Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

How does your morning skin care differ from your night Routine

26 posts, 22 members
Danni
324 posts
hey beauties! I'm trying to get better with my skin care, I can be a bit slack but know I need to get my act together if I want nice skin when I'm older. I just wanted to know how your skin care differs from morning to night? Do you only have. Skin care regime once a day? What products do you all use? 

My my morning skin care is generally:
- cleanser
- light moisturiser with spf 
- eye cream

its so simple I'm the morning just because I'm not really a morning person. 
Night routine insists of :
- make up remover liquid
- this is when I take the opportunity to use an exfoliater a couple times a week
- cleanse
- then this is where I do a mask once/twice a week 
- toner 
- eye cream and moisturiser
- face oil/serum 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I do a similar routine in the morning, time being a factor in it. Sometimes I will throw in a quick exfoliation if I think I need it eg weekend and not doing much. I use the evening routine as part of relax/me time, I also have more time to do masks and treatments at that time.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
Mine differ - my morning routine is quick, just a brightening cleanser followed by a mosituriser with SPF. Night time I remove makeup, cleanse, use eye cream, then a night moisturiser mixed with rosehip oil. I use a mask or a scrub a couple of times a week.

I think the biggest factor in how your skin looks when you are older is whether you protect it from the sun or not. SPF is a must for me.

Shana_Banana84
567 posts
Mine is very different.  I find my night regime is far more uniform and intense.  Here is my routine:

Morning:
Skinfood Cleans All or Exfoliating scrub depends on how my skin looks
Trilogy Rosehip oil
Nivea Q10 Plus day cream

Night:
Skinfood Exfoliating scrub
Mask of some sort happens once a week usually a Sunday.
Nivea Q10 Plus Night Cream
Nutrimetics Apricot oil
Le Reve Eye serum and cream
shazatron101
5112 posts
I don't know if I really have a routine, I just call it throw it on if you remember lol... In the shower I wash my face with something, could be anything from Bossy Cosmetics' Clay scrub bar to Skinfoods exfoliating scrub, or even Nuetrogena (I have a lot of samples). For a moisturizer I throw on some rosehip oil, maybe a pump of Keihls line reducing concentrate and the Moisture Mist moisturizer from the first BRBB. At night if I remember I put on a bit of Keihls midnight recovery serum mixed with rosehip oil or Oasis' Hot Toddy. I had a dry patch earlier in the week and I put some of Sorbets saving face on, good grief. Hello baby bum face! So soft and no more dry! Lovely
Macs
5351 posts
Mornings

I will cleanse if (I didn't remove my make up at night, yes I know this is bad lol)
Skinfood Cleans all/Manuka Doctor Hydarating Facial Cleanser/ St Ives Facial Scrub
Skin Repair moisturiser by Manuka Doctor or Trilogy Vital Moisturiser
Banana Boat Sunscreen
Ganier Body Moisutriser/ Was using Vaseline spray but I've used that up/Moisture Mist lotion

Night

Manuka Doctor night cream
Trilogy Rose hip oil/ Manuka Doctor Anti Ageing serum/Manuka Doctor Wrinkle filler
Face Mask once a week Lush Catastrophe or Manuka Doctor Bee Venom Mask
Cleanser (One of the top mentioned above) Za foamy cleanser
I alternate between the products

Lisa-
79 posts
Im glad you started this thread, I need to step up my game when it comes to skincare so it's cool to see what everyone else is doing/using.

At the moment I just moisturise morning and night, use a face wash/cleanser when I shower at night and exfoliate once or twice a week.
george
150 posts
Love threads like this! I completely changed my skincare routine recently and I wish I had started a similar thread when I was looking. Here is my current routine and products:

Morning:
St Ives Green Tea Cleanser
Evolu Rosehip Oil
Formula 10.0.6 Matte Moisturiser (or whatever it's called)
By Nature Eye Cream

Evening:
Maybelline Eye and Lip Remover
Garnier Micellar Water
Lipidol Face Cleanser
Evolu Rosehip Oil
Nivea Daily Essentials Regenerating Night Cream
By Nature Eye Cream

MrsLissy
301 posts
Mine are totally different.

Mornings are like this:
Cleanse/exfoliate my face while I'm in the shower
Apply Oxygen serum
Moisturise

Night time:
Remove make up
Cleanse
Rosehip Oil
Eye cream
Night creme
Overnight lip primer

I use different cleansers morning and night too.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
My morning and evening routines are different:

Morning
- Wash face with a wash cloth and warm water only (no soap or cleanser)
- Toner (Oasis Berry Brightening Tonic)
- Moisturiser (Swisspers Aloe Daily with SPF15)

Evening
- Cleanse with foaming gel cleanser (Swisspers Skin Perfecting Cleanser)
- Exfoliate (I do this twice weekly, with Dedicated to Nature Refine Facial Exfoliator)
- Mud mask (once a week, Dedicated to Nature Maintain Mud Mask)
- Toner (Oasis Berry Brightening Tonic)
- Garnier Night Serum (I have oily skin so I don't moisturise on top of this)
- Eye cream (Swisspers Soothing Eye Cream)

Mila
1209 posts
My routine's arent too much different from each other .

Morning Routine;

Wash face
cleanse 
moisturise

Night time Routine;

Remove makeup with makeup wipes
cleanser
Moisturise 
Serum

Jesse
745 posts
Mine's essentially the same with only a couple of differences, the cleanse/tone/moisturise is all the same. This is my current.

Morning...
- Cleanse with Clinique Anti-Blemish cleansing bar
- Tone with Sukin Hydrating Mist Toner
- Eye cream - Oasis Lips and Lashes
- Serum - Lancome Visionaire Serum
- Moisturiser - Clinique Anti-Blemish Clearing Treatment

Evening...
- Garnier Micellar Water
- Cleanse, sometimes scrub using Oasis Tropical Smoothie
- Tone
- Eye cream
- Treatment - Prescription retinoid gel
- Moisturise
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Haha it seems that I'm the only one who doesn't cleanse in the morning. I tried it for a little but just felt that it dried my skin out even more.

Morning
Spray Soultime Toner (great for waking up a tired face)
Paulas Choice moisturiser
SPF 50

Night
Remove eye makeup with micellar water
Remove rest of makeup with makeup wipe
Cleanse with Neutrogena Naturals pore scrub
Wipe face with Stridex wipe (will replace this 1x weekly with a Paulas Choice BHA or AHA exfoliant)
Soultime Toner
Paulas Choice serum
Paulas Choice moisturiser
Paulas Choice Vit C treatment under the eyes

The night routine is painful at times lol but I still make myself do it. I've also been making sure to get my décolleté recently as well!
Sarahbeautynz
1031 posts
Jesse, if you don't mind me asking, what's the prescription retinoid gel for?
Jesse
745 posts
It's for acne, I have quite bad skin and it helps keep it at bay. I had been wanting to go on Isotane for it but my doctor said I had to try this first :)
astylecollector
204 posts
Mine used to be quite similar as I used to use the Clinique 3-step system to keep my breakouts at bay. My skin doesn't agree to that now so I had to change my routine.

Morning:
- Cleanse using Nubian African Black Soap
- George's Aloe Spray Mister (if I remember to put it on)
- Trilogy Vital Moisturising Cream
- Benefit eye cream

Night:
- Garnier Micellar Water
- Remove the rest with facial wipes
- Cleanse using Nubian African Black Soap
- Clinique anti-blemish toner
- Acure Moroccan Oil
- Benefit eye cream
- Rosehip oil on my lashes before I go to bed.
- If I have bad breakouts, I put Margarite Zinc Cream on it as a spot treatment.

I also use facial mask and scrub at night 2x a week.

Whew, it actually seems intense when I write it down. I still haven't found the right balance though to tame my acne-prone skin.
trudijoy
8375 posts
I shower in the morning so that makes a difference:

Morning:

- cleanser in the shower (Sorbet in Your Face at the moment, other faves include ZA and Essano)

-a couple of times a week I do a face scrub instead.  At the moment I have the Honey Collection Harvest Crush (it's all berries and honey and nuts and divine) then I have the Skinfood one from the BRBB to try.  If my skin is grumpy I like Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit

- post shower - moisturiser ASAP after shower (using Moisture Mist Emulsion atm

Night:

- micellar water routine.  I ignore the instructions and do it my way.  I wet three rounds with Garnier micellar water and use one (front and back) on eyes and face, then rinse, then repeat, then rinse again and repeat again.

- 2x (ish) a week (if my skin needs it) Oasis Straight Up serum (fights my pimples hardout!)

- 1-2x a week = a mask.  Almost always Lush unless I've acquired something to try.  Currently Maks of Magnaminty, often Brazened Honey or Catastrophe Cosmetic.

- post mask I'm using Jurlique citrus clarifying mist, simply because I got it dirt cheap ($20 duty free) and I can.  It's not really adding anything but it's nice haha.

- on non-Oasis-Serum days - night cream.  I was using  Essano Rosehip, int he past I've used Wild Ferns (the honey one) but atm I'm using the Trilogy Vital Moisturiser form the BRBB because it's rich and thick and better for me as a night cream.

- 1-2x a week...simple hot flannel over my face for a quick steam.

I also never dry my face with my shower towel, always with a  fresh facecloth.
Danni
324 posts
This is so interesting to read everyones routine! Gives me heaps of ideas for products to try :)
Lutece
1849 posts
This is a very interesting thread, a great way to see what others do too :)

Normally mine just moisturiser , or a quick exfoliating if I need to

Night time is a oil cleanser and a rich moisturiser
idomakeupnz
150 posts
Morning:
- Cleanse
- Hydrating Toner
- Essence
- SPF

Night:
- Oil Cleanse (if I was wearing makeup)
- Cleanse
- pH Lowering Toner (only when I'm using chemical exfoilants)
- Chemical Exfoilant (Sunday/Thursday night I use BHA and Monday/Friday night I use AHA)
- Hydrating Toner
- Eye Cream
- Hyaluronic Acid Serum
- Licorice Serum
- Gel Cream

If I need to physcially exfoilate between the acids I just use a Konjac Sponge because it's nice and gentle but still gets the job done.
I am also often adding new products to my routine as I have adopted a Korean style skincare lifestyle.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Great thread! 

Im naughty in the morning. I put on Shiseido's Ibuki protective moisturiser, drink 1048484 cups of coffee, procrastinate and that's it haha.

At night I cleanse then apply a gel, rosehip oil, a softening concentrate and then a moisturiser to my face as I like to try to combat my dry skin through the night.
SandieNZ
424 posts
Great thread, really interesting to see how different we all are with our routines.

My typical routine is

Morning:
Micellar cleanse if I have panda eyes
Tailor Oil Cleanse
Tone
Oxygen Serum
100% Pure Coffee Bean eyecream
Trilogy Moisturising Cream

Evening:
Tailor Oil Cleanse
Tailor Dry Cleanse or Cosima Polished to Perfection
Tone
Oxygen Serum or Orania Serum
Cosima Flawless Eyecream
Cosima Flawless Cream

2-3 times weekly:
Skinfood Mud Mask
Tailor Mud Mask
Oxygen Honey Prufiying Mask
(I don't use them all, I mix them up)

SandieNZ
424 posts
In fact, just reading that it's apparent I need a nourishing mask to use once or twice a week....
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
I cleanse and use a serum then a moisturiser 
end of day I use a makeup remover then cleanse and use a serum then a night cream and eye cream.
i do exfoliate and face mask a couple of times a week and depending on my work schedule I'll either do that morning or evening. :)
k3r1pakai
1185 posts
Morning : antibacterial cleansing milk Oasis
Very berry toner
Lips and lashes serum }Oasis
Apple a day 25+ moisterizer
Inika Primer
Stay matte foundation Rimmel or
Oasis bbcream cream
Then proceed with makeup
finishing off with rimmel stay matte transculent powder and urban decay DE slick setting spray

Evening: Micellar water Garnier
Shiseido purifying gentle cleanser ibuki
Shiseido softening concentrate ibuki
Lips n lashed oasis
Shiseido refining moisterizer ibuki
Hot toddy serum oasis

Skin food exfoliation 2-3 x per week
Berry smoothie oasis 1x per week
Natio purifying clay mask 1-2x per week.
Mumof3Munchkins
2718 posts
I'm pretty much the same for morning and evening.  I guess the only thing I do differently is maybe every couple of days or so I will plop on a face mask and add either a serum or oil only because if I do this in the daytime it looks like I have oily skin and BB cream makes my face look super shiny lol x

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!