Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

How often don't you wear make up?

29 posts, 26 members
Macs
5351 posts
I havent worn any for two weeks this has to be the longest time ever. Do you go without make up? Whats your longest time? 
trudijoy
8375 posts
when i'm sick i usually go barefaced, and in summer if i'm swimming. Otherwise I wear makeup every day and for me it's because when I had depression I felt I didn't deserve to look nice and so the most i'd consent to would be black eyeliner and lipgloss.

Now that i'm through that i still have days where i struggle to feel attractive, but being in a routine of making myself look semi nice helps me face the world
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
When you say makeup, do you mean like a full face of makeup or just no makeup whatsoever.   Hope that makes sense lol.  I only tend to wear tinted moisturiser or CC cream these days.  Last time I wore a full face of makeup was probably at my graduation last Friday lol.  I only ever spend time putting it on if I have an event to go to where I can't get away with me sitting in my moo cow pyjamas ha ha ha. Even then its minimal lol.  
RamblingRose
1280 posts
The longest I've ever been without make-up was 4 weeks.  I was on holiday in Bali and after slathering myself in sunscreen and mosquito repellant every morning, putting on make-up of any kind just didn't appeal, especially since it was so hot and make-up would have literally melted by lunchtime.

Usually, I go completely make-up free at least one day per week.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Maybe three weeks? I travelled through France and the UK last year and makeup was too much of an effort. Most days I just wanted to get up and go.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Alot! I'm a stay at home Mum so Makeup everyday doesn't make sense for me. In saying that I find I might not have a full face on but I'll still either put Mascara or a lip gloss on. I don't think I'm ever bare faced in that sense.
trudijoy
8375 posts
good point Silvene, when I'm in Asia in the summer i don't wear base, but I still wear waterproof eye makeup and a touch of lippy
Macs
5351 posts
Mumofthree I was just talking about any make up. Normally I would go once or twice a week without make up. When I holidayed in the Gold Coast Australia I wore make Up every day :0. If I go camping like I did last week I had none at all.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I wear makeup whenever I feel like it and skip it whenever I don't feel like it. I can stay at home and be wearing a full face or run errands or go shopping wearing none. When it comes to work yes I always wear makeup because I think I look more proffessional and put together with it on. Plus when I'm really tired and working then makeup can make me look at little bit more cheerful about my job rather than sick.
Rajvee2588
221 posts
For one year.when I was pregnant my skin become so sensitive.....very badly.Not even liquid eyeliner. But macs I found its worth it. After One year my skin is glowing. Honestly I am so happy now I am wearing minimum make up. 
Macs
5351 posts
Funny that Rajvee. I kept getting bad acne on my forehead. Now my skin is cleared up. Bossy Charcoal Solid bar and Goodness Day and night. This breathing space is good for my skin.
kirstyj
1732 posts
.... Is this bad? I can't remember the last time I went without makeup. Even when I was going to get a facial the other day I popped on a bit of powder before I went :P Just makes me feel better.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
2 days maybe. I usually put a little bb cream and eyeliner on if I'm make up less.
Rezee
1964 posts
Lately, it's been about half the weekend or at least the weekend is makeup free. I take about half an hour to do my makeup so sometimes with the kids, its hard to find that time as much as I want too. I try to think of it as being good for my skin to have some breathing days!
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
I usually wear makeup most days with only two days a week where I don't.  This is due to working or going to town to do groceries.  I would love to go bareface more often but I just can't do it when going out. 
mallomiss
569 posts
I wear a full face 5 days a week.
Sunday's it depends on what's happening - if we're going out somewhere I might do a light face.. 

Monday is my bare face day as I'm only doing the school run usually & don't care what the snooty mum's think of me down there haha! 
chikoboo
3402 posts
6 days a week, I always go bare faced at least once a week be it Saturday or Sunday it depends on what day I want to play around with makeup.   Unless I am sick and then all bets are off, if I struggle to get out of bed to wash my face then it is never going to be a day for makeup, then normally it takes a couple day of recovery for my skin to bounce back.   Ahh bugs!  
2lilmnkys
106 posts
I go makeup free on my daysoff unless Iam going somewhere otherwise its 5 to 6 days of makeup for me. But I scub off as soon as I get home.
severest
44 posts
Every day for me - Like Kirsty I can't remember the last time I went without makeup! My poor skin!
MrsRosie
214 posts
I was just thinking this today! As I havent been working Ive been enjoying letting my face breathe and not wearing any makeup, although it doesnt make me wanna look in the mirror lol! When I have been working normally 1 day a week I would be completely be makeup free.  
Danni
324 posts
I almost never wear makeup! I don't like wearing it to uni because I basically roll out of bed and head there, I work in the fast food industry and it makes me feel yuck having foundation on and I don't ever go anywhere exciting enough for makeup so I can't remember the last time I wore it!
AmandaJane
1147 posts
Once in a while, for an event etc. Sometimes just because I want to look pretty but that's very rare :)
Kikikiana
52 posts
almost never!

sometimes on a sunday i'm like.. "hmm I won't see anyone right, I can do this!"

I wear full face (eyebrow, eyeliner etc) so when I don't wear make-up I do look quite different.

I would go make-up free maybe 1-2 times a month?
when I went travelling and it was just myself and my partner I didn't wear much make-up and he didnt even notice!!!
mishxo
18 posts
I could go days and days without wearing make up if I didn't have to go to work1 I'm not a huge fan of wearing make up. I like having a clean face smothered in a facial oil :P Sometimes when I'm feeling extra "no makeup" I just chuck on brows and lipstick! :)
Kimrose
1415 posts
I am lucky enough to not work weekends anymore so thats when I go minimal with make up. Maybe a BB cream and always lippy, and some eye colour. During the week it is full make up all the way. I love taking off my make up in the evening and putting on my night products, I feel so clean and fresh.
Jesse
745 posts
I try to have one make-up free day a week which doesn't always happen. I wear it every day at work, the one day in the last ten years I have not worn makeup to work was when I was sick and wanted to be sent home as I was out of sick days! It sure amplified how terrible I looked. The longest I have gone without makeup in recent years is when I was on holiday in Rarotonga last November for a few days as with the heat, sunscreen and swimming makeup seemed pointless!
chloednz
217 posts
?I live and work on a farm, so only wear makeup when I am out and about. I have been known to go a little over the top for a supermarket run because I want to try a bunch of new makeup on my face at once! I do sometimes wish for a 9-5 job where I could wear a whole face of makeup on the daily.
Jcw29
20 posts
I wear makeup everyday of the week without fail pretty much. If i'm abit pressed for time and feeling lazy I will just do foundation, mascara and lip balm, but most days it's a full face with foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and lipstick. I have been really trying to stop this though so I can give my skin a break but I can never seem to last the day. (By lunchtime I've gotta do it!) lol.I think the longest i've ever gone is mabey 5 days, and that was years ago when I got really unwell and physically couldn't do it.I'd love to feel comfortable to go out in public bare faced but I just can't seem to do it and feel far too self conscious.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
I have had terrible skin lately, and I have been trying out some new products so I'm not sure which product is actually causing it. So.. I have been going makeip free a lot these last few weeks trying to give my skin the chance to clear up. It's not going good so far, and now that I'm in Australia, the different temperature is missing with my skin already! Looks like my skin won't be getting better anytime soon. Normally, I wear makeup 4 days a week, somedays I wear a full face, somedays I just wear concealer and mascara, depends on the day.

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!