Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

How has BR changed you?

26 posts, 15 members
shazatron101
5112 posts
I have changed in a lot of ways. Because of people I've met through BR my entire skincare has changed and I no longer want to claw my skin off the second I get out of the shower, in fact its in the best condition its ever been in. I don't buy things for the hell of it anymore - I research and look at reviews/swatches before making a purchase. I also shop a lot more in the Farmers beauty department ;-) 

Emotionally I've changed for the better as well. When I first joined BR I could count my friends on one hand, and the ones I trusted were my thumb - now I need both hands and I trust more than one thumb of people ;-) 

So the big beautiful question - How have you changed? I'd love to know x
Shana_Banana84
567 posts
I love this question Phtannon!  BR has changed ALOT about me.  The biggest impact and change is that I met some absolutely amazing girls you inclusive and the others know who they are!  You are one of my best friends and I cherish that alot.  I too have change my skin care regime thanks to Idomakeup's great advice.  She has changed my life in the way that my skin is now my friend and not my enemy.
I now have a whole new love and appreciation for cosmetics and shopping for the right product rather than just getting something 'that will do'.  I find myself gravitating more toward quality rather than quantity where before if I had draws of makeup I was set for life.  I now have a couple of draws and I am super happy with all that I have now.
I actually have a whole new confidence that I didn't have before coming to BR.  I have learned that beauty comes in many shapes and sizes and that I am great the way I am.  Sure I still have down times but in the most part I am happy.  BR has just changed me for the better that's all I know.  And Shaz luff ya!!!!!!! <3

Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Naw you're such a cutie! So glad you met some awesome people through here, you deserve all the awesome peeps in your life :)

I don't know so much that it has changed me, but it has been an absolute delight to find real life humans to communicate with who love makeup and beauty as much as I do. I think it also opened by eyes to the fact that you don't need to be a 20 year old to love makeup, which is the naive impression I got from YouTube - my only beauty outlet previously. My friends now don't need to hear me banging on about products because I can review them on here, etc etc, so I guess it probably changed their lives more than mine :P
RamblingRose
1280 posts
It's turned me into a researcher!  I don't buy make-up or skincare products anymore without reading BR reviews and researching the product thoroughly first.  In the past, I would have walked into a store and just bought whatever I needed by looking at the packaging and reading the splurb on the back, sometimes if the packaging was pretty, that was it, I bought it.  Lol, not anymore.

BR has also made me a lot more confident, both in myself (with my self-esteem and accepting my body the way it is) and by enabling me to help others where I can (for free), by posting my "two-cents worth" on the forum.  :-)
Rajvee2588
221 posts
Oh shaza. Good to hear now you have lots of friends. Friends are really important in our life.
i also changed heaps. First of all my English writing is impove because English is my second language ( sorry BR this is not beauty related) credit goes to my lovely BR friends thank you for everything.
BR changed me heaps beauty wise. I am experimenting new colours special of eye shadow and lip colour... Always afraid to try bold colour. BOLD IS BEAUTIFUL. I am not buying any thing if I don't want to use. Always think before buy and check the reviews on BR. I save more money because BR reviews. Always get updated for beauty related. 

What a lovely thread.

shazatron101
5112 posts
I am loving these answers, they give me the warm fuzzies. It makes me so happy that because of a website we have started to love something we used to hate about ourselves. 

Rajvee, your English improves every time I see you comment in the forum! It's wonderful seeing you improve :-) I bet it's a great feeling for you too? (I hope it is). But you are right, it is important to have friends, and I'm so so so grateful to have the ones I've found through here <3 
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
Cool thread! Awesome you have met a bunch of new friends Shaz x

For me BR has been a place for me to learn, and appreciate. I love being apart of the BR community through this website and other social media platforms.

I was truly and amateur with everything when I started out on this website. I never primed, I never used lipstick, I didn't use skin care, I knew very little about everything. I now prime, I now wear lipstick and I now use skin care products!

BR has given me the confidence to be myself, express myself and not worry what others may think.

I'm greatful for BR and all you ladies on it x
Rajvee2588
221 posts
Of course shaza I am so happy. When I can't explain myself  that time I feel soffacate. My husband also notice my upgraded beauty and lifestyle. He gives me compliments all the time instead of saying he doesn't like makeup.....lol
Macs
5351 posts
BR has changed my life in a big way. I never cared for make up really and only wore it on special ocassion. I got to learn about self care . I do weekly masks now, wear serums, do my nails. I never knew what a highlighter and contouring was. Ask me about it 5 years before and I wouldn't have had a clue what you would have been talking about.  The forum being my main place of learning and articles that BR produces.  I tend to gravitate to heroes reviews because all the information I need to know is in their review. Although I have read some good non hero reviews but 60% of the time I normally do. I look forward to seeing BR evolve as time goes on.
MareeB
5239 posts
I love talking with everyone, learning  new things, buying new things, and just having fun. I come here every day, I don't know what I'd do instead now!
Kimrose
1412 posts
This is wonderful Shaz. This is where I have made new friends, learned so much about make up, beauty products, learned a bit more about myself. I hope I have been ( and continue) to be supportive, like a lot of us here, we share and care. I love scrolling through the reviews and looking at the pretty things, that hopefully one day I might own.  

This is my place to wind down after work, to see what everyone has been up to and explore new beautiful things. xx
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Awesome thread! Trying to think of the best way to describe how it's changed me and what popped into my head was a roller coaster!
I've learnt how to find the right products for my skin. How I'm so easily enabled into buying so much makeup. Now that I've tried mega expensive and mega cheap I now know what I actually love and have been selling off most of my collections. I've met some amazing friends that I catch up with in real life all the time and also been shown how there is a not so nice side to all things beauty. Before BR I never did selfies! Then I was doing almost daily makeup ones, and now I don't feel the need or desire to do makeup selfies fullstop. So like I said a real roller coaster but this Roller coaster is a ride I'm sticking with as its made me a stronger person that I thank everyone I've interacted with in here for
shazatron101
5112 posts
Oh Rajvee that's so cute! Good husband! ;-)

Hahah Ong, roller coaster is the perfect way to describe it!! I think it's a roller coaster for everyone, just depends on how many loop-de-loops you have ;-) (I have none because I have a strong dislike for them!). And don't forget you've turned into an enabler ;-) 

I need to add to mine - before BR I always shampooed my hair, 7 days a week. After learning it was actually bad, I went cold turkey and cut it down to once a week. Now I can actually go a day or two without even conditioning my hair, it's awesome.

I love all these responses, I woke up and read them all and now I have a huge stupid grin on my face. Happy Thursday ladies!! x

trudijoy
8375 posts
this is awesome, especially all the self-empowerment! <3

BR has taught me that it's okay to like my face and experiment with makeup. Since joining BR and becoming part of the community I've had access to products, tips and examples to follow to learn things.

I've changed how I look at products, how I choose them and how I wear them.

I've learned that other peoples opinions, while valuable, are only as good as their own experiences and that reviews are a great place to see any commonalities, but that ultimately I should be making my own choices for myself.  I've also learned that people can be amazing, and that there are nasty people in the world but that a community dedicated to beauty can outshine them.

I've met some amazing people and encountered more amazing people.

and i've spent a lottttttt of money on things I never knew i wanted :p
shazatron101
5112 posts
I spose it is a bit empowering ;-) and amen to spending money on things I didn't know I wanted "needed" lol. Lush, mostly ;-) hahahaha
trudijoy
8375 posts
wash your mouth out shaz. Lush is essential
shazatron101
5112 posts
I actually snorted lmfao. Speaking of Lush, the easter range is out ;-) 
MareeB
5239 posts
Agree. Lush is essential. No negotiating.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I saw that Shaz! I texted my Mum to inform her as she is a lush addict also, I got a text back saying 'I just got you easter Lush *heart*' eekkk excited much :) love my Mum
shazatron101
5112 posts
Can your mum buy me Easter Lush? lmfao you lucky duckie. I hope you love it!!! <3 
trudijoy
8375 posts
Awww amy! Cute.
MrsLissy
301 posts
I'm really picky about products now. If I'm planning on buying something I research it more first so I get a better idea if it will be good for my skin etc first. I have refined my skincare regime and really think my skin looks and feels better for it. In terms of makeup I don't buy heaps of cheaper things like I did before I tend to buy a more expensive thing I've been lusting after and since I've been doing this I have been hitting pan because I've really enjoyed using products over and over. I learn so much from the articles on BR I really can't thank them enough, it's made me a much more conscious beauty consumer :D
Rezee
1964 posts
Great question. ?I definitely look after my skin way better now. It's only getting drier as I get older but it's no longer so dry and patchy especially under makeup.I adore talking to the amazing women on here and getting inspired and enabled all the time too.I also feel like maybe, when I grow up (I'm almost 30 lol), I think I'd like to do something in the beauty industry for a job. Like a beauty therapist at a salon or something. Giving facials or spa treatments sounds really appealing to me. I just need to figure out what I have to do to get a job like that.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
BR has completely changed my make up collection. I now have so many quality products and I've also discovered how great organic products are.
Lutece
1849 posts
This is such an awesome thread :) I agree with you I dont buy things for the sake of spending money anymore. Now I spend more time researching before I purchase anything and usually spend a few weeks before deciding on a product. Skin care has been a must, before BR I didnt care about skincare or the importance of removing my makeup. Not only has BR changed the way of beauty for me but I have made some amazing friends in this time too :)
shazatron101
5112 posts
Awww all these replies are just cute and my heart has warm fuzzies. You ladies are awesome x

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!