Vault

Max value reached

Adding this item would put you over your total vault limit of $250. please review your cart to stay under the limit.

Hero/Super vault access

43 posts, 25 members
trudijoy
8375 posts
Just realised I'm outta town on vault weekend again. Last vault I was in Japan, this one I'll be down South and on a timetable not my own!

Which leads me to my question....

Hero/Super early vault access... will this be a few days before or the first few minutes as it was for the last one? If it's the latter, I'll probably assume I can't participate but if it's the former there's hope for me yet :)
DianaN
143 posts
Ooh I hope it's the former for your case! You really do deserve it! :)
Ringy
825 posts
yeah I was wondering about the three minute thing too- guess we will find out in the next 24 days or so!
trudijoy
8375 posts
Thanks Diana :) I managed to sneak in from Japan last time but that was a bit easier actually! There's still a chance I can get in on the day; I just don't know.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
It worked really well when they did it at a different day from memory.the last vault went without a hitch. Hope you can get in trudi
Rezee
1964 posts
Oooh,  I hope something like that happens. December 5th is a super busy day for me and I was wondering how I'll fit in vault time, I hope to make it work though!
chikoboo
3402 posts
The last 3 or 4 vaults it has been a staggered entry for example there was the hero/supers entry a few days before, then the vault preview for everyone the day before then everyone in who is eligible on the Saturday morning.  So it will probably be the same again with heroes/supers going in Tues/Wed beforehand (I think not 100% on that date)
trudijoy
8375 posts
I don't think heroes and supers *did* get in a few days before last time? I might be wrong but I was hoping we would because the timing would suit me better being in Asia, but I think it was everyone on the Saturday, but the heroes and supers earlier?
shazatron101
5112 posts
I don't remember getting in earlier in the last vault - other than the usual 10 minutes earlier. Definitely wasn't days earlier. I'm not complaining though, I got everything I wanted last time :-D
chikoboo
3402 posts
Was it? I am sure I didn't get up early but then my mind has been frazzled recently so who knows hahaha.  Ironic if I got it wrong stupid hormones.
shazatron101
5112 posts
Nah I don't think we did, I was super excited because I thought we would, as the vault before had let them in days earlier, but we didn't get the email. And I remember we got in 10 mins early because a previous super (Jesse?) Forgot heroes and supers got in early and went in at 9 and I don't think she ended up getting anything in the end. 
trudijoy
8375 posts
it's a win-win either way for heroes and supers, and I'm getting a free weekend away so i can't be too gutted if I miss out on the vault, but there is def some stuff in there I want to try :)
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
Ah I was wondering about this. Glad you brought it up :)
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
I'm looking forward to finding out. I don't work Saturdays but of course I'm working the vault Saturday. Fingers crossed I can participate, otherwise I will just wait for the next one. 
itsclearascrystal
2055 posts
I know what you mean. I had to work Sunday's and so when the vault was on Sunday I had to race through the vault to get to work on time.
First Lady
957 posts
Hello everyone, Just a heads up that we're going to be introducing a different Super/Hero perk this vault, which means there will be no head start.  (Don't worry something cool will still happen for you guys!) 

This is for a few reasons, mostly as always driven by a) trying to share the love around and b) being fair to all eligible members.

You may/may not be aware but we have a maximum of 30 Supers/Heroes which is around 0.1% of our members.  In the last few Beauty Vaults around 75% (easy $15000+) of goodies were snapped up within the ten minute head start.  

Now as much as we LOVE our die hard BR-ers, there are lots of members (literally thousands of members) who regularly contribute to the review database, have genuinely earned points to spend and whilst may not be as active on the forum/social media/across the site (like our Heroes) we think they deserve an equal shot at the goodies on offer. 

So in short - we've decided to try something new.  Looking at the current Hero class the majority have already experienced at least one head start (or had the opportunity to) and whilst we understand it may be disappointing for our new Heroes, we hope you understand, as always we're coming from love and fairness. 

Love Nat xxx
chelseaadelaide
703 posts
Wow, 75%! That all sounds totally fair. I hope BR still adds random products during the day as that was an awesome way to enable people to sneak in something special when others have gone a little overboard with their hauls. 
Ringy
825 posts
$15 000!! That's an unreal figure! 
trudijoy
8375 posts
it sounds fair enough, and I'm sure you guys will have thought of something to counter the overloading with everyone going in at the same time - can't wait to hear what the new perk is though. A little but gutted to lose this one, but understand the reasoning behind it and that it;s more fair for non heroes/supers :)
First Lady
957 posts
The last few vaults have sat around the $25K mark, which is amazing hey?

We're always tinkering with The Beauty Vault to try and make the experience fun and rewarding for as many people as possible.

Here's a few of the issues we've addressed in the past:

- When the Vault completely died under the traffic load we shipped all successful orders for free and those members that insisted we keep their shipping fee, we donated it to the NZ Breast Cancer Foundation.

- We worked tirelessly with our Boffins to increase server capacity for future vaults.

- After Vault 2 when the majority of fragrance gift sets went in the head start (with member taking up to 5 each) we set the limit at 1 item per member.

- When the site crashed during the Hero headstart due to 1ots of Experts trying to enter, we moved the headstart to a different day.

- We hold back a few high ticket items and surprises to drop in for members who might not be around at 9am

- We changed the day to Sunday for a change last vault, and will definitely hold another Sunday vault soon.

So really this is just another step in us trying to create the ultimate BR reward for as many members as possible :)

xox

trudijoy
8375 posts
and we appreciate it/you. This definitely wasn't intended to be a greedy or grumbly thread, just organising my own head so I know what's coming :) x
kirstyj
1732 posts
Exciting! Looking forward to the new twists to the next vault!!!
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Oh its like making a smoothie and mixing things up! Can't wait to see how tasty it is :D
SandyGedge
394 posts
Ooohlala this sounds exciting! Can't wait to see what the changes are ;-)
pintsize
1072 posts
Oh Trudi, that's a shame it's such bad timing for you again :(

BR is the fairest of the land and I am sure what ever they come up with will be great!
MareeB
5239 posts
Exciting times!
Rezee
1964 posts
I'm intrigued!  I have to say having the 10 minute head start was something I'd been looking forward to but I can't wait to see what else is in store. Having been an expert for the rest of the vaults it is sad to see everything go so quickly so I do think its cool that experts can get in there now too.   
chikoboo
3402 posts
Love mixing things up and can't wait to see what BR have up their sleeves but will be honest to say I'm kind of bummed that the head start is being dropped being on dodgy Internet connection here I won't be able to compete with others in major cities. Oh well nothing like a little change.
Farmers-Wife
2052 posts
Agh totally didn't even think of our mega dodgy totally unreliable Internet. It doesn't handle traffic well at all. Hmmm maybe we need to get dish internet
Kimrose
1412 posts
I love the vaukt and I feel so fortunate to be part of this all. Thanks BR xx
Lutece
1849 posts
The next vault is an armspace away! I think I will pass this one and wait for the next one :)
First Lady
957 posts
You shouldnt need to worry about the server handling the load, the Beauty Boffins do their techie thing and ensure the server wont fall under the Expert traffic level, so a few Heroes on top won't affect it.

That being said obviously it will be more slow than on a non vault day and maybe more slow than shopping with just 20 other people but that's to be expected of any online sale.

As for slow rural internet...we send you positive thoughts!!

XoX
Macs
5351 posts
Interesting twist. I wonder if this is permanent or open to changes. I hope I can participate in this one. 
MAGPIEFI
615 posts
It will be exciting as always
With amazing goodies to be had x

ragingfrog
1289 posts
Thanks Nat for the news that puts me on equal footing with the heros but I like the drop ins later in the day.
MissQT
1547 posts
sounds like there will be some great surprises for the heroes, and I can't wait to find out what the new "head start" will be
Designer-mic
249 posts
That sound really fair First Lady.  I hope everyone gets lucky enough to get a wee treat each. :) 
MrsLissy
301 posts
Wow that's actually insane that the heroes were bagging 75% of the stuff. Good work BR on bringing in changes I love how responsive you always are and it's always in the interests of making BR better for everyone :D
mallomiss
569 posts
Totes fair! 75% is huge! I would never have guessed that! 

Aww I remember when the shipping being donated thing happened! that was sooo good of BR!! 
Mila
1209 posts
Will be exciting to see what the new vault brings ! :) - I've been very lucky to be involved in two headstarts which was amazing .
Thebeautycontext
1768 posts
Speaking of the Vault, looks like some new goodies have been added included Lush.. Drool! Would love to get my hands on that. Also a coffee scrub and a Wild ferns radiance serum oh la la
Macs
5351 posts
Just had a look because Binary mentioned it.
trudijoy
8375 posts
argh now theres vault things i REALLY want. Fingers x'd I get in or I might have to use REAL money! hehe

WELCOME TO NZ'S BIGGEST BEAUTY GUIDE!

READ AND WRITE REVIEWS ON YOUR FAVOURITE (or not so favourite!) PRODUCTS!

Sign up to receive our newsletter and stay up to date with all of the latest happenings here at Beauty Review!

You'll be the first to know about Trial Teams, Vault restocks and Giveaways.

We promise never to spam you - only to share the best in NZ beauty!

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST!