Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

How much do you spend on beauty treatments etc?

15 posts, 14 members
HouseOdBanana
350 posts
I was just wondering how much do you ladies spend on beauty treatments like; hair cuts & dyes, waxes, facials, mani padis etc. Or do you guys prefer to do it yourself?

I do abit of both. I recently grew my brows out and I am talking full on bushes and got the done professionally. Brows is something I just can not do myself, they always end up super uneven. When it comes to nails I usually do it myself but it is nice to have someone else do them.
Rezee
1964 posts
Im a total diy beauty girl including haircuts lol. 
I do enjoy getting stuff done but it just fits in my budget better to do things myself if I can. 
Ngahew
152 posts
I'm pretty lucky that I can do most of my own treatments as I'm a beauty therapist...lolz, even electrolysis! But, it is so nice to sit back and get treatments by someone else...thats a relaxation must ????
Macs
5351 posts
Beauty Therapist! Ngahew my friend! Lol nah I used to spend about $25 a week on eye brow threading, but now it's just random visits whenever I have the money. 
Mila
1209 posts
I'm definatley more of DIY type girl when it comes to beauty treatments.  I used to spend a fortune on my hair keeping it a really light blonde but I grew that out so thats that cost gone :)....I would love to do the manicure thing but my nails are terrible I never want to get them done I just like to keep them tidy and polished. 

Pedicures eek !! -  I cant stand people touching my feet so that one is out for me lol :)
EnyaMUA
1109 posts
Definitely DIY, except for stuff like skincare, I'll spend as much as I have to to make my skin look amazing. Planning a facial day with my Mum in a month or so that I'm so excited for. 
neninoir
210 posts
I've only ever been to a beauty therapist for my brows, I get them waxed about twice a year and tidy them up myself inbetween. I really dont like people touching my face so a facial would freak me out I think!  I do have some training in basic manicures so do that myself. I get my bangs cut ever 4-5 weeks and a good trim probably every 4 months and thats pretty much it. Probably $150ish a year, so not really that much  :)
trudijoy
8375 posts
whe I lived down south I had friends in the right places but now I have to pay in Aucks, grrr.

Got out of the habit of waxing but $40-60 seems the go.

Hair I pay about $25-$35 for a cut and dye it myself.

Pedi is about $35 a time. I go every few weeks; it's my relaxation time.

Facial threading is about $27 a time, and I go when it needs it - every 2 ish months.

Tan I do myself.

Mani a couple times a year @ $20 a time
MareeB
5239 posts
I spend $70 per month on face waxing and eye brow and eye lash dying  - worth every cent :) I still have the nightmare memory of cutting and dying my own hair when I was poor - yikes! ironically now I don't dye and am working towards never getting it cut .
Ngahew
152 posts
lol MACS, anytime ????
SandieNZ
424 posts
I'm pretty much a DIYer too - wax and colour at home.  There is something pretty special about going to a beauty therapist though - wish I could afford to do it all the time :)
Lutece
1849 posts
Darling your brows are fabulous! 

Im in a diy girl , normally I buy a hair dye once every few months, I cut my own hair, I pluck/wax my face, and I do my mask things at home :) 

Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
DIY all the way! Cut and colour my own hair, do my own nails/brows/eyeslash tinting etc. I prefer to spend the money I save on makeup, tehe.
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
I have cut down on what I spend on beauty treatments. I do my nails myself, and prefer to spend money on face masks for at home rather than facials. I do my brows myself and I spend $140 every 8-10 weeks on my hair. xx
RC
162 posts
Chelsea I LOVE your new profile piccy! First time I've seen it, you look gorgeous xx

I'm totally DIY with beauty treatments, except for haircuts. That's once a year though, and the last few times I've been lucky enough to win a session or get a good GrabOne voucher. 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!