Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

How Do You Get Your Hubby To Trim His Toenails? :(

18 posts, 15 members
littlepeckers
10 posts
Evening ladies!
This is an odd question & maybe not for the squeamish but I have been seeking for a solution for a while now with no such luck so I thought I would ask you ladies :)
My hubby won't let me NEAR his toes & they are in dire need of a good trim!
He is ticklish & everytime I get close, I nearly get kicked.
He claims he lets them grow to the end of his work boots & lets them simply snap off :0
They are long & revolting!
Are there tools avaliable for squirming children that may work on him? 
I would love any suggestions,  
Hope you all are keeping warm & cosy xx
Bird
231 posts
OMG guys can be so gross eeeeeeeeek!!! I just nagged that I'm fed up with being scratched in bed by the toe claws! I'd withold certain things ;) that is so icky lol.
The Man keeps his short thank goodness!
He suggested you get him smaller boots so they don't get so long lol....
tannygirl
3392 posts
I had a chuckle about his idea of a solution to avoid toenail trims.This is just off the top of my head but I suffer from really, really cold frozen almost immobile feet. I'm wondering if he gets cold enough feet and toes maybe he wouldn't feel as ticklish. Sounds rather extreme but once you're done quickly trimming them he can go pop his feet in a nice bucket of warm water and some baking soda and maybe some essential oils to finish off the quick pedi. Just a thought off the top of my head since I'm currently sitting here with frozen feet and have a hard time feeling my toes. :-)

Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Lol I guess hog tying is out of the question ;)

love what tannygirl said. Makes sense. Send him out in the snow
pintsize
1072 posts
I used to trim my kids toenails in their sleep (less likely to be kicked too) however I think the angle grinder you will need to use on hubby might wake your him ;) heehee

LOL farmers-wife that would have been my other suggestion... but the poor lad might get rope burn :)
chikoboo
3402 posts
My hubby actually asks me to cut his nail, hands and feet.  Think he like the pampering really, he will grab the cutters and files and subtly throw them on my lap then place his feet there as he lies beside me........so I don't have an answer for how to deal with a squirmy hubby.  You can get baby nail clippers that are softer to help cut babys without hurting them, but they may not be strong enough for a grown man's toe nails.

You could try to get him to file them rather than cutting if that what puts him off, I find as I'm ticklish if I do it myself I'm ok.
MrsLissy
301 posts
I cut my hubbys finger and toe nails. I get injured by them from being kicked in the night if i don't :/ he's a real winger and he squeals and carries on if I 'hurt' him. I just tell him to stay still and not be such a girl about it. I think you are just going to have to pin him down and go for it!
littlepeckers
10 posts
Thank you for all your responses :)Haha hog tying him & using an angle grinder would be the perfect solution!I might threaten not to feed him if he doesn't clip them back & that should work :)Otherwise I will present him with a horrific image of nasty toes off google & calmly explain his toes will end up like that.I wonder if there is a literal MAN-icure kit out there that would enthuse him :)  
Bird
231 posts
Lmao did you just see two & a half men on tele? He stated it has the word MAN in it lol
Susilia
484 posts
Oh my, how lucky I am to have a man who cuts his own toenails!!!:D
katypatatie
142 posts
Buy some "kinky" handcuffs. Lure him to the bedroom and cuff his arms and legs down. Then go to town on him, with the nail clippers. After that, you can choose what do with him ;)
chikoboo
3402 posts
Katy...omg fluffy handcuff him down!!! I knew I liked you lol  Nothing wrong with a bit of wrestling to bring some well needed pampering and preening into a man's life. 
kirstysays
762 posts
Hahahaha katychristina I like the way you think :P
Mrs_rain85
437 posts
My partner likes to think hes growing his toe nail's incase the flood's come and he may need to climb tree's hahahaha he's also ticklish but I can't stand long toenail's! ew! so i threaten him, If you don't cut them or let me cut them, then no sexy time for you, or I'll say well If you don;t want to groom your feet, I wont groom down south....lol and before you know It ...trimmed toenail's lol 
nelliebelle
113 posts
Lucky for me my husband hates his feet being touched by anyone and does them himself. I'm so glad he does it himself though cause I HATE feet!
courtspace
84 posts
My partner cuts them and leaves them in little piles on his bedside table. Very gross. But at least he cuts them! There have been some great ideas!!
MicheleC
419 posts
LOL!  Such a good read! Love all of the different suggestions.  I am glad my DH does his own. He has ticklish feet so I can't get near them. The only unfortunate thing is he doesn't do a particularly great job on the cutting and leaves little bits that can still scratch. He does the same with his finger nails leaves pointed bits.  It's funny really - he appreciates that I paint my nails and tells me how much he likes the different nail colours I have, yet he makes a dogs dinner of cutting his own nails.  Funny beasties are our men!
deelooc23
48 posts
Wow thats gross, I really feel for any woman that has to put up with that. But I guess I'm lucky because my husband takes care of those things without any input from me, so I'm no use to you. Sorry, but goodluck :-)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!