. It was how I got rid of some items to thin out the heard and I will do it further once I replace my wardrobe.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!