Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

How long does your makeup take to do?

20 posts, 17 members
Rezee
1964 posts
So I read Kellie's blog post the other day about doing a 5 minute face but she needed 10 minutes instead. I take around 20-25 minutes to do my makeup when I do it. I try to be quick but then I feel like I need to do my brows, and then I may as well do eyeshadow and then if I just put on bronzer, I may as well go for blush and highlighter too! I enjoy putting on makeup, so I don't mind the time it takes. I used to just wear bb cream and mascara, definitely just a 5 minute face but I'd feel way too naked to do just that these days.So how long do you all take and what does that involve you using?
shazatron101
5112 posts
I have no idea how long it takes me. I'll time myself tomorrow and see, hopefully its not too long lol. And I'm having a date with my darling Shana so YAY :D 

I'm with you there though Renee, if I do bb cream I feel like I have to do the whole shibang, but sometimes I just do brows, mascara and lips and I'm good to go. Depends on how well my skin is behaving :P 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
A quick natural everyday look I can do in 15 minutes. Full glam I give myself 45 minutes to make the look perfect :)
Head Pixie
569 posts
I already love this thread (funny that!). Honestly these days my mornings go like:

I'll just wear a bit of foundation and blush and mascara. Then it becomes, oh, and bronzer, and highlighter. Oh and three or four different eyeshadows (except for weekends, when it's one or two). Oh and lipstick. Oh and brows. Oh and I forgot my inner eye corner highlight.

Next thing you know... a million seconds have gone by and I'm late for the world.

I must admit, I felt such freedom after a recent finger operation because I literally could not apply makeup. Went a week without it, and the world did not collapse - although the minute I could apply it I did, because it's one of my happy places :)
RamblingRose
1280 posts
My usual 'everyday' make-up takes about 15 minutes (foundation, powder, eye primer, 3 eye shadows, eyeliner, mascara, brows, blush & lip gloss).

If I'm going out, I'll take 30-45 mins, as I add a face primer, under eye concealer and white eyeliner on my waterline and I take my time with getting my foundation and eyeshadow blending perfect. 
MareeB
5239 posts
Not long because I'm not that good at it!. If I'm trying hard, it can take around 15 minutes.
tannygirl
3392 posts
My winged liquid liner which is an essential in any makeup look I do can take me a long time to get right. I used to go sans eyeshadow for awhile just because if I would mess it up then I would have to remove the mistakes and then reapply the eyeshadow and then redraw. On a good winged liner day then where I can get it right with just a few tries then I have my makeup done in 15 mins but otherwise it can take up to 45. When I need to be somewhere and need to look extra nice and good makeup then I actually get up two hours earlier so I'm not super rushed.
Macs
5351 posts
On a fast 5 minute make up BB cream , mascara,nude lipstick and eye liner. Full face Prime, conceal , foundation, bronzer, Highlighter, blush, brows, liquid liner, eye liner, eye shadow, lip prime, lip line, liquid lipstick, make up setting spray between 30 to 45 minutes. 

I read that blog and I was amazed with how many products kellie managed to squueze in that time frame. 
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
This is interesting seeing how long you all take with your mnakeup.  It depends for me how hardcore I want my makeup but for a quick job I apply mascara, eyebrows, and a lippy that takes me 5 mins tops.  If I go all out and have foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner, eyebrows, lipstick and setting poiwder it can take from 20-40 minutes depending on how adventurous I am that day.  If I want to really make a statement it takes 45 mins.
shazatron101
5112 posts
I remembered to time myself! I started at 11:11 and stoped at about 11:29 - but 3-5 minutes of that was replying to a facebook message. I did cc cream, foundation, concealer, powder, eyebrows, bronzer, mascara, 2 eyeshadows because I could and lips. It was kinda fun and I could definitely speed it up - but I'm happy with how long it took. My hair took 10 minutes to curl so I'm okay with that too :D
siouxsannah
261 posts
Probably about 10 - 15 minutes. This includes foundation, brows, lipstick, mascara, and eyeliner or shadow. Sometimes blusher if I am not in a hurry!
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
10-15 minutes in the morning for everyday makeup and up to an hour if I'm doing more fancy makeup.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
15-20 minutes. Pretty slow I guess!
Rezee
1964 posts
I usually like to put on a youtube video while I do my makeup too. Does anyone else do that? It's sort of how I know how long I take since I try and put one on that is around 20 minutes. I should try and figure out a way to do a quicker 'face'. I feel like I other go full on or put nothing on at all. I feel so much less put together without some makeup on though.
Macs
5351 posts
Ive never put a you tube video on while doing my make up . I must try it and see what happens. Normally I have music on loudly singing to the tune.
Emily-jane
314 posts
I normally have to rush so most days only 5mins. I can usually get away with foundation, blush mascara and lipgloss and look half descent. In the weekend I splurge with 20mins or more. I would love more time to do my make up application and prefect my technique.
ragingfrog
1289 posts
The main thing that affects me is primer since I like to wait a minute or 2 before my foundation. The rest seems to take about 10 minutes on a normal day. If I am going somewhere special 1/2 an hour is not unheard of.
Rajvee2588
221 posts
My regular makeup take up 5 to 7 minutes ( foundation, winged eyeliner, brow, blush and lipstick) but if I go out its take half and hour for full face makeup and some time more than that...
trudijoy
8375 posts
I can do a 5 minute face but to have proper base, wings etc requires at least ten, really.
KiwiLass
174 posts
Interesting thread, and something I thought about this morning actually. I had to get up extra early for a long work day out of town, but also organise kids to a friend's palce so they could take them to school. Anyway, I usually take a bit more time with my make up on a work day, since I'm out in the communtiy a lot etc, and will do serum, BB cream, chuby in the nude light foundation, or L'Oreal cushion, bronzer, highlighter, eyeshadow primer, Mellow eyeshadow (1 shade), eyebrows, mascara. This usually takes me 10-15 mins on a good day. But this morning I was rushed and just slapped on BB cream, eyeshadow, brows and mascara. But realised when I went to the bathroom half way through a meeting, that I'd forgooton mascara on my bottom lashes, and felt absurdly self-conscious lol. I have very, very fine, blond lashes, so mascara is my one can't-live-without makeup product! Oh well, the world didn't end and I'm sure I'm the only one that noticed....but made me realise how much I love it. And why I take the time I take in  the morning.....but like some others here, my make up routine has definitely expanded in recent years! I never used to use highlighter, bronzer etc until this year, when I got freebies as gifts with purchases. Now I feel like I can't live without them....

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!