Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

How do you decide...

21 posts, 18 members
Kimrose
1416 posts
I was wondering how we all decide which review to do next? 

I have a lot on my items to review list and every so often I check out recently added items.  I check out my list and pick one, then I go and get the product so I have it in front of me and off I go.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
I keep a list of products to review in Evernote (one gets added whenever I buy something new) and when I finish a product I type up and save my review in the same Evernote document.  Some people use Word but Evernote works better for me as I can access it from any device.

When end it comes to posting a review on BR, I just post the next review on my list unless there's a product that I'm really excited about, then I'll 'bump it up' and post it next.  I have a whole heap of reviews on there for products or brands not yet on BR and I often check my list against recently added products.
MissQT
1547 posts
Silvene is Evernote an app? I just use note pad on my iPad. As for deciding which reviews to write and post, I tend to just write up products that I have recently used or finished. I like to mix it up e.g, one product I loved, then one product I disliked, a skin care product, makeup product etc.
Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I like to review the things I've used for the longest period of time first or once I've emptied a product.
Macs
5351 posts
Hey kim, 

I just randomly pick from any of them thats in my list.I try and save my favourites for Huge milestones. 
Rezee
1964 posts
I'm a bit of a geek when reviewing!
I personally like to be using the product at the time of reviewing so I like to plan mine out. I try my best to do 3 a week so at the start of the week I figure out what I want to review and use those products.  Some things obviously need longer than a week of use so I just keep a list in my head of what I have planned for the future.
Like I said, total geek.
SooziesWorld
2999 posts
Usually when I'm finishing a product as I have a huge reviews to do list and I don't like empties hanging around. 
ragingfrog
1289 posts
I have a few reviews on the go at once, I try to write a first impression when I get it then add more after I have used them for a bit eg most of the shampoo bottle used.
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
My list of things to review is huge, so I just choose the product I have been using recently, or whichever product jumps out at me as I scroll through the list. Now since all the new Lush goodies have been added, my list of things to review is massive. Will have to tear into that on the next rainy day.
Pifithrin
1243 posts
I like to review things once I have finished them, as I find out more about the product and how it performs that way. Others I do as I am using them. I've got a huge to do list that I am working on slowly.
RamblingRose
1280 posts
Evernote does have an app that can be installed on mobile devices as well as a website login for use via a browser.  The basic package is free (its what I use) and the other packages have additional features that you have to pay for.  I'll try link it here
banginbeauty
3 posts
I like to go through the trending products to find if I hav tried any of them yet. Other-wise I go though my beauty products and find a product that I have something to say about and then I come on here and write a review.

Sometimes when me and some friends talk about a product that we've all used, I note it down on my phone and come on here and  review it because I'll have more to say about it :-)
chloednz
217 posts
?I try and keep a bit of a pile of things I need to review in the middle of my dressing table so that I reach for those first before anything else. Sometimes you really need to use a product a few times or even for a few weeks to really form a concrete opinion about it, and I find otherwise I reach for whatever is closest when I'm in a rush
Macs
5351 posts
I agree. I wait at least a month with skincare and body lotions. Sometimes in the recently added I might find something I have used before and add it to my to do list.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I love to review products I love and can rav about. So those normally go first. Or products I hate and have reasons why it can be reviewed. Ones that are oh its ok, don't have alot to say, either don't get reviewed or left for so long I threw the item out or forgot to review it.
kirstyj
1732 posts
I usually just go for whatever I am finishing or using frequently at the time. If there is something in my empties pile I like to review it before I throw out the packaging so I can review it properly.
MareeB
5241 posts
Just whatever I've used really.
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I just look at my to review list and pick which one I feel most inspired to write about.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I can get a bit OCD and matchy matchy and sometimes I like to review all the products I have been using from one brand at a time. Other times I go by what I am inspired to review or what I have just used up completely or am nearly finished. I usually like to review a product when I am almost done using it because then I can tell whether I saw any results using it or developed an allergic reaction using it over time.
Macs
5351 posts
I can happily say that I haven't had a allergic reaction so far. I can thank BR beauties for helping me make the right choices. 
Lutece
1849 posts
I love how we have the tabs to put the reviews we want to do in a section. For me how I choose is I go through that list and if one jumps out at me, then I review it :)

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!