Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

How did you come across Beauty Review?

65 posts, 64 members
SandyGedge
394 posts
Morning lovelies :-)

I am curious as to how you all came across this amazing site?

For me it was around one year ago when I was 'googling' information about my condition Adnemioses as well as information on migraine remedies & waalaa...up pop a review from our wonderful super hero Kirsty (Chikoboo) about Badgar Headache Soother. Her review was fabulous as always & I signed up. Needless to say that I've been hooked ever since and my life has changed for the better in more ways than one :-) xxx
Angell
182 posts
Right back, when the site first started (I think it was a few months if not weeks old) the Queen told me about it. I was pretty excited about this but thought I'll be bored with beauty products after a few days. Hahahah I was so wrong. Learning every day something new and it is actually fun *grin* I think the Queen and her royal party has done well.
Abi
29 posts
Well over a year ago, heard Lana from More FM raving about it. How right she was ;)
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
A year ago I heard it on the radio:)  I was on the computer a couple of days latter and had a look and joined , I started of slow and took me a we bit to get around the site but now I'm here every day :) 
accidentprone_x
845 posts
I came across this site when I googled something like beauty samples in nz that is also how I found Goodiebox and sample bar.
Mrs_rain85
437 posts
I came across beauty review by searching for sample's and freebie's, that's how I also got onto subscription boxes.
Rezee
1964 posts
I saw it on facebook. You know how when you like certain pages and then it pops up with stuff you may like as well? Yeah, well I saw this page. At first I thought it sounded dodgy but once I joined up, I realised how totally wrong I was about that!

Amyxxoo
1155 posts
I saw it on facebook, read through the page and signed up straight away. I love BR :)
100_percent_ash
488 posts
I heard about it on zm a year ago. I'm a sucker for freebies. Didn't take long for it to become sooooo much more than a place to score freebies though. It's my favourite website but it's more than that it really is an online community.
melly650
375 posts
I saw a girl posting on some or other makeup page on Facebook, clicked the link and knew I had to be in the land of pink ;) I had just started getting into real makeup and all the girls posted about NARS, Urban Decay and things I couldn't afford. The site looked really attractive and informative and well, here I am ever since. Couldn't be happier I came across BR.
tannygirl
3392 posts
I was doing research on product I was looking to purchase and this site came up. I was thrilled that there were multiple reviews on this site. And then I saw that you could sign up and get products sent to you to review so I did. Over the next few months I realized that getting sent a product to review only happens once in a blue moon for me but I still found the product reviews very imformative as well the forum for getting answers to various beauty dillemas and other things. And those are main things I appreciate about this site why I come on here.
cushlaH5
178 posts
i first heard about BR on the facebook page makeup obsessives. a girl was talking about how she got to trialing products for free andwrite her own reviews. i honestly thought it was too good to be true. but nope this place is just amazing!
Kaitlyn343
268 posts
I had been trying to look for reviews on something, which I was having no luck for whatsoever! I then came across a post on instagram with someone talking about beautyreview and they told me I should check it out, so here I am! Never looked back aaannd I finally found reviews on the product I was looking for :)
Marcel
335 posts
I was going competition crazy several months ago searching for them and entering every online comp I could, this is how I came across beauty review.
kirstysays
762 posts
I actually have no clue how I stumbled across it (my memory is terrible).  I'm guessing I was reasearching some product I was planning on purchasing as I always research before making beauty purchases and this is the perfect place for that :)
Macs
5351 posts
I found out through my sister in laws. Now Im hooked on BR.
jessickaxnz
1176 posts
Great question! Like some of the other ladies, I had BR PPP up on facebook as one of those pages I might be interested in. I ignored it the first few times I saw it and then my curiosity got the better of me and the rest is history;)
STORM03
94 posts
ha... my mum told me about this awesome site... and i was really looking forward to when i would be allowed to join it... and now... i can stop coming by.... its just so awesome here... and all the ladies and girlies here are just so lovely. :) <3
Mandz
86 posts
I had seen BR on Facebook and joined up one day but it wasn't till months later that I really realised what it was all about and got really into it, now I would be lost without it! I love jumping on and checking out the forum, articles and product reviews! Is defiantly my go to place I have learnt so much as well as trying new stuff that I never knew exsisted like memebox, I just got my first memebox (pinkaholic) yesterday in the post and it is amazing! BR has turned into my social media of choice I would much rather jump on here than Facebook I found it to be a great getaway! :) 
Nicolef
11 posts
I came across BR somewhere online.  I was reading something, like a magazine and the article referred to BR.  Aroused my curiosity.
beksnz
33 posts
I only recently came across this gem and haven't managed to go a day without checking it yet! I think I first came across it when I was looking to see if there were reviews for foundations and tanning places. I'm always so bad at spending money so I have to shop around thoroughly beforehand. Haha. I've found my match. 
Kellie
570 posts
I found out about BR through a friend.  She was raving on FB about a moisturiser she was using, I asked her where she got it, and she said she was trialling it through BR.  Being a curious monkey I had a wee looky loo and found myself signing up.  I don't think a day has passed that I haven't been on the site since - and that'd be a good 18 months ago.  Love me my daily BR fix.  It's as important as coffee in my books :)
Kia
550 posts
I think I saw an ad on the side of a facebook page. I joined because I was looking for a review on a super super expensive product and none of the reviews I found were up to scratch, and then there came this website, where I got exactly what I wanted to hear! 
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
I seen it on FB. I signed up and looked for awhile. Then I discovered the threads. I thought it was for the "clicky" girls. I replied to something and Colleen and Kirsty talked back. Then I was hooked! I wasn't into skincare or makeup. Now I have a makeup room!
belindaledwards
111 posts
Jay Jay from The Edge was talking about it on Facebook, raving about it :-)

SandyGedge
394 posts
I really enjoy reading all your feedback thanks lovelies :-) I also love how this amazing community has had positive effects on some of your lives. BR is also like my coffee...gotta have it....I need it...and if I don't get my daily fix....im a grump bum hahaha
1139 posts
I don't actually remember because I signed up back in 2012 but didn't start using the site until half way through last year. I probably came across it by looking for competitions and free samples though... I started using the site last year when I got an email newsletter and found it really interesting, so I went on the site to read more. 
MrsO
196 posts
I was reading the New Zealand Herald and one of their contributors was singing the praises of Beauty Review, so thought I'd have a look.
I heard them talking about it on zm and thats when I joined up. Glad I was listening to the radio that day
Chaotic82
522 posts
My friend posted her referral link, then I became more addicted than her :/  hehe
sophie4cats
139 posts
A friend on Fb was talking about it and sent me a referral link, and I've been hooked every since!! I love learning new things, and finding products I can't wait to try (:
MissQT
1547 posts
I heard about it on the radio then googled it :)
MicheleC
419 posts
Over a year ago I was looking for information on a product. I can't remember what it was. Being cautious and needing to make sure I didn't end up with a dud. It would have been skincare related. How much of a change that brief intersection of need and information has made in all our lives! Excellent!
I found it om Google a few months ago when I was looking for reviews on a product to see if it was worth buying... I was curious about BR when I saw it so I clicked on the link and signed up!

Now Im finding Ill check reviews before I purchase anything! 

Beauty Review is my go to wwebsite now :)???
kstah21
127 posts
lol well, I saw an add on facey about a year ago, had a quick look and thought, this is too good to be true, then this year I saw the same add and thought hmmm lets see how cool it would be to actually review and read reviews etc..... I'm guttered I didn't sign up last year but thank goodness I came across the add again!!!! I love BR!!!! 
Nirvana
38 posts
The ever wonderful Sarah (mumof3munchkins) is how I found Beauty Review!
michelleburne
229 posts
I was goggling beauty sites and stumbled upon it and been here ever since! And yes my beauty products have most certainly grown, now I've got somewhere to read reviews before purchasing......PLUS meeting all the lovelies on here and my BRAs :)
littleannajane
12 posts
I was at a friends place when she recieved some shampoo in the mail to use and reveiw.  I asked about it and she told me about BR.  I came home that day, had a look at the website and I love it, its the last site I check out for the day!  I have seriously learned so much more about beauty tips/routines/products in the last couple of months, than I ever new,  due to BR!  Love you guys and thanks so much!
mooiroos
37 posts
Through some facebook friends. Been a member since April this year and loving it!
MareeB
5239 posts
I was googling 'beauty' and up it came. It took me a few days to really get what it was about, and of course now I can't stop! I'm so glad I found it!
poohbearfan
45 posts
I was researching something and google pointed me here. I nosied round and thought gosh this will be useful to refer to if I"m ever looking at buying anything. So I signed up and now I have the page open in my tabs everyday so I can pop in and check out what's happening.
Charmmy-Kitty
639 posts
I think I was checking out which bb cream to buy and saw this. I loved the idea of earning points that you can actually spend and it's great to be able to have a honest say in my opinion on the products I use. 
ieseon
67 posts
I am not entirely sure since it was some time ago but I believe I was searching for goodie box using google and read about some opinions about it in this website then I signed up then and there :)
chikoboo
3402 posts
Awww thanks Sandy :)

I joined up via FB like some of the others, i have always had a underlying passion for beauty products but then i joined this group and bang it has evolved into my hobby, going from a small bag of 5 items to a hoard of hundreds lol.  
Kittik
179 posts
I think from memory I discovered it via fb..

It was definitely the reviews that got me hooked, and shortly after that discovered the forums.. which in turn led me to memebox and korean skincare.
Previous to that, I'd pretty much given up on buying skin care products as I reacted so badly to them, as I've got very dry and sensitive skin.
Now its become a hobby/obsession. :)

I really enjoy the forums on br. Everyone is so nice and helpful, and I have learned a lot!!
Kandace
13 posts
Came across BR when I was searching for beauty sites in NZ, thought it was too good to be true and signed up straight away! Have been hooked since :-)
PaigeC
194 posts
I came across BR because a friend on FB was bragging about a product that they had been sent to trial :) I was intrigued and visited the site straight away to see what BR was all about
skingeek
537 posts
a friend of mine worked for the company that did the Web design. She told me about this new cosmetic reviewing website n thoughts I might be interested haha heck yes I was!
severest
44 posts
I heard about it on the Facebook Makeup Obsessives Page and got hooked!
xjayloux
900 posts
From a google search in 2012! =) cant remember exactly what I was googling but I signed up pretty damn fast! Lol 

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!